logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

77927773 visitors

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 151348 times)

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #1340 on: July 13, 2014, 01:45:39 am »
In return of dumb ideas: Make Charged Beam/Difussion Missiles in Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission pull in Small X Parasites or refills (Energy and Ammo), like in Prime

You should take a look at this Super Metroid hack in the works :) Neat things are happening!

http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,3054.0.html

FAST6191

• View Profile
Re: Super Mario 64 Hack: Choose between Luigi or Mario.
« Reply #1341 on: July 13, 2014, 03:24:44 am »
If you will take a button combo at the main menu for activation, a NES style palette/texture swap and maybe a model tweak (such a thing might change the hitbox and that might possibly run counter to your desire to have the vanilla game otherwise) then a lot of that could be done with some fairly basic cheats even, sounds, assuming you do not want injected sounds (maybe a slight pitch shift) could be doable in much the same way but I do not know the N64 sound setup that well so I am not sure how easy that might be.

Doing it where you have full selections at the menu, different behaviours and somewhat different characters would be a fairly involved hack but something like I described above would probably not be too challenging.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: July 15, 2014, 03:30:50 pm »
Once again, I'm tossing the idea of a "DoS katana in AoS". It seems to be relatively simple, as one variable in weapon info determines how it is swung (00 for Knife (fast jab), 01 for Axe (overhead swing), 02 for Spear (slow jab), 03 for Knuckle (faster jab), 04 for gun (hitscan) and 05 for Special (Valmanway), but the problem relates to how the sprites are loaded and, in turn, the hitbox. An Axe type never works with other types, but various other types works with each other and with axe (with some oddities, but still...).

For all those wondering how to find the weapon data in the rom, you can follow this address:
http://web.archive.org/web/20051001032037/http://blitz.phpwebhosting.com/hacking/castleaos/pictures/tables/aos_weapon.txt

And, as I said, tried to do myself, but could go nowhere.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: July 16, 2014, 12:38:09 am »
How about an addendum to the Rondo of Blood Translation that adds a few more audio tracks and replaces the handful of sequenced music with these new CD tracks?

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #1344 on: July 17, 2014, 04:19:20 pm »
Lazy emulator users could use more 60hz patches for PAL games that are distinctly non-optimized. So you don't have to manually tell them not to play too slow.

Possible candidates like Super Bomberman 3 maybe? While I didn't get an error message by hacking the header, doesn't mean there aren't problems I haven't played the game enough to find.
I have a blog, forums, wiki, etc. Ask me for details. Contributors are welcome and highly encouraged!

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: July 18, 2014, 04:30:20 pm »
i was looking around on youtube and came across this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTKXna2ekzE

it got me wondering if it might make a nice romhack of Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles IV: Turtles in Time or something.

standigz

• View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: July 18, 2014, 06:55:37 pm »
You know how annoying baby mario's cry is in Yoshi's Island? Yeah, there should be a "pacifier" mod.

Dr. Mario

• View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: July 18, 2014, 08:00:56 pm »
Step 1 (a part I could actually do probably): Replace the title screen in Macross for the Famicom with the Robotech logo.
Step 2: Replace the in-game music with one of the really awful English language Minmay songs.

It would be awesome. Admit it.
What is a man? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

SCD

• View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: July 19, 2014, 01:43:20 am »
I would like to see a complete overhaul hack for Mega Bomberman that makes it more like the PC Engine version when it comes to graphics, animation, music and sound.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: July 19, 2014, 07:08:24 am »
I would like to see a complete overhaul hack for Mega Bomberman that makes it more like the PC Engine version when it comes to graphics, animation, music and sound.

Assuming you mean the equivalent version ( http://www.retro-sanctuary.com/Comparisons-Mega-Bomberman.html ) is such a thing technically possible?

Should I hack a 16 bit bomberman though then I would more likely want to improve the AI.

Thanatos-Zero

• Location: Germany - Rheinlandpfalz - Wittlich - Zur Phillippsburg 25
  • NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1350 on: July 19, 2014, 01:57:27 pm »
Now for something different.

I would like to have this particular boss battle from Illusion of Gaia extended.

(Edited by me)

The level Sky Garden from this game introduced the mechanic of a world turned downside.
In this case, after bringing down the mask wearing bird, he reborns like a Phoenix and you have to continue the battle on the downside. In addition all his feathers are now set on fire when launched.

When I fight the bird, he is always so easy. I wish his attacks were a bit more faster and a tiny bit bullethell-like.