logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

71188547 visitors

Author Topic: Magna Carta  (Read 63867 times)

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • Genesis
Magna Carta
« on: July 28, 2007, 06:10:56 pm »
This is a page for the Magna Carta translation.  The files presented are alpha files, and are not yet perfected.  To get them to work, follow these instructions.

First, go to C:\Program Files\SOFTMAX\MagnaCarta
Now, backup the FPB folder.  Do this because if you don't, you may have to completely reinstall Magna Carta to get it working again.
Download the files below.
Cut and paste them in your MagnaCarta directory.
This will translate most of the opening of the game, and likely most of the locations in the game.  The BGR pack will translate graphics. 
Menus, Spells and Abilities are not yet inserted (and cannot be until I get some help).
If someone would like to help me get the menus, spells and abilities inserted into the game, I'd be very glad to accept any help from any programmers who are interested.  The translation is complete, and is going through editing at the moment.

IF the game crashes, it is not my fault.  The game is in alpha testing, meaning that these files are used at the user's own risk.

If you find errors in the text, post them and I'll correct them as best I can.  These files are for the latest version of Magna Carta only, v1.04a and any other version is not guaranteed to work.

http://www.filedropper.com/magnacarta1

« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 03:39:57 pm by Talbain »

javiskefka

• 뒤로 돌아서지 않으리
    • View Profile
Re: Magna Carta
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 06:23:03 pm »
Nice work.  I'll give this a test.

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 03:57:31 am »
Awesome.

I think I'll wait for the complete version before trying anything though, I never really bothered with partial patches before :-\

javiskefka

• 뒤로 돌아서지 않으리
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 01:48:40 am »
BGR.zip is corrupted.  Can you try to re-upload it?

dynoma5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 02:13:13 am »
Man Thanks very much for releasing this translation. Even though I can speak and read Korean, I couldn't understand almost half of what it said  :'(. Also I'm not a fast reader since I don't have much Korean books to read. Haha man I'm really grateful. if there's any other way i can help I'll be happy to do it. Btw use 7-zip to open the zipped folder. It's not corrupted.

javiskefka

• 뒤로 돌아서지 않으리
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 03:11:31 am »
Ah, nice tip.  I wonder if it will be only people who have knowledge of Korean that will even have the game to patch...

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • Genesis
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 03:23:43 am »
BGR.zip is corrupted.  Can you try to re-upload it?

It works fine for me... mind explaining?

javiskefka

• 뒤로 돌아서지 않으리
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 03:39:54 am »
dynoma was right.  I was trying to extract it with the archive extractor built into windows explorer.  When I tried 7zip, it extracted fine.

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 04:27:47 am »
Does this magna carta have the same battle system as the one for ps2?

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • Genesis
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 07:17:53 am »
No.

If you want an idea of what it's like, think Valkyrie Profile 2's battle system, massively simplified.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 09:30:10 am »
dynoma was right.  I was trying to extract it with the archive extractor built into windows explorer.  When I tried 7zip, it extracted fine.

Talbain, I would suggest naming the extension on the BGR.zip something to reflect the file format. It's not a zip file.

Hell, it's not even a 7zip file. It's a RAR file from what I see. What the..?
TransCorp - Over 15 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Herakles IV SFC/SNES Translations

dynoma5

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 10:41:32 pm »
Haha so far so good, some of the parts and npc aren't translated but aren't too hard to understand. Btw the game crashes right after the part when chelsea joins the 7th squad. Haha if i see anymore bugs i'll report it here is that all right?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 10:47:19 pm by dynoma5 »

Kitsune Sniper

• Complaining about mods == trolling, whee
    • View Profile
    • Foxhack.net
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 10:52:23 pm »
Slightly off but still on topic:

Don't use Explorer's built-in zip support. It doesn't recognize certain advanced Zip algorithms. You're better off finding a freeware solution instead of it; not to mention, uninstalling zip support actually speeds up Explorer quite a bit.

Back to your regularly scheduled topic.
For any further project updates, please visit my website. I do not wish to belong to a site where a user has no voice.

javiskefka

• 뒤로 돌아서지 않으리
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 11:10:32 pm »

Don't use Explorer's built-in zip support. It doesn't recognize certain advanced Zip algorithms. You're better off finding a freeware solution instead of it; not to mention, uninstalling zip support actually speeds up Explorer quite a bit.

I would just set something like 7zip as the default program for files with the .zip extension, but I like how you can see the contents of an archive without another window opening, move or manipulate the files, and retain the back and forward functionality of explorer.

...and back on topic...

I still haven't got around to testing the alpha, Talbain.  It's  busy week, but when I get a chance, I will.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • Genesis
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2007, 02:57:33 am »
Haha so far so good, some of the parts and npc aren't translated but aren't too hard to understand. Btw the game crashes right after the part when chelsea joins the 7th squad. Haha if i see anymore bugs i'll report it here is that all right?

After Calintz meets Roffma for the first time?

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 08:49:15 am »

I would just set something like 7zip as the default program for files with the .zip extension, but I like how you can see the contents of an archive without another window opening, move or manipulate the files, and retain the back and forward functionality of explorer.

ARG! BUT... IT'S... A.... *RAR* FILE! The extension is wrong! I already said that earlier.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Herakles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Kitsune Sniper

• Complaining about mods == trolling, whee
    • View Profile
    • Foxhack.net
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 09:44:41 am »
ARG! BUT... IT'S... A.... *RAR* FILE! The extension is wrong! I already said that earlier.

I didn't see that, sorry. I was just offering my help. People should not use that shitty OS feature. :P
For any further project updates, please visit my website. I do not wish to belong to a site where a user has no voice.

dynoma5

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 11:48:17 am »

After Calintz meets Roffma for the first time?
No after you beat the first boss in the sewer place. The game crashes right after chelsea says that she's going to join the 7th squad . Would a screenshot help?

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • Genesis
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 11:58:19 am »
That would help quite a bit.  Also, if you wouldn't mind, post a screenshot of the error as well (I already suspect I know what it is, but I'd still like to see it). 

Also, NC, it extracts fine with WinRAR, and most extraction programs.  As I said already, the files are in alpha stages, thus, stuff like what you've mentioned will be fixed by the final release.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007, 01:14:20 pm »
What? It can fixed by simply renaming the file to BGR.rar. What does that have to do with being beta? Of course it opens with WinRAR. It better being that it's a RAR file. 7zip works because 7zip also extracts RAR files. Winzip fails and XP shell extension fail because it's a RAR file and not a zip file.

Just rename the file and problem solved. ;)