Since I'm in a homeless shelterThat's tough, been there myself. Hope things pick up for you soon.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Strategy RPGs are also one of my favourite genres...also other turn based stuff...Same as me, cool. Aubirdforce looks quite nice. Did you play it enough to know if the gameplay is solid?
Are you gonna be picking and working on a new PSX game project? Are there any selections that you'd be keen to tackle? Or to keep it close to your guard?In general, I enjoy doing turn based strategy games or anything with a good story. I was considering Font Mission 2. There was already a translation for it, but they didn't finish inserting the script and I've had a couple minor worries about the translation. Not sure if a new project is worth the effort since it's already mostly done. Other titles I'm considering are Hungry Ghosts (PS2) and Growlanser (PSP)
There's an insane number of untranslated PSX titles, most likely easily 1000+.I'm amazed there hasn't been more work on translating Playstation games considering how many titles were Japan-only. I'll bet there are also several games like Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere which had stripped down pathetic official releases and need a proper translation.
Only if you take the stance that every game every made is decent...I have noticed that simple titles with 'little interest' are often extremely easy to translate. I don't endorse translating games just 'because they exist', but from a translators point of view, sometimes it's fun to tackle a simple project as diversion. It's almost like doing a crossword puzzle.
Viewing the translation request list has become a waste of timeI think this is somewhat an issue with the wiki format in general. 'Too many cooks spoil the broth.' They tend to get people with different motives pulling in opposite directions. You end up with a mismatched hodgepodge of information that doesn't really suit anyone's need especially well.
I'm impressed so far, the presentation and translation quality are all top-notch!Thank you for this compliment. I've rarely gotten feedback on my scripts. If I only have my 'own thoughts' to rely on for quality control, it's hard to find areas where I need to improve.
The best method I've found is with ISObuster.I don't know if you missed this post earlier. I've had to do this quite often to convert my games dumped by redump's 'perfect' split method into a single image. When you mount an image in a virtual drive, it adds an extra layer of potential 'corruption'. I don't mean it makes a non-functioning image, but I have had virtual drives strip the pregaps off audio tracks, thus resizing the image which might affect the patching process. The method I mention will make an exact, concatenated version of the original pieces.
1) Open the cue for the split in ISObuster
2) Right-click on 'CD' (in upper left window) and select 'Extract CD <Image>' > 'raw bin/iso'
3) Right Click on 'CD' again and select 'Create CUE sheet File' > 'Image contains M1...M1...Audio'
4) Make sure the file created in step 2 has '.bin' file extension.
5) Open the generated CUE and make sure the top line references the correct file name.
ie 'FILE "[game.bin]" BINARY'
Nah, they are an actual artistic choice to make a pastel palette.Could be; have you actually heard the artist comment as such? If it was on purpose, I think it was a poorly executed. Pastel colors are nice, but the images seem to have their contrast uniformly lowered. Even the pupils and sunlight gleaming on her shoulders are moved toward grey.
It currently only supports SHIFT-JIS/ASCII games that use a '00' end-byte. It would be quite easy to add support for table files and other end-bytes, I just haven't bothered yet because I haven't needed it.If you have some programming skills, you could do it yourself. There is a point in the source code where the text is read byte by byte before it is dumped to the ASM. It would be an easy place to add a conversion based on a table file. As far as adding support for end-bytes other than 00, all it would take is changing the 'constant' of 00 to a variable and adding user-input to set that variable.