logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

80261863 visitors

Author Topic: Titlescreens: Screenshots & Edits [Constructive Criticism Only]  (Read 113933 times)

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
Re: Titlescreens: Screenshots & Edits [Constructive Criticism Only]
« Reply #780 on: July 24, 2014, 08:21:06 pm »
I don't really like any of them; they all look too jagged if you ask me. But then, none of them have any depth the way the originals had. Maybe that would help?

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #781 on: July 25, 2014, 05:34:51 pm »
I don't think FlashPV is making any further changes. He sent me the layered graphics a few days ago. You're probably stuck with it the way it is.
TransCorp - Over 15 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Herakles IV SFC/SNES Translations

DragonDePlatino

• View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 12, 2014, 10:22:47 pm »
After discovering these strange things called "name tables" (nooby, I know...) I went to town and whipped up a new title screen for my Earthbound Zero project, Mother: 25th Anniversary Edition! It's the 2nd title screen I've ever made and boooy is it easier with name tables...

keithisgood

• [DANGER ! ! ! ! ! ! ] [TERROR HORROR]
    • View Profile
    • keithisgood
« Reply #783 on: August 17, 2014, 08:56:48 am »
After discovering these strange things called "name tables" (nooby, I know...) I went to town and whipped up a new title screen for my Earthbound Zero project, Mother: 25th Anniversary Edition! It's the 2nd title screen I've ever made and boooy is it easier with name tables...

I dig it. My only note would be to stick to the smaller lettering of the original title scene, if possible.

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 18, 2014, 12:00:57 am »
I like it, but the colors feel a bit too dark, maybe the contrast is off?

If it's for the anniversary of the game, maybe change the palette up a bit? I think one of the Mother games' boxes is in a red/gold scheme?

darkanx

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 18, 2014, 05:35:34 am »

I love it, my only nitpick is the line thickness of the upper half of the "R" is off a bit. Super thumbs up!

Tater Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 21, 2014, 07:02:49 pm »
I don't think FlashPV is making any further changes. He sent me the layered graphics a few days ago. You're probably stuck with it the way it is.

Maybe it can do with a more masculine look to the font with bold and all caps text. Here is a mock up I quickly made to illustrate my meaning. The borders of the text need to be edited so it blends in less with the background, but anyone is free to fix/use it.  :P