So anyone who knows how GBA palettes work and help me finalize this troublesome palette?
So I could mod the year and have its anti-piracy flag disabled.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
1 - I thought it would be the kidd type of alex. Somewhat disappointed.
2 - Out of curiosity, what emulator is shown on the screenshots?
3 - Why did you change the palette to blue? I take it the blue heart is a side effect of the heart sharing the same palette as something that you wanted to change the color from red to blue, but what is that thing?
Yeah the two shades of blue makes it harder to spot the difference. Yellow/Red/Blue all have very high contrast so there's no mistaking them. But Blue/light-blue? ehhhh
Other than that I like the graphical changes. Alex is cute.
Could this editor fix this issue according to The Cutting Rom Floor?Haha, that's also one thing that I patched using this cool editor!
https://tcrf.net/Wario_Land_II#Coins - says in the Hold on to the Owl level there's unbreakable wall blocks containing four 10 coins that cannot be collected. if so I would love to use this editor and create a special fix to make it accessible!
I was bored so I decided to take 10 minutes to look at the game.
Shortly after startup, the game does a checksum of everything between $B900-BDFF and will set a flag if the checksum fails. In game, if the flag is set, it'll intentionally crash.
Easiest fix: remove the checksum code so it never sets the flag.
Change offset 0x11FD from B1 to 60
This will make the checksum routine exit just after initializing the flag to zero.
I don't remember exactly what the solution is, but I do know Dr. Mario has some kind of anti-hacking code that intentionally freezes the games if the title screen is changed in certain ways.
Why don't you hack over the Dr. Luigi ROM?
All you gotta do is this:
Open the ROM in any Tile editor, I used Tile Layer Pro (TLP).
You'll see the following image:Spoiler:
Where you se the two 5s is where the original number 9 was.
Replace the two 9s with those 5s I showed you in the image.
After that, open the ROM in a HEX Editor and search for the following string:
0C FF 01 03 03 00 <---- ONLY the first result!
Change it to:
0C FF 02 00 01 03
That should change the year to 2015 in the title screen and you should be able to enter to the game without any issues.
Then simply continue with the Dr. Alex title and then the Dr. Mario sprite, and you're good to go.
For the "Nintendo" word to "Alexander", simply change the Nintendo letters to match that of Alexander, but do not use any more tiles than what the original NINTENDO word has, which is 6, to avoid any corruption.
I recommend you to please AVOID using any kind of export/import feature, no matter what.
That tends to have odd results. No matter how friendly Photoshop or any other image editor is, DO NOT use any of those or you might end up with a screwed hack.
All you need is one tile editor and FCEUX, nothing more.
EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw what you meant.
The game freezes as soon as a pill hits a virus.
Just keep the year intact.