logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

77735958 visitors

Author Topic: Translations: Metal Max Returns nearly ready for Beta  (Read 2318 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Metal Max Returns nearly ready for Beta
« on: April 12, 2007, 05:45:22 pm »

Update By: Dapper Gent

Old bean Gideon Zhi's down to the brass tacks again, this time announcing that Metal Max Returns is just about ready to enter beta-testing. From the mouth of the man himself:

Just a quick post to air out an old project. I picked Metal Max Returns up a few days ago with the intention of finishing it lo and behold, it´s nearly done. I´m _NOT_ going to be expanding character names, I´m afraid - the menu alterations would just be too much work - but otherwise, I think it looks pretty good.

For those of you not familiar with the game, Metal Max Returns is a SFC remake of NES RPG Metal Max. It was rehashed for PS2 and translated by Atlus in 2006 as Metal Saga.

Get the full story at AGTP.

Relevant Link: (http://agtp.romhack.net/)

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
Re: Translations: Metal Max Returns nearly ready for Beta
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 05:55:46 pm »
For those of you not familiar with the game, Metal Max Returns is a SFC remake of NES RPG Metal Max. It was rehashed for PS2 and translated by Atlus in 2006 as Metal Saga.

This is not strictly correct; Metal Saga is a follow-up. Whether it takes place in the same "world" as Metal Max is unclear, as there's no aerial transportation and Metal Max's explorable region may be elsewhere in the world, separated the same way the Suikoden games are separated. Metal Saga does follow-up on the overall plot events of Metal Max, though, and it includes a number of subtle hints and nudges in the directions of Metal Max and Metal Max 2.

Snatcher

• Vereor Nox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 06:05:48 pm »
This is great news. :) I've been wanting to play this game for a long time. Can't wait till it's finished. Keep up the good work. ;)
"This is a work of fiction. If you find any relation to real people, events, or locations, then you are obviously on crack."
-Kishimoto Masashi

Panzer88

• GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
    • Gangsta City
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 10:20:23 pm »
yes, I can't wait either

isn't there a metal game for DS also?
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

snesmaster40

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 04:34:33 pm »
yes, I can't wait either

isn't there a metal game for DS also?

Yeah, and I heard it's a different game from the PS2 one
Are we not men?