logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

84247370 visitors

Author Topic: Translations: FEDA Finally Reaches Completion!  (Read 3987 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: FEDA Finally Reaches Completion!
« on: May 12, 2009, 05:26:16 am »

Update By: Draken

Magic Destiny and Stealth Translations have done it again! This time they bring you a complete version of FEDA: The Emblem of Justice. The script has been totally reworked, and numerous bugs have been stomped out!

Months and months were spent editing the script to get the proper tone and feel down right. WildBill, having spent time in service, delved back into his past to bring a very realistic dialog to the game. Bongo’ continued to deliver killer tools to complete this project and worked long hard hours to get the coding put in place.

If you enjoyed (or even hated) playing the original Stealth Translations release, then you will be totally blown away by how much better the dialog and story are. The original release contained many inconsistencies and vague scenarios that have tweaked for better comprehension.

We hope you enjoy the game! Be sure to give a big hand to the man himself, Bongo’, for pushing us hard to get this gem of a game out to the public.

RHDN FEDA: The Emblem of Justice Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.magic-destiny.com/)

snesmaster40

• View Profile
Re: Translations: FEDA Finally Reaches Completion!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 07:31:51 pm »
This is a freaking awesome game. I highly recommend those that love SRPGs to play this.
Are we not men?

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 10:13:48 pm »
Hehe.

In related news, an updated patch for FEDA was just released. ;)

Recca

• Let's have some happier endings for a change...
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 11:59:07 pm »
This game is indeed very sweet! I'm a fan of Shining Force I and II so this game is right up my alley. Another fine release once again!  :thumbsup:

There's one thing I don't get though. Why are a lot of people on youtube saying that this game has terrible music?  :huh:
It's not the best that I've heard in a game, but I still think that it's rather nice. I like it.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

BRPXQZME

• everything sucks forever
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 12:17:48 am »
YouTube is part of this so-called “Web 2.0” phenomenon. Not too many experts are all that clear about what “Web 2.0” means, but I have a pretty good concept:

Web 2.0 is a group of technologies that allow idiots to spread their stupidity onto the Internet at over 9000 times the volume possible without it.

Seriously. Reading YouTube comments will make you dumb. Just enjoy the vids and never scroll down.
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 12:27:13 am »
YouTube is part of this so-called “Web 2.0” phenomenon. Not too many experts are all that clear about what “Web 2.0” means, but I have a pretty good concept:

Web 2.0 is a group of technologies that allow idiots to spread their stupidity onto the Internet at over 9000 times the volume possible without it.

Epicocity rating of way over 9000

Instantly archiving this comment for future reference on the nuances of Web 2.0.  :thumbsup:

Edit: Also it is common knowledge that I think FEDA is badass beyond belief; I just feel I should say it again for anyone unware. This game ROCKS. You guys did an awesome job getting this thing finished, and it just generally makes me happy to see this project finally come to completion. Which means you should all feel better than me.

Stealth and Magic Destiny both have my thanks, and special thanks to Bongo' for even making me realize this game existed oh so long ago.

Added White Surg Platoon to the request list.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 12:33:22 am by Next gen Cowboy »
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 11:46:37 am »
Hehe.

In related news, an updated patch for FEDA was just released. ;)

Update the entry please so it's current.
TransCorp - Over 15 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Herakles IV SFC/SNES Translations

FallenAngel2387

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 12:25:26 pm »
This is a freaking awesome game. I highly recommend those that love SRPGs to play this.

Heh, I'm not really a fan of the genre, but, despite trying to be lawful for the first half the game, I found this to be quite fun.

noneother

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 02:03:20 pm »
Yah, FEDA is seriously awesome. I keep trying to get people to play it, but I only have, like, 2 gamer friends in real life, and the one who likes RPGs has ADD, so...

Shining Force fans have no excuse, though. I thought it was better than any SF I've played.

Hamlet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 08:58:08 am »
Hi guys, sorry to revive this old topic, but I came across something that might be an error in the information the readme contains and if it really is not jut my strange computer, then maybe you'd like to know.
I will quote from the readme:
“Before applying the patch released in this archive, ensure that ROM image DOES NOT contain a HEADER.  If you are not sure if a header is present in the ROM, download a program called SNEStool from www.romhacking.net/ and attempt to remove it.  A non-header Feda ROM should consist of 2.50 MB (2,621,952 bytes in Size under Properties).”
So the ROM image I used was 2,621,440 bytes and I attempted to remove the header, got a file that had the exact same size as before and patching did not work properly. So instead I tried to add a header, I got a file with the size that is mentioned in the readme and the patching was a full success.
Is it just me and my strange computer?

Oh and last but definitely not least. Thank You so much for the patch!!! ;)

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 11:31:34 am »
We appreciate your attentiveness to the project.
The read me issue was already reported and brought to our attention; also expect a revised version of the patch soon, and check back at Dynamic Designs for more exciting news on our current projects.

Kronus_Arm

• Act like a baddass, whine like a sissy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 07:01:38 pm »
Same happened with me, but I quickly got the work around, I just want to thank the people who made this patch, I will be expecting news about your other projects soon.

:)

Spinner 8

• Pink Pretty Princess
    • View Profile
    • Suprise!
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 10:19:09 pm »
We appreciate your attentiveness to the project.
The read me issue was already reported and brought to our attention; also expect a revised version of the patch soon, and check back at Dynamic Designs for more exciting news on our current projects.

Aren't you cute! You're like an automated response email.

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 11:46:08 pm »
Yes, but with thousands more charm points, ask my girlfriend.
Hah!