logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

86119318 visitors

Author Topic: Titlescreens: Screenshots & Edits [Constructive Criticism Only]  (Read 123908 times)

danke

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Titlescreens: Screenshots & Edits [Constructive Criticism Only]
« Reply #800 on: October 21, 2014, 04:30:02 pm »
In the "od" of "Parody" would work well.

Clippit

• View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 21, 2014, 06:15:35 pm »
Agreed. It hadn't crossed my mind that the US one shares its background color with the lower half of the letters instead, affecting its readability when moved onto a different background.

Here's a second pass.

October 20, 2014, 11:31:36 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Double post update:

I worked in some of the additional eyes from the Japanese version as well.

I love the way the Parody World part looks just like the Monster World one. It really looks authentic. By the way, is the translation project stated for a Halloween release?
"I swear my victory to this feather!"

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #802 on: October 21, 2014, 06:51:27 pm »
I love the way the Parody World part looks just like the Monster World one. It really looks authentic. By the way, is the translation project stated for a Halloween release?

That was the plan, but I've been busy with other stuff and that's not gonna happen.

M-Tee

• One pixel at a time…
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #803 on: October 21, 2014, 07:22:57 pm »
Thanks, Clippit.

I tried the eyes in various layouts.

I quite like the double googly eyes and their location relative to text in the prototype; imitating it is a pretty high priority for me.

I actually had intended on imitating the typeface from it as well, until I realized that the only difference between it, stylistically, and the US one was being squared instead of rounded.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 24, 2014, 10:24:31 am »
I think I have about wrapped up a patch for Tomato's script of Akuma-kun.
All it's lacking is a title.
AFAIK there's no official translation.
Any designers want to work on it?
Beware, it's animated. I got the frames, though.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g155/sahagin/akuma-title-sequence-logo_zps8965ab9d.png

Beware though that this was one of Tomato's first translations, so it's quite rough. Even Tomato himself would encourage someone to redo it from scratch (though I wouldn't mind sharing the hacking stuff to save someone a lot of work in that part).
(I had done this so Tomato will have patches I think for all his work. I left this largely alone except editing for space as well as to fix a few errors that could disrupt progress.)

Enemy and spell names could probably be improved, but I had figured maybe an initial release might encourage people to play and discuss.
Sir Howard Stringer, chief executive of Sony, on Christmas sales of the PS3:
"It's a little fortuitous that the Wii is running out of hardware."

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 10, 2014, 08:10:14 am »
I'm needing a little help from anyone willing to help  :)

From left to right:
- Current version of the title screen used in the English translation patch
- Mock up version with the correct title but it needs to be on two lines with "Target:" being on the first line and "Godchild" being on the second
- Blank title screen for anyone that wants to try and help

Drakon is the font being used which can be downloaded here and all three images compressed into one archive can be downloaded here.

The current image as well as the mock up was made by another person and I'm having trouble getting the text to have that rock look with the cracks in it as well as trying to match the drop shadow. I would like the text to be same size & color as the first image (current title screen for our project). If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 07:09:41 am by Special T »