logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

83924006 visitors

Author Topic: Translations: Aeon Genesis Releases Shiren the Wanderer, Plus Other News  (Read 13609 times)

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
I have one too, but I guess I'm an 'asm guru'.
TransCorp - Over 15 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Herakles IV SFC/SNES Translations

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
I want one but they are hard to get  :'(

Dragonsbrethren

• View Profile
    • Dragonsbrethren Industries
Not they're not, they're just a little expensive.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
I want one but they are hard to get  :'(

I think we told you on the Transcorp board where to get one if I'm not mistaken.
TransCorp - Over 15 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Herakles IV SFC/SNES Translations

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
Hm, I know I've been on some site once where they sold them, its possible it was a link from Transcorp. I can't really remember (and quickly flying over my posts from there didn't reveal anything either) but its just another not really necessary wish of me anyway. If I had the money for a copier to burn I'd currently rather buy one for the GBA so I can try out my DQM work on real hardware.

Syntax

Woot, I'm going to play this now. I really love these kinds of games, thanks Gideon et al. ;D

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
I just wanted to extend a big fat juicy drippin' THANKS to all at Aeon who made this possible.  Another notch in the finely worn belt.  :hail:

Shadowsithe

• View Profile
Never got the first Torneko working. Tried like 5 different versions of the rom. What should the exact size of the rom be before patching?

DaMarsMan

• Bring DQV
    • View Profile
    • DQ Translations!
Torneko should be this size....
Removed....

bahamutX

thanx guys, i got shiren working now! it seems that i ve had a bad rom. shiren s an amazing game, it seems. so after neugier another intresting snes rom to play. THANX!!!

Shadowsithe

• View Profile
Got it. Thanks much.

FallenAngel2387

• View Profile
Roguelike?

Rogue is an early PC RPG. It was done in ASCII, and runs on DOS, but it's very unrestricted in what you can do. Not that I ever had a chance to play it, had XP before I even heard of it, but you can find Nethack(freeware) if you want to  try something similar. This one(Shiren) seems a better alternative for many though as, for one thing, it has graphics. Actually, I can think of another console game that could be considered a Rogue-like, Fatal Labyrinth for the Genesis.

Anyhow, my first time through, I got killed at maybe the 7th or 8th area(the pass they mention in the first town) by a confusion trap and a leveled up monster (ghost possession) with a katana +2. It's kind of irritating how you have to start at the very beginning at level 1 with nothing. :-X

Tintenfisch

• Insect swarm 3, nothing but the best.
    • View Profile
[quote author=FallenAngel2387 link=topic=619.msg7388#msg7388
Anyhow, my first time through, I got killed at maybe the 7th or 8th area(the pass they mention in the first town) by a confusion trap and a leveled up monster (ghost possession) with a katana +2. It's kind of irritating how you have to start at the very beginning at level 1 with nothing. :-X

Do what i'm doing.

Get one good sword and leave it in a warehouse in a town that has a balck smith, and everytime you go back to that town (after you die) keep tempering that swrod.  Right now I have a katana + 8 in storage waitng to unleash the hurt.  Then I gotta get a heavy shield and a leather shild and combine the two....someday.
A traitor like you doesn't deserve a Texas double whopper, now available at burger king

Eien Ni Hen

• Hiragana Queen
    • View Profile
    • Desert Bus Translations
My first thought after reading the last few posts in this thread: "Christ these guys are nerds."

My second thought: "Shit, I've only got an hour until I DM my D&D campaign."  *sweatdrop*
Soon the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans... and pants to match. The monkey clown horrible karate round and yummy like cute small baby chick would beat the donkey.

Tintenfisch

• Insect swarm 3, nothing but the best.
    • View Profile
My first thought after reading the last few posts in this thread: "Christ these guys are nerds."

My second thought: "Shit, I've only got an hour until I DM my D&D campaign."  *sweatdrop*

It's okay Eien.  We understna totaly.  Though when playing D&D I did get EXP for peeing in the mugs at a bar or something.
A traitor like you doesn't deserve a Texas double whopper, now available at burger king

Kitsune Sniper

• Complaining about mods == trolling, whee
    • View Profile
    • Foxhack.net

It's okay Eien.  We understna totaly.  Though when playing D&D I did get EXP for peeing in the mugs at a bar or something.

"Roll the dice to see if I'm drunk!"
For any further project updates, please visit my website. I do not wish to belong to a site where a user has no voice.

Eien Ni Hen

• Hiragana Queen
    • View Profile
"Roll the dice to see if I'm drunk!"

I'm sad to say that someone actually quoted that line at our game tonight...
Soon the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans... and pants to match. The monkey clown horrible karate round and yummy like cute small baby chick would beat the donkey.

Neil

• Submission Reviewer
  • Circuit Rider
    • View Profile
and you were the dm, did you make sure karma bitch slapped them?

Eien Ni Hen

• Hiragana Queen
    • View Profile
I sure did.  Karma bitchslaps everyone in my campaigns.