logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 367030 times)

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #2820 on: May 25, 2016, 07:03:04 am »
This is something I've wanted to see (er, hear) for over a decade.

LoZ Ocarina of Time (N64): Replace the Hyrule Field music with the Termina Field music from Majora's Mask.

Now, I know that wouldn't be particularly easy to do, but it's always bugged me that the N64 Zelda game with the famous overworld track heard in most of the series' games.... is heard in the N64 game that doesn't take place in Hyrule at all.  :(

I like that idea, someone should make switcheroo hacks where Ocarina of Time has the Termina Field music track for Hyrule Field and Majora's Mask has the Hyrule Field music track for Termina Field and it also gives the Skull Kid his Ocarina of Time textures as well:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/zelda/images/5/53/Skull_Kid_%28Ocarina_of_Time%29.png/revision/latest?cb=20110514153942
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 11:40:53 am by SCD »

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: May 25, 2016, 08:08:35 am »
I agree! That would be cool and since I never completed Ocarina of Time that would give me an excuse to go back and do so.
That also makes me wonder if the same thing could be done with the 3DS remakes, too.

SleepyFist

• LVL 1 Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: May 25, 2016, 12:25:25 pm »
I agree! That would be cool and since I never completed Ocarina of Time that would give me an excuse to go back and do so.
That also makes me wonder if the same thing could be done with the 3DS remakes, too.
Along the same lines, If someone does a MM3DS hack some changes that I would like to see are
Goron roll mode changed back to a button hold instead of a toggle
Zora swimming reverted back to original (maybe, I'm on the fence about that though)
change bosses back to N64 style, giant eyeball weak points are dumb.

Also both versions need the Majora fight spiced up somehow, would like to fight Dragon Form Majora from the manga if the Fierce Diety mask has been earned(Unfeasible maybe, but still would kick ass).
Sleepy's Tune of the week!
https://www.vagalume.com.br/the-beatles/here-comes-the-sun.html
The Beatles - Here Comes the Sun

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: May 25, 2016, 10:26:48 pm »
One thing I'd like to see, but I'm probably not going to be able to do (though DS game hacking is getting better, it's definitely not something I'm good at) would be a Platinum Sinnoh Dex Edition.  Basically what this would entail would be:

-Bring up the missing wild Sinnoh Pokemon in Platinum, and fix Spiritomb for emulation (since one can Pal Park with any good DS emulator on PC or mobile rather easily and similar projects exist on the GBA games, National Dex isn't a huge problem for Platinum outside of it's own region.  Concerning flashcarts, I think they can still Pal Park?  Not sure about that.)
-Trade evolution fixing (easily done honestly, you can rig this in Universal Randomizer without randomizing anything.)
-Event items picked up/given and flags set at the time of obtaining them (The hard part, for me anyway.  This would probably be all legendaries including Azure Flute and those Platinum-only Regis/Rotom formes.)
-Selling of items required for evolution, unobtainable berries, and TMs not obtainable again (Battle Frontier-centric)

I doubt any big sprite replacements or bugfixes would need to be required, as IDK if any fixes were found yet anyway.  I guess a nice bonus thing to see would be uncensoring of swimmers or full decap (if that's even possible at this point; Gen IV handled capitalization a lot better than previously done anyway).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 03:42:11 pm by Chronosplit »

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: May 25, 2016, 11:06:08 pm »
You heard of the DQ7-3DS fan translation that got a C&D for copy-pasting the PS1 script?
I'm just saying it has happened before.

I bet using that script would have been inaccurate considering this was a remake. I'm sure some of the dialogue has been changed.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: May 25, 2016, 11:08:55 pm »
I bet using that script would have been inaccurate considering this was a remake. I'm sure some of the dialogue has been changed.
IIRC they were going to translate the added content by hand.  Still wouldn't have been the best of ideas though, considering DQVII's original translation wasn't the best in the world.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: May 25, 2016, 11:21:29 pm »
IIRC they were going to translate the added content by hand.  Still wouldn't have been the best of ideas though, considering DQVII's original translation wasn't the best in the world.

Heck, I'm still not sold on this remake. I still think the PS1 version is superior in some ways, and also I hate the way they been pansifying Dragon Quest lately with these cutsy 3D graphics that I feel betrayed the original art ideal. I know Toriyama is letting some successor handle his art now, but this apprentice seems to have a fetish for making the characters skinny as sticks.

The exception being DQ8, and a few other 3D-DQ games.

I really like the direction they took with Dragon Quest Heroes, but they obviously aimed that Demographic to the people who grew up with the series since it kept much of the original atmosphere, attitudes, etc.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: May 26, 2016, 10:33:07 am »
If I recall, a S-E rep said that the PS1 script would not have passed these days. Maybe S-E was that concerned about people not mistaking for a localization of S-E's current DQ localization standards.
Sir Howard Stringer, chief executive of Sony, on Christmas sales of the PS3:
"It's a little fortuitous that the Wii is running out of hardware."

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: May 26, 2016, 11:21:29 am »
Well, if you post on here that you started the project, I'll definitely be first in line to nag you and see if there's anything I can do to help.
Just need to find a copy of the manual so I can start translating that...

I know a site that does have the Raw pages of the Sailor Moon Another Story booklet: It's in Miss Dream's site here: https://missdream.org/raw-sailor-moon-downloads/sailor-moon-video-game-guides/sailor-moon-another-story-guide/ . Hope that helps.