Alright, you deserve to hear what gameplan I have. First off, the patches I've posted are alphas or 0.xx versions, just to invite opinions and feedback. I do not intend them to be the version you play for real. When I actually release I will call it v1.0, and give it a more public release.
The translation itself is good as done, but I'm running through the game to find mistakes, mine and Nanjing's. Right now I'm:
* Rearranging spell graphics
* Restoring dialog absent from the original file (bar scene, ending)
* Assessing the unfairness of boss HP
* Learning about the sound engine (though I might not actually do much about it)
* Seeing if I can figure out how to speed up the timing
* Doing minor fixes to the battle PPU engine
* I should also try to fix the buggy buggy (for some reason it's hard to get into the river buggy)
* The ending is F.U.B.A.R. to say the least, so I'm taking responsibility for making it passable (That's the biggest priority)
As for an ETA I'm not sure you can trust me there. Back in August I thought this would only take me a few weeks, until I realized this was going to be more than a matter of replacing Chinese with English text. Frankly, I want to be free of this project within 3 weeks.
Any further changes I make to graphics might make complications with a facelift project, though I still invite it. There's just a weirdness to the concept of me redrawing spells, only to have them redone again by the next team. I rearranged the spells of each materia to have a more logical flow, but their graphics are still the same. Among other things, I want to change the highest level spell of each materia to have the appearance of a summon (has to be 32x32). If you want to discuss a facelift project I would suggest making a new thread so I can twink over all my knowledge.
P.S. I only finally beat the game an hour ago.