logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 219497 times)

MertHacks

• View Profile
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #1080 on: January 19, 2016, 04:20:21 am »
So, I am currently working on a SMW Hack. This hack is based on the most known hacks out there - Super Mario Odyssey. BMF (Robert Flory) is the creator of Super Mario Odyssey, which sadly was never finished. I decided to give this feeling back of this polished piece. BMF even was happy, that "someone else has decided to carry the torch, in a sense". Now it's time to get YOUR opinion. I draw ALL of the graphics by myself, also many of them are heavily based on SMO.

What do you say to this background? It includes a very nice parallax scrolling effect aswell. :)

SunGodPortal

• View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: January 30, 2016, 07:51:45 am »
I got tired of all of the nonsense and poor formatting in the sprite/items names of Hyrule Magic so I started hacking them.

Before:

After:

I'm not done yet, but the screenshots spreak for themselves really.

Kinda funny to be hacking a hacking program.
You have received a warning, because you failed to act friendly, maturely, and respectfully to (a) fellow community member(s).

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: January 30, 2016, 06:18:44 pm »
Great work. From what I understand, anything that can be done to improve the functionality of HM is a good thing.

SunGodPortal

• View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: January 30, 2016, 09:48:27 pm »
Great work. From what I understand, anything that can be done to improve the functionality of HM is a good thing.

This is pretty much just cosmetic, but it will still help out a lot. There were a good number of sprites that were just labelled with hex numbers and some of the names were just dead wrong. It was also really annoying to place a fireblade or spike roller in one of your dungeons and have no idea which direction it turns or moves (which is an important detail). I'm also doing things to keep the list origanized like putting "(Boss)" in front of all of the boss sprites, "NPC-" in front of all the NPC's, listing things like "Left Pipe" and "Right Pipe" instead with "Pipe" first and then the direction so that all the different variations of it are no longer on opposite ends of the list. There's also a good number of sprites that were not intended to be placed directly in dungeons or the overworld, but (I'm guessing) just stored in the same block of data so the author made the mistake of adding them to the list with all the rest of the sprites. The majority of those simply cannot be used (some could if you were creative though). Things such as that will have a "zz-" placed at the front of their names so that they will appear at the end of the list and out of the way.

Right now I've got my first draft of all of the name changes done, reinsert and all of the formatting has been done so that the list doesn't have bugs. I'll probably go over them one of two more times before I consider it complete. I might even have this finished by tonight.
You have received a warning, because you failed to act friendly, maturely, and respectfully to (a) fellow community member(s).

Seeeeph

• “IT'S MINE...IT'S MINE...YOU F*** SQUIRREL!”
    • View Profile
    • Zeldix
« Reply #1084 on: February 02, 2016, 09:27:33 pm »
Coming soon to town:

;)

For those that don't remember...

As with BFD, you'll visit that pub both in the intro and in the ending!

:)

Mari42

• View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 05, 2016, 10:25:33 am »
Hey everyone. I'm just doing a quick showoff of what I have done my rom hack, so I may not do as much plus I haven't thinking about the title of my hack.  :-\  Sooo... this screenshot below for my progress. XD

New bonus level for 1-1  :D

Preview Level 1-3 leads to water level.

New tileset for "Anchor away" such as the ground.

:D

I know I should've change the palette for the ground, but the status bar is what I am concern about for palette changing. :-\
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 10:33:08 am by Mari42 »