logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

82380630 visitors

Author Topic: [Fangame] Megaman: Power Up!! (New title, New format)  (Read 51012 times)

Special T

• View Profile
Re: Hack Project: Mega Man Powered Down
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2009, 12:24:08 am »
It's still not hardware compliant then... It works for the user on pc, but will fail on a real system... *cough*Bad planning*/cough*
@Vanya: Why not test it on BSNES as you progress?

isn't BSNES for the SNES? Anyway since this is for the NES I think NEStopia is the most accurate.... but i could be wrong.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2009, 10:54:25 am »
I do test on NEStopia from time to time as well.
And, yes, BSNES only emulates SNES as far as I know.
As for that stage select problem, I'm simply going to move those lights that are on the sides to the top and bottom of the mug frames. It'll, look a little different, but that's ok.

Killa B

• Fallen Angel
    • View Profile
    • Killa B
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2009, 12:16:54 pm »
You might consider also testing on Nintendulator, which is another very accurate emulator (if I'm wrong it's Disch's fault).

Then you can make sure it works right in both cases.
I always dreamed of doing a Pokemon hack

Sivak

• View Profile
    • Sivak Games
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2009, 04:27:33 pm »
Interesting project.  I have all the MM1 songs in midi format (by me), so music notes are easy to obtain if/when it comes to that.  I also did an NSF version of Time Man a while back.  Not too complex of a song.

johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2009, 06:36:02 pm »
I see alot of people saying a music hack can be implemented into Megaman 5.  Thus far I only saw one hack that utilized custom music supposedly in Megaman 5. This hack didn't even work. Didn't change the music, didn't do anything. I suppose though if someone did hack the music in Megaman 5 already, it would be possible to scan through the Hex itself and see where the changes actually took place.

Heres the text I'm reading on the hack:

Megaman Vortex:

"This hack is still in development, but so far has three levels changed. It has a new storyline and uses music from Megaman 3-6."

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2009, 12:19:42 am »
@Sivak: Any help with the music would be greatly appreciated! I believe I've listened to some of your midi's in the past. Very good work! ^_^
For this project I'd need downmixed versions of several songs from the PSP game. I'm glad to here that remixes/downmixes of the MMPU songs exist at all.

@johnny: Thanks for the head's up! I'll look into this hack and see if it leads anywhere. ^_^

burn_654

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2009, 01:15:00 am »
I'm sorry to say I don't think I can really help with the NSF side of things *yet* like I thought I could. (also with this confusion over what will work/what we know about MM5 music...just may be out of my scope sadly.) If you need any help with some midi/composition work though I'll be glad to help out :)

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2009, 06:24:58 pm »
S far as the music is concerned what I really need the most is simplified versions of Mega Man Powered Up's music. The music that was originally in MM1NES should be fairly easy to port over to the MM5 So I need NES-ish versions of things like Timeman & Oilman's stage music, title screen music, intro stage music, cut scene music, that sort of stuff. ^_^

Sivak

• View Profile
    • Sivak Games
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2009, 10:57:48 pm »
I found my Time Man nsf.  I just put it on rapidshare, but that should be adequate for finding it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/201824604/Time_Man.nsf.html

johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2009, 12:38:02 am »
@johnny: Thanks for the head's up! I'll look into this hack and see if it leads anywhere. ^_^

Megaman Vortex  is over at Zophar's Domain. Its in the Megaman 5 section of the Rom Hacks. I hope that can help you.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 01:05:07 am by johnny »

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2009, 10:51:01 am »
@Sivak: That is freakin' awesome! Just the kind of thing I've been looking for! I am in your debt! ^_^

@johnny: I found the patch for it thanks! ^_^

tummai

• View Profile
    • Tummai Games
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2009, 12:23:17 pm »
Just checking in on this thread.  I will try to help out with unraveling MM5's sound engine so we can change the songs.  Looks like there is already a doc that explains some stuff: http://www.romhacking.net/docs/capmusfrm.txt.  That will help a lot. :)

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2009, 11:53:03 pm »
Sweet! ^_^
Thanks for bringing that document to my attention.
I'm going to look over it this weekend.

I'm going to put together a list of songs that I'm going to want for the hack in general. I'll also note which songs are going to be simple rips from MM1 and which need to be remixed into nsf's or midi's from the PSP game. Sivak already provided an excellent nsf of Timeman's stage theme in nsf format. thanks again, guys! ^_^

johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2009, 04:51:48 pm »
Sivak I hope you don't mind. I took your Cutman midi, your Fireman midi and your Gutsman midi and modified them Powered Down style. Just to see how it would sound. Take a listen guys:

http://rapidshare.com/files/203765648/Cutmanpowereddown.mid.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/205043402/Firemanpowereddown.mid.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/203790953/Gutsmanpowereddown.mid.html

« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 08:46:50 pm by johnny »

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2009, 11:14:45 am »
I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm considering programming this from scratch using the new NESicide IDE. I figure that it would probably be faster to program the thing my way instead of reverse engineering Capcom's code.

For more info on NESicide click here.

Tater Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2009, 12:10:55 pm »
Sweet! I am glad I added it to the database. You should let the author know about your project and message him with any improvements and suggestions you have as a user of the IDE. He posted about releasing a new version soon (Thanks in part to attention it has received from being on this site), so I imaging hearing that it is being used to recreate a new megaman game would help encourage him  :D.

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2009, 03:05:48 pm »
You should contact the megaman 7 powered down author and see if he will allow you to use his engine.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2009, 05:49:32 pm »
I will definitely contact the NESICIDE author.

You should contact the megaman 7 powered down author and see if he will allow you to use his engine.

Link?

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2009, 09:20:20 pm »
I don't know about an official site but here's the game http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2008/06/remake_game_pick_rockman_7fc_m.html
Its a fully demade rockman 7 so I would think if you could contact the guy (Who is japanese) you could end up with a fully made rockman engine.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 04, 2009, 12:18:45 am »
Ah, yes. I know all about that game. (BTW There's another group making Rockman 8 FC as well.)
I don't really know how easy it would be to get commented code for that.
However, there is a Game Maker engine that I already have in my possession that has commented code.
It shouldn't be too difficult to convert the relevant code to 6502 ASM.
Thanks!