DOWNLOAD Patch - Playable Beta2: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UId-DMa4zhEHOxx2Ty8E35FQ8Jk3iCt6
[DOWNLOAD is .ups patch for Legends.img "SLUS_006.03", other forms available upon request]
I am making a Megaman Legends Remix. I hope the work may oneday turn into a randomizer, and I do want to include various features beside just item location move/shuffle.
Megaman Legends 1 Remix (Playable Patch)
- I actually started with "lowering starting value for morality in newgame", you're closer to turning "dark megaman" at the gamestart.
- I have shuffled the script the chests/npcs call on to grant items. Very rudimentary for now but it does in fact replace the given item and the bugs aren't yet apparent.
- Game's first SpecWep, is treated as a "key item". If gotten later, will not give weapon. Whatever is given in it's place, still gives original weapon. SOLUTION: No "physical" item is rewarded by junkstore (is now "implied" gotten and used by Roll), and Roll now provides weapon (speech removed and text changed)
- Buster Parts have been rebalanced to favor +Atk less, as well as reduce max-statting (min-maxing stats) significantly in endgame.
- Some special weapons require slightly adjusted and different items to develop now.
- Wiring the "Difficulty" at Main Menu, to "always be present" rather than "after game completion".
->Saves will not allow some changes between vanilla and different mod-versions. Specifically, busterpart changes and supportcar changes, as those are always-loaded and a save injects what was already-loaded.
->SpecWeps requiring changed items to develop, do not list them correctly after creation.
->Some text is otherwise bugged.
->Junkstore reward is hacky, but should work and progress without fatal error
As far as I know, changed chests were for sure changed, but in the event they weren't, this is what SHOULD have been changed:
PenLight > Zenny
"Missile Cycler" > Marlwolf Shell > JunkstoreBox
Cannon Kit > Boatstore Box > Old Launcher > Cannon Kit...
PoweredBuster = CannonKit + ArmSupporter
SpreadBuster = OldLauncher + AncientBook
ActiveBuster = GuidanceUnit + MissileCycler
Marlwolf Shell =>= "Barrier Generator"
As the first step, i'll be hand-placing items at new locations and listing possible additional features.
Planned So Far:
- Idea: Wiring original japanese soundtracks back in (they are present on english roms, unhooked)
- Idea: Adding original japanese version's option of kicking paprika rather than shooing (so far I tried and failed to do this so...)
- Idea: A randomizer to shuffle the pool of items between all available locations for endless playthroughs.
- Idea: Find how to move/change enemy spawns (including mimics, cloaked-skirks, ect).
- Idea: Make a dense-fog version of the patch (especially fun in OldCity and LakeJynn)
- Idea: Adding a version with harder difficulty, such as faster enemy projectiles, faster enemy rate of fire, more shots per attack by enemies, higher health for enemies, possibly adding copies of bosses in the same room together, removing player's hit-invincibility, ect.
- Idea: Optional "difficulty choice" to reduce starting buster slots, from 2 to 1. (one less buster slot than normal, at any given time)
- Idea: No promises, but there are unused "normal items". New consumables, or components for something?
Megaman Legends 2 Remix (Planning Stage)
- Planning most of same changes as in MML1 Remix
- No roadblock of keyitem specweps, all are developed and can be shuffled same way
- No plot-breaking weapons like drill-walls or such, so all weapons can be shuffled into same pool
- Specifically pertaining to the MML2 Pokte Village Trivia, instead of whatever insane shit they stuffed into the english version's trivia about history and math and bugs and stuff, we need a hundred question trivia based on the MEGAMAN SERIES! Classic, X, behind-the-scenes development, ect.
Open to any feedback, ideas, or advice, from the community, both RomHacker and LegendsFan alike. Would liked to have gotten a working playable version with at least the base-features done by the 20th Legends Anniversary (Dec.19), but as of this new year, Jan4th, I now have a playable version of my work-in-progress, with any luck completely playable and no gamebreaking bugs! (just broken text)
Special thanks to the LegendsStation for RamHack documentation specifically for Legends, and to RomHacking.net community for all the general PS1 documentation that helped me get here! , so that I can furnish the Legends fandom with some much needed expansion content since the cancellation of MML3