First of all, I know is a prehistoric topic, but just recovered it to tell all people that helped me in some way, that the "job" has been done!!!! And 1 year before 2020, when Super Monaco GP (Sega Genesis - Mega Drive) will complete 30 years!!!
I have quoted all guys that have posted here
To Pyron, Stef, sics (that have helped me with a Gens version that save the palette to YY-CHR)
Only to say, thank you very much!!!
At first when I opened this topic , I was a really newbie with hexadecimal, palettes and graphic tiles. I have did the real color changes on the game, after this, I have found the yellow letters and all text. But as you can see in this old topic, my goal will be only completed with the driver's pic changed... Discovered with FlashPV that the compression was Nemesis, found all offsets with valuable tool. Suceeded to open drivers images on Tile Editor (Tile Molester or TLP) but, still didn't know how to work with palettes....lol... and when tried to paste a image over driver's imagem, it get messed or a black screen crashed the game.
But..with a special help from Spain, the other guy Super Monaco fanatic, T.A. Marcoshttps://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=76633
I was with all the tools needed to do the job, but i hadn't the idea to change, so as I see his passion to understand my hacks , I have provided him a real Sega MD Studio to try and create.
So talented, a Hex master, and a genius, T.A. Marcos drawed new pics for the driver's, my error before was trying to put a pic above other,without respect the game patterns. He do this tile per tile!!!!
See for yourself on the hack belowhttps://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4499/
And some pics are better than Sega did !!!OMG
After this, we discovered together a lot of things, I will try to put below:
- Extend the names with pointers
- Change team positions
- Change driver/team
- Change daytime or weather with color correction
- Change 2nd Arcade race to Night Race (on screen)
- Change team to begin championship
- Change tracks order
- Change background (we can put track 2 + background 16 - e.g.Tunnels where don't have it)
- Change arcade mode, with championship tracks for example, or even put Arcade tracks on championship...lol
- Change music order
- Change voice order
About voice, that horrible , "Donald Duck style" voice, T.A. Marcos has fixed the pitch , so it gets lower , but without noise. This after another marble I´ve found on internet with tons of games and their music offsets...
- Change programming of results (yes, the results was programmed to some car ending in 1st to 6th)
- Change first driver name YOU to whatever we Want!
- Change story of the game (the script)
- About a week , after I've learned finally how to use Palettes...lol, I changed all Ads (Signboards) of the track with real ones.
We are 90% of the game done! But we want more!
- Put our, or some other voices on the game (change)
- Some new music too
- Find how to design new tracks
And we are preparing a new Super Monaco GP 3 with new history, characters, tracks and a lot more...
Thank you again,