logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

78524307 visitors

Author Topic: Translations: Dynamic-Designs Releases Mystic Ark!  (Read 19569 times)

Kronus_Arm

• Act like a baddass, whine like a sissy.
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: Dynamic-Designs Releases Mystic Ark!
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2009, 05:00:45 pm »
This weekend has been like the Superbowl of Romhacking and NDS releases.  So much stuff to play. XD

juef

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2009, 12:16:19 am »
In case you're using cheats, make sure to disable them for any kind of code input or puzzle;
these can create potential loops in the game in these sorts of instances.

Removed the cheats, and now things are going just fine! Thank you very much! I never thought experience-gaining cheats would actually alter the game this way!

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2009, 12:36:07 am »
Don't mention it, glad to have been of assistance.
Have fun now ^.^

Gil Galad

• View Profile
    • Homepage of Gil Galad
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2009, 09:42:50 pm »
Now, I'm having the same problem as juef was having. That is, I got the code from Einstein, but can't enter the mansion. I've talked to everyone and done things right so far, best to my knowledge. I'm stuck there currently.
Homepage of Gil Galad || New Forum

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ”

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2009, 10:10:20 pm »
Well... Since you are only the second person I know of who has had this problem.. And judging from why the last guy had this problem..  Do you have cheats enabled?

Gil Galad

• View Profile
    • Homepage of Gil Galad
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2009, 10:35:17 pm »
I have unlimited gold and silver cheats. I usually only enable when I'm buying at the shops or at the Arena.

“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ”

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2009, 10:54:35 pm »
Hmm.. Right now, I would ask you to go save your game at the inn, reload the rom (don't load a zst) with the cheats off, and see if that makes any difference.  Are you sure you are entering the right code?  If not, go over to gamefaqs ( I went for you... 2689) to get the number again.  Hopefully, this will help you out!  Countless other people have played through this point without issue, so I'm pretty sure it's cheat related.   Good luck!

Gil Galad

• View Profile
    • Homepage of Gil Galad
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2009, 11:16:40 pm »
Ok, I just reloaded the ROM, without the cheat file loaded and it works now. Interesting, since I had the cheats toggled off while going through that area.

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2009, 11:27:16 pm »
Ok, I just reloaded the ROM, without the cheat file loaded and it works now. Interesting, since I had the cheats toggled off while going through that area.

The trick is, if you have the cheats loaded when you access the puzzle (or any puzzle, really) it won't work. You have to fully back out of the puzzle, then toggle the cheats off, and restart the puzzle.

Otherwise, it won't work.

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Hamlet

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2009, 07:16:22 am »
Hey D-D guys! Thank You so much for the patch!
I finished the game a few hours ago. Had no problems playing it on Snesgt 0.218.
Nice one on the final dialogue of “Darkness”. ;)
The only glitch-like things I encountered were probably things that also happened in the original version:
1. When I put the “Jackal” enemy to sleep, next to the unmoving sprite floated a small part of  its tail from a different sprite frame.
2. In the battle arena sometimes the attacks became invisible, one could hear that some monster attacked but could not discern which one. And after said attack the targeted monster displayed a full loss on the HP bar, while the number showed only a damage of  “2”. Nonetheless the targeted monster continued to fight. So I think it is just a display issue.
Besides that I only noticed 3 typoes! Congrats on that! I played games that were V1.0 and had much more and even official games with more.
You did a great job and thanks for making me able to play this!
Oh and one last thing. Man, what a disappointing ending! It's like: “Wow, and that's it?!” I recommend that after getting each Ark you visit (all or at least some of) the people of each world and speak to them. This will give you a more “you-have-accomplished-something-endish-feeling”.
So thanks again, keep up the fantastic work!

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2009, 10:09:51 pm »
We are happy that you found our work satisfying; it was defintely laborious to give this fine game the notoriety it always deserved and that Enix's
localization teams failed to give it back in the day.
As for the ending, I'd recommend you give this section of D-D's site a read,
it could provide you with a new perspective.

