logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

Author Topic: Question Regarding Mother 1...  (Read 346 times)

John Enigma

• View Profile
Question Regarding Mother 1...
« on: June 26, 2015, 12:45:14 am »
...(the GBA version of which appears in Mother 1+2, not the NES version).

The question that keeps going through my head is this one: which sound engine does Mother 1 have?

I ask this question because a lot of people keep saying that Mother 1 (GBA) has the same sound engine just like Mother 2 (GBA), which is the SAPPY engine. While others keep saying that the Mother 1 portion uses a different sound engine, which in my opinion, I think that Mother 1 (GBA) may or may not use the same sound engine just like the Classic NES Series that came out for the Game Boy Advance many years ago.

June 26, 2015, 01:45:04 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Don't be afraid. This topic won't harm anyone.

EDIT: If any mod is watching this, please do not infract my comment. I waited more than 10 hours to get a response, and nothing.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 01:45:06 pm by John Enigma »

GHANMI

• View Profile
Re: Question Regarding Mother 1...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 12:59:08 pm »
Did you try feeding the GBA rom to the GBAMusicRipper utility hosted here?
It just outputs sappy stuff and nothing else in midi+sf2 format which you can open and listen to with that "fobby" (?) application.
Depending on what you get, that's your answer... probably

Also, Mother 1+2 is a port for both parts.
We need help from Japanese-fluent translators for the Ni no Kuni DS English project. PM if interested. (no machine translators)
Script Dump

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 05:45:40 pm »
Did you try feeding the GBA rom to the GBAMusicRipper utility hosted here?
It just outputs sappy stuff and nothing else in midi+sf2 format which you can open and listen to with that "fobby" (?) application.
Depending on what you get, that's your answer... probably

Also, Mother 1+2 is a port for both parts.
According to what Tomato said here, he said that the tool "works with Mother 1+2, but only on the Mother 2 side." Meaning that it only works on Mother 2 (GBA), but not on Mother 1(GBA).

Also @Bregalad said that this tool works with GBA games with the Sappy music engine. This tool, unfortunately, doesn't work with GBA games with different sound engines that are not Sappy.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:57:35 pm by John Enigma »

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 10:06:08 pm »
Come