I might... because of very specific code changes I made to the Commands (well in many cases the new command doesn't resemble what it's replacing at all), the current FF4kster overwrites some crucial aspects of my command hacks making it unusable past a certain point. I know Chillyfeez gets around this by using a patch every time he wants to make a change in FF4kster but that just seems like far too much of a pain to me.
All I think I am missing from Project II at the moment is some extra tutorial text on running and the airship toggles as well as the rest of the item descriptions and if you can manage that without using FF4kster then that would be great. Though could you tell me what I changed the warp x and y to near the end of the Bomb Ring event in Project II? I can't actually recall.
Or is there more that I'm unaware of?
I actually just entirely redrew the Forest Where You Lose Kain map by hand to look like the original. I don't remember what you told me to change it to, since, if I remember right, your change didn't work for me. You were basing Combat Boost off of v1.03, right?
Umm, let's see. What did I do...
- I added back in the HandAxe and Assassin Dagger. (not sure if you want either of these)
- I rearranged Rosa's command list as "Fight, White, Aim, Pray, Item" and Yang's as "Fight, Focus, Brace, Kick, Item". (probably not applicable to you)
- Added an extra save point in the Lunar Core (On that little useless part that stuck out at the end)
- Break is now single-target with a delay time of 6 to make it less useful. I think I'd rather just make more foes immune to Break, but this helps a bit.
- And then there's the tutorial text. I had to shorten a lot of things in bank 2 to get this in... which makes me think that we might have a bit of trouble doing this.
Do you still have an copy of the version of Project II that you based Combat Boost off of? If you make a patch with that version of Project II with no other changes as the "unedited ROM" and Combat Boost's edits as the "new ROM", do you think maybe you could apply that to Project II v2.02?