Another update ready. As before, this is an x86 debug build. Everything should be in place and running smoothly. I'd like to give it a spin in the real world before I put the "1.0" stamp on it, and give anyone interested a chance to point out issues or suggest minor tweaks and changes.
Changes since last update:
• Important items highlighted in details
• Databases are now external and configurable
• Added many systems
• "Hashing" animation for long-running processing (press escape to cancel)
• Multithreading for extra speediness with large files
• Unneeded hashes can be skipped for extra speediness (SHA256 is SLOW for large files)
-"Unneeded" hashes are currently baked in. In theory this could be configurable of inferred from DBs.
-Unneeded hashes are skipped by default
• Added Copy/Copy All menu items to details on bottom
• Added dialog to let user select platform
-Used if platform can't be detected
-Added 'Open As' menu items to let user manually select platform (e.g. in case hasher auto-selects wrong platform)
• Support for additional databases
-Currently only supports ClrMamePro format
-For platforms not built-in, supports file hashes only (e.g. TOSEC)
• Added documentation on how systems are detected, what constitutes a "ROM hash", and the criteria for added databases.
There are a couple of lingering problems that may not be resolved for 1.0
• Chokes on huge files. For me, this only happened on files of ~ 500 MB and did not happen on x64 builds, but the threshold would presumably be lower on systems with less RAM. Fixing this would involve updating any code that accesses ROM data to stream from disk.
• Other than SMD and byte-swapped N64 ROMs, does not detect or account for interleaved ROMS. I don't know how much of an issue interleaved ROMs are. (I know I don't have any.) This can be addressed if it's necessary.
• Disc based systems are not addressed at all. If someone points me in the right direction and it can be done with a reasonable amount of effort, this could be addressed.http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12027218/Rom%20Hasher%201.0%20RC1%20Debug.zip