logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

71506181 visitors

Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 96978 times)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #740 on: April 14, 2014, 07:52:05 pm »
I just saw it as a lesser version of the SFC Original (just as the GBA), but that version's graphics actually seem to have a lot of charme! And it seems to have exclusive contend!
So good job on translating so far and thanks for giving this port some needed attention  :beer:

Lesser being quite an operative term IMO. :P
(from what I recall, it seemed almost bad as the DOS games, it wouldn't surprise me if Capcom also just licensed the IP to another developer.)
But yeah, different game.
Sir Howard Stringer, chief executive of Sony, on Christmas sales of the PS3:
"It's a little fortuitous that the Wii is running out of hardware."

Raccoon Sam

• Left is Right and Right is Wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 15, 2014, 05:22:56 am »
I would dare to disagree. I think the quirkiness of it gives it an unique charm. The level design is great, the bosses and stages are funny and the gameplay is solid. Try it out!  :laugh:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 15, 2014, 06:07:05 pm »
The artwork could be better and the Robot Masters are mostly wierd, but it's definitely far better than the DOS games as far as everything else.
If nothing else one should take into account that it is officially recognized by Capcom where the DOS games are not.

bearmon2010

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 16, 2014, 05:53:18 am »
Nothing big yet I guess. Some dialogue, portrait-oriented pause menu and the ending is what's still left.

:o :o :o :o :o

I cannot believe my eyes! Good job. I can't wait! :D

Raccoon Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 16, 2014, 09:17:19 am »
Thanks for the kind words. I can't continue much further though, because I don't know a word in Japanese. :-\
With Google translate I was able to decipher the intro text and some other stuff, but there's an intermission scene where Protoman speaks to you after you beat the first four Robot Masters. I have no idea what he's saying and Google translate is way off.
I tweeted about this predicament, hoping to find someone who's fluent in Japanese and willing to help, but so far with no avail. If you know someone who likes translating in the context of ROM hacking, drop me a line at vervalkon@gmail.com
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

bearmon2010

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 16, 2014, 06:03:10 pm »

Raccoon Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 17, 2014, 01:24:33 am »
WOW, I could swear that after intensive googling I was only able to find the intro script!  :-[ :-[
Thanks!! I should be done in no time now :)

bearmon2010

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 17, 2014, 05:29:00 am »
WOW, I could swear that after intensive googling I was only able to find the intro script!  :-[ :-[
Thanks!! I should be done in no time now :)

Great. You are very welcome. I am so excited now. :D

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:42:51 am by bearmon2010 »

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 17, 2014, 05:16:30 pm »
Sweet! There you go then! Get to it! lol

vivify93

• Change your way, it’s gonna be alright…
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 21, 2014, 11:11:49 pm »
I forget, are mock-ups allowed in the screenshots topic or not?

These are two small screenshot edits I made for a theoretical Phantasy Star IV on GBA. It was odd to me how the Phantasy Star Collection had the first three games, but not the fourth, and they never even released a port of the fourth as its separate cart. I often wondered if it was a problem with the menu screen layouts. I decided to test that theory today, and yeah, I pretty much confirmed it. I managed to make it work, though, and I don't think it looks so bad.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:44:50 am by vivify93 »
[...] right here we have an example of the capacity human beings have for altruistic behavior...

...We call it romhacking.net. ;)

Normmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #750 on: April 23, 2014, 12:10:44 am »
I forget, are mock-ups allowed in the screenshots topic or not?

These are two small screenshot edits I made for a theoretical Phantasy Star IV on GBA. It was odd to me how the Phantasy Star Collection had the first three games, but not the fourth, and they never even released a port of the fourth as its separate cart. I often wondered if it was a problem with the menu screen layouts. I decided to test that theory today, and yeah, I pretty much confirmed it. I managed to make it work, though, and I don't think it looks so bad.

With a Variable Width Font that'd probably looks quite nice.

tryphon

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 23, 2014, 01:15:10 am »
You need to enlarge some windows, and design special tiles for some words such as HP, TP, that are in windows which can't be enlarged.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with this one.

DevEd

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 23, 2014, 05:04:55 pm »
I'm back.