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/mysticark.shtml

Hamlet

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2009, 06:11:03 am »
Did! ;) Great to see someone's detailed thoughts on that, it was a really interesting read! We need more of such written approaches to games!
Still, I will stick with my formerly mentioned statement. I too understood this game allegorically and that also because of the ending. OK I will put the rest into spoiler tags.

Spoiler:

For me the ending reveals that we have been on a prenatal adventure and the ending is the beginning with the birth of the hero into our modern day world (that's how I interpret the car honks). The idea is brilliant, but for me it lacks the proper realisation. The worlds should have been created much more accordingly to human needs, thoughts etc. The world were you are alone and trapped did a great job on that. Others at least hinted at that, like the fairy tale-world or the artist/technology-world, but they failed (just my personal opinion) to penetrate these matters deep enough. And then we have too many random things. Why cats in the first world? Yeah, I know, we are in a fantasy RPG so: Why the hell not cats? But still, for me this is too random. Making the cats inhabitants of another world and make the senseless war-world be occupied by humans would have been much more impactful. Bot no, the world is called “cat-world” and not “senseless war-world”. As already said, the idea of this game is great but it does not fit together for me. I did not expect it to be like an “A Portrait of the Hero as a Prenatal Consciousness” but the realisation is not deep enough for me. And another scene from the ending just really made me feel like the game creators didn't even think what they were doing. Lux's ending! I know that the hero's companions are randomly interchangeable and have no real purpose except for the hero to have fighting companions and that therefore already their concept allows almost no character development. But still, look at Lux's ending. Five mechanical being appear, who look exactly like him and what does he do? Has he become an individual after this long journey? Is he following the main principle about individuality of the game? No, he just falls into line. Have the game creators even realised what they did with that little scene? Why not let him walk with them, then stop, and go off the other way alone? (And why not let one of the human characters fall into line like Lux did? That would have been interesting!)

So in retrospect for me just having a good idea is not enough if the realisation is sloppy. Now do not get me wrong. I like this game, but as a game, not as an allegorical/metaphorical statement or something of the likes. I know that little games reach such levels of philosophical inquiry as for example Chrono Cross did, but – to name another SNES-title from Enix – Mytsic Ark is also not on the level of Terranigma when it comes to that.
Well these are just my thoughts, I 'd be really interested in hearing other people's opinions on that!

Bongo`

• Hatred is an illness...I feel your pain.
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2009, 08:26:09 am »
  I just wanted to let you guys know that pending Our in house beta and the debug menus being completed by WildBill and myself. I have to do a few ASM thingies. I plan on adding access to the debugger though the game like an easter egg. The copier fix is pretty much done but no new patch yet because we wanted to make sure that the debug menus were also completed, little grammar fixes done and so on.   :beer:
R.I.P Rose Mary C. 11/20/1937 - 2/11/2007
Dynamic-Designs Over 30 years of video game experience!
Completed: Doraemon RPG, Fuzzical Fighter, Gulliver Boy, Just Breed, FEDA, Mystic Ark, Slayers ( Co-op ), Lennus-II
Current: Aretha-2 and many more...

Kronus_Arm

• Act like a baddass, whine like a sissy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2009, 11:09:33 pm »
We will surely be expecting for the fix patch, would you also add your own easter eggs in-game too?

Hahaha!!!

:)

heratio

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2009, 01:38:12 am »
I just finished the game, thanks to all of those involved, I enjoyed the game a lot and I am very happy to see that Dynamic Designs have taken on Burning Heroes too. 

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2009, 07:24:31 pm »
Today we at D-D released Mystic Ark v 1.1.
We are pleased to announce it works universally
both on copiers and emulators, including those with accurate coding in mind.
For this reason we are recommending BSNES for this release, although
one is free to use any of the other excelent SNES emulators avaliable to play our release.
Please consider this fine piece our christmas gift for the community and expect more great things from D-D in the future.

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/index.shtml