Personal Projects / Re: Un-Worked Designs: Working Designs minus bullshit difficulty (Latest: Lunar 2)« on: Today at 01:51:39 pm »
I'm going to preface this by saying:
1. YES, I AM applying this to Lunar: Eternal Blue for SEGA CD. NOT Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete for PS1. I AM applying it to the Sega CD original. NOT the remake.
2. I am applying it to an original, unmodified Lunar: Eternal Blue ISO.
Having said that, I'm a little confused about the patching process. Here's what I did.
1. Obtained my new, unmodified Lunar: Eternal Blue ISO.
2. Converted it from BIN/CUE to ISO/two WAVs.
3. Checked the MD5 hash in HxD. It's 1fab8a8b2d83627ba0c6591e02b451ce, so it matches.
4. Tried to apply Ms. Tea's new XDELTA patch to my ISO using XDELTA UI, and came up with an error: "xdelta3: unknown secondary compressor ID: XD3_INVALID_INPUT"
Does anyone know what could possibly be going wrong?
Thank you for your time.
Edit 1 - I also get this while trying to patch the unconverted BIN from a BIN/CUE set.
Edit 2 - According to some cursory research, my problem is that I'm not using the exact same dump Ms. Tea used. But the strange thing is that that means this new patch is incompatible with the one Supper initially used.