logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

71109858 visitors

Author Topic: Videos Instead of Images  (Read 845 times)

Jedi QuestMaster

• About time, Photobucket--GOSH!
    • View Profile
Videos Instead of Images
« on: July 19, 2012, 10:40:48 pm »
While submitting a sound-only hack, I was prompted to supply an image. I've seen hacks without images before, so this caught me off-guard. In a haste, I uploaded a title screen image even though nothing's different about it.

Would it be feasible to allow uploading of short video clips instead of images for sound/gameplay hacks that can't be represented with still images?
And I'll leave it at that!

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
Re: Videos Instead of Images
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 03:10:53 am »
No.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
Re: Videos Instead of Images
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 09:36:21 am »
You haven't seen hacks without images recently. There's only 1 of 779 without an image. :P

The title screen already has a separate and specific field. Your entry will likely be rejected. Preferably you'd show a screen in an area or action where the sound is different. Perhaps one showing Toad speaking. However, any screenshot showing the game would be fine so someone has some idea what the game even is.

Many add video links in the description. There are no plans for us to formally host videos. It's way too much of a resource drain. At best maybe we would have a field specifically for external video links, but we typically avoid database fields solely for external information that could be invalid dead at any given time.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:44:02 am by Nightcrawler »
TransCorp - Over 15 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Herakles IV SFC/SNES Translations