logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

86368200 visitors

Author Topic: Any archive site where I can showcase fake magazine covers?  (Read 648 times)

McKnight

• View Profile
    • Livejournal
Any archive site where I can showcase fake magazine covers?
« on: September 15, 2012, 01:25:32 pm »
Found out yesterday that Nintendo Power will publish its last issue in December this year.  To commemorate, I am having someone put together a fake cover featuring Getter Love!!  Only problem is, I can't host it on DeviantArt, because the image I've given her is official artwork and DA has a policy against hosting copyrighted material.

Looking on Google, I've seen plenty of sites for creating fake magazine covers, but none for showcasing it (or at least none that categorize them by series or even genre).  Does anyone know of any such sites I'm looking for?

EDIT: Or better yet, does anyone at least know who works on illustrations for games?  Like, is it the same people who work on the actual concept art, or just people who are really good at emulating different styles? 

For example, look at the cover for volume 125 (Pokemon Yellow; October 1999).  Notice how the illustration looks every bit like the Pokemon anime, despite not actually coming from that.  Was that designed by someone in charge of drawing stuff for the anime, or just someone versatile enough to emulate its style?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:07:04 pm by McKnight »

BRPXQZME

• everything sucks forever
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
Re: Any archive site where I can showcase fake magazine covers?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 03:24:00 pm »
Make your own site? Even just a blog of some sort (e.g. this sort of thing would probably go down well on tumblr). If you put “hoax” in as one of the keywords your audience will probably even find you.

As for illustrations, they are made by illustrators of all sorts.
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

Jedi QuestMaster

• About time, Photobucket--GOSH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 04:42:15 pm »
Ahh, good times.

A blog site would be perfect for this sort of thing.
And I'll leave it at that!

McKnight

• View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 05:37:28 pm »
For the record, I already do have an account on LiveJournal, so I suppose I could host it there.  Probably will use Tumblr as well, since that's exactly what my friend recommended to me as well just yesterday evening.

And, I guess I'll look into asking her if she'd be willing to draw any up from scratch, instead of using what I've given her.