My true expertise on ROM hacking lies with the third generation Pokémon games. I decided to use this expertise to expand and improve on the Sevii Islands content in Fire Red. While I loved these islands as a kid, I now realise they feel kind of lacking in substance. Some dungeons reward you with barely anything, others are just a single room that would be used for events (which never happened). I want to hear ideas on how the Sevii Islands could be made more 'complete' or expanded.
Right now I got:
- The three roaming Legendary Beasts (which normally you can only catch one of) are no longer roaming, Instead, they appear in various Sevii island dungeons I felt lacked a reward. They usually appear at the end of an already existing dungeon (Suicune appears in a small cavern at the end of Icefall Cave), but I'd like to hear if it's better to make entire sections specifically for these Legends.
- Weather effects have been added to various Routes on the Sevii Islands.
- Gym Leaders can be rematched in the old woman's house on Seven Island (the one with the crates yes). They will, like the E4 rematches in this game, have teams containing Pokémon from Johto, but not Hoenn.
- Two event Pokémon will be added, Celebi and Jirachi (Mew already is in Emerald). The items you will need to activate their events will be located on the event islands of Ho-Oh/Lugia (Navel Rock) and Deoxys (Birth Island). This means you will still need to use a save editor, or a cheat code to obtain the event items for these two islands. I wanna keep it this way for the sake of consistency with the official games. I want this game to feel as official as possible.
- Gym Leaders can be rematched in the old woman's house on Seven Island (the one with the crates yes).