logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

Author Topic: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database  (Read 647 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« on: February 15, 2017, 03:06:36 am »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link

Spooniest

• View Profile
Re: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 08:20:37 am »

I saw this first this morning waking up...slept 8 hours again last night, that's two in a row and counting

The Phantasy Star II "Data Memory" music (entitled Step Up, if you want to know) occurred to me, and she's telling me "Before you launch, here are 4 bombs free of charge!"

...No idea what any of the entries are yet, haven't looked at them, but thank you, I'll take those 4 bombs and use them for only the most savory purposes indeed. ;D

pablitox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 09:14:59 am »
im all in for gba translations, they are always welcome!  :thumbsup: hope to hear more if it's okay  :beer: and congratulations!!!

cheers!
Re taking hajimari no ishi!

VladimIr V Y

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 01:19:07 pm »
A Fullmetal Alchemist game finally translated! Great news.

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 03:24:55 am »
"Everything on earth was made to kill humans."

...A plot that needs to die in a fire. No matter how many times I see this ridiculously overused plot, it never gets any less disgusting for me. And I hate fighting bunnies. ...unless my character's a wombat or a kangaroo or an Australian animal of some sort (this makes more sense than you'd think: trust me).

Stifu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 03:33:39 pm »
Nice to see the FMA translation. I don't mean to start anything, and I don't even know x_comp, but is there a reason why he is only credited in the readme and credits section of the RH entry, but not in the "Released by" field or on the game title screen? If he translated ~90% of the main story, that seems harsh to me.

mz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 06:46:44 pm »
If he translated ~90% of the main story, that seems harsh to me.
I don't care either way, it's not like I'm proud of my quick shitty work here. The only reasons I put my name on things is:
1. We can track versions more easily.
2. Other people won't blame x_comp for things he didn't write or where his original text was edited.

In any case, 90% of the main story is like 40% of all the text in the game, and the translation part is like only 1% of the total amount of work done in the whole hack. Also, his text[1] was heavily edited, since it was full of Japanese-isms and a somewhat strange grammar (for example, "Wasn't it Bald who done it?" instead of "Wasn't it Bald who did it?" and similar stuff.)

[1] https://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/919683-hagane-no-renkinjutsushi-meisou-no-rinbukyoku/faqs/30504
There has to be a better life.

Stifu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Today at 02:43:12 pm »
Thanks for answering. Out of curiosity, did you actually team up with x_comp to make this translation, or did you just pick up his FAQ as a base to translate the game?

mz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Today at 02:56:34 pm »
Thanks for answering. Out of curiosity, did you actually team up with x_comp to make this translation, or did you just pick up his FAQ as a base to translate the game?
Just picked up his FAQ. We tried to contact him via email, but never got a response.
There has to be a better life.

Stifu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Today at 03:45:52 pm »
Just picked up his FAQ. We tried to contact him via email, but never got a response.
I see. That's what I figured. Kinda makes sense then. Would be weird to see your name on something you didn't even want to work on.