Hi everybody! I'm stealing someone's work today, but believe me when I say it's worth whatever consequences.
You see, back in 2009, my acquaintence Artemis, also known as Artemis64, modded Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals' German and US English versions for three reasons: bug fixes, tidied up translation, and difficulty. When everything seemed settled in 2011, I spoke with him about uploading the patches to ROMHacking.net; while he agreed it would be a good idea, for some reason, he never got around to it. I know people have lives; I'm not selfish or greedy. But it's almost a crime to rob the world of his brilliant work on Lufia II.
So, I present to you...
Let me outline what's in this package. When you unzip the file and enter either the English or German folders, you'll immediately notice the Patches folder and the Projects folder. Let's begin with the Projects.
Under Projects, you find even more folders. Assorted, Frue Lufia, Kureji Lufia, and Spekkio Lufia. (Please note that anything that says it includes or was based off of Frue Lufia also includes all bug fixes from Relnqshd's Lufia II Fixxxer Deluxe.)Assorted:
• Danger Nose - This replaces Erim with a stronger boss called Danger Nose. I'm pretty sure that the graphics haven't been changed, but the key here lies in her new move set.
• The New Fierce Battle - I'm not sure if anyone's familiar with Relnqshd's work, but he was the primo de facto Lufia II head modder. In 2004, Reli released a patch called The Fierce Battle, which lets you fight five Red Jellies on Doom Island with the move sets of the Four Sinistrals and the Egg Dragon. This time, they've been slightly buffed and put at the 99th floor of the Ancient Cave.Frue Lufia:
The shining gem of the Lufia-Patches, in my opinion. It completely revitalizes the game's translation with removal of censorship and bowlderizations, fixing pretty much every single bug in the game, fixing typos, adding continuity with the Lufia trilogy, and adding clarity to some of the game's more vague phrases. It fruly is an impressive patch, and I'm not just saying that because I worked on it!Kureji Lufia:
A mod to make the entirety of the enemies much more challenging. People have reported just barely scraping by. There's a spicier patch called Kureji Lufia: Difficult Version, and another, even harder version called Kureji Lufia: The Fruly Hardcore Version. The documentation knows more about this than I do, so if you're looking for a challenge, you want to come here!Spekkio Lufia:
Taking its name from Chrono Trigger's Master of War, this is the same as Frue Lufia, but the final bosses have been beefed up, the Master of the Ancient Cave has been made infinitely more challenging, and best of all, the Egg Dragon acts like Spekkio in that his stats scale to the team's! Lastly, an extra boss named La Puella is available to fight in Parcelyte. An entertaining and quirky mod.
With that out of the way, let me introduce you to the numerous Patches section.Dialogues:
• All Super Beings' Worst Nightmare: Dialogue Patch - This is Frue Lufia without the bug fixes.
• Awake and Shriek; Trick - Simple patches to revert the items Waking Voice and Piercing Cry, and the spell Tweak, to their official translation standards.Glitches:
• Ancient Cave Exit Fixer: The guard at the exit of the Ancient Cave could once block your path when trying to exit. He can't anymore.
• Bomb in Alunze and Jessy in Parcelyte Fixer: The Bomb that Berty and Bart throw in Alunze now no longer appears to float in midair, and Jessy doesn't crash in on Tia and Dekar's conversation in Parcelyte.
• Bomb Puzzle Fixer: The game will no longer crash if you finish the bomb puzzle in Bound Kingdom's North Dungeon too quickly.
• Church Menu Fixer: Fixes a minor spillover issue in the church menu.
• Cleric Fixer: Reverts the cleric sprites to their Japanese counterparts.
• Dragon Egg Glitch Fixer: This makes it impossible for you to lose Dragon Eggs from a bug in the Ancient Cave.
• Ex Boomerang Fixer: This makes the Ex Boomer the same element as the Boomerang and Hi Boomer.
• Healing Fixer: Fixes up your healing abilities after using certain IP Skills, like Iron Barrier. Some IP Skills now take in to consideration that you can have more than 999 HP and MP.
• Healing Fixer 2: Fixes up more IP Skills so that healing is still potent if damage was multiplied or divided.
• Map Fixer: Fixes some bugs on certain maps. Not sure if it's actual bugs or if it was some graphical errors, or both. Either way, it was meant for a ROM that was expanded to 3 MB.
• Master Suicide Glitch Fixer: Fixes the issue where the Master's suicide counted as a victory.
• Monster and Monster Names Fixer: Fixes up various boneheaded errors in the many monsters' scripts, and updates enemy names.
• Octo-Strike Fixer: The eighth strike of Octo-Strike will now be the same element as the previous seven hits.
• Sealed Tower Names Fixer: This fixes up the map labels of the Sealed Towers. There are two patches, one for if you've used Relnqshd's Fixxxer Deluxe and one for if you haven't.
• Spell Shop Fixer: Fixes an obscure bugs that used to make spells cost way too much if your last attempted bargain in a shop was worth more than 65,535 gold.
• Tower Escape Fixer: Prevents Maxim from escaping from the Ancient Tower after Gades is defeated.
• Warp Menu Fixer: Fixes up town names on the menu for the Warp spell.
• Warp Menu Fixer and Retranslation: Same as above, but changes Bound Kingdom to Boundary Kingdom, changes the "PLACE WHERE YOU MOVE TO" headline to something more sensible, and removes the all caps in the town names.
• White Dragon Fixer: White Dragons in the Tower of Truth and Gratze's dungeon will have their correct overworld sprite.
All of the above bug fixes are included in Frue Lufia and any projects that incorporate Frue Lufia.Miscellaneous:
• Capsule Monster Names Without Capital Letters: Tiny little patch that puts the default names of Capsule Monsters in proper case.
• Ear Pick and IP Moves: Grants access to the Ear Pick and some IP Skills that you couldn't use before.
• Iris Items: Raises the probability of finding Iris Treasures in the Ancient Cave.
• Retry and Gift: Gives you Retry Mode and Gift Mode from the very first time you load up the game.
• Spekkio Dragon and Seduction Master: Included in the Spekkio Lufia patch, this allows you to fight the stronger versions of the Master, Sinistrals, and the Spekkio-modeled Egg Dragon with no additional changes.
• Sweet La Puella: This adds a spider pet for the princess of Parcelyte who likes to fight for fun. It can't be used with Kureji Lufia.
While I can't give you any technical support for these as I didn't make the projects, please enjoy this amazing work. Artemis deserves all the praise he will get for this!
Edit - Updated link.