logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

Author Topic: The BIG list of randomizers!! - Updated 2017-02-04  (Read 6066 times)

SmashManiac

• View Profile
Re: The BIG list of randomizers!!
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2017, 11:29:38 pm »
Thanks Kiyoshi Aman for the kind words! :)

About Final Fantasy V Ancient Cave, it took me a while to trace its original source, and once I found it I noticed that it didn't match the RHDN archive and moved on. After verification, the differences are not related to the data inside the compressed files themselves, so I changed the link to point to RHDN for convenience.

I also updated the link to the Gensokyo no Nazo randomizer - it now has a proper webpage and many new features!

New randomizers:
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent (corruptor)
- Pokémon X & Y & Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire & Sun & Moon
- Zelda Classic (fangame) (randomizer quests)

Yes, this means that all main international Pokémon games released so far has randomizers. Pretty cool!

Speaking of Pokémon, I also found multiple random QR code generators designed for Pokémon Sun & Moon floating around the web, but those that I found so far have based their randomization on completely arbitrary patterns without any game-specific properties. As such, I am not including them.

And with that, the list now contains more than 100 unique games, and that's only counting official games! I never expected there would be so many when I started. Wow!

Googie

• eeee!
    • View Profile
    • Googie Toons
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2017, 06:09:31 pm »
Now if only there was a randomizer for Crystalis... :crazy:
The ROM Hacking community's cartoonist...

SmashManiac

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2017, 06:52:29 pm »
If you want a randomizer that doesn't already exist, the best way is to make one. ;)

New randomizers:
- Metroid
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (roguelike)
- The Goonies II

I actually found two recent Metroid randomizers made within a month of each other.  I'm putting snarfblam's in the main list and Netsrotti's in the deprecated list, as it seems the only advantage of the latter over the former is an option to have duplicate upgrades.

Also, to complement the Hitman passive randomizers, I also found a bunch of nice passive randomizers hosted by Trysdyn (including a Four Job Fiesta generator available all year long) for the following games:
- Diablo II
- Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy III
- Final Fantasy V
- Final Fantasy VI
- Legend of Mana
- Romancing SaGa 2
- Shining Soul II
- Tales of Destiny
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Let me know what you guys think of these passive randomizers. I've put them in the main list, but do you guys think they should be in a separate list altogether? Also, do you think I should include Bingo cards?

Big thanks to Azkadellia for pinning this topic! 8)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 09:48:50 pm by SmashManiac »

Googie

• eeee!
    • View Profile
    • Googie Toons
Re: The BIG list of randomizers!! - Updated 2017-02-04
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2017, 10:51:15 am »
I'm guessing that the FF3 Randomizer will work with the English translation of the game, I'll try it out when I get my fiances laptop tomorrow. 😂
The ROM Hacking community's cartoonist...

m06

• View Profile
Re: The BIG list of randomizers!! - Updated 2017-02-04
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2017, 11:56:37 pm »
Abyssonym started a Final Fantasy IV randomizer: https://github.com/abyssonym/beyond_babil

Version 1 was uploaded on 19. March 2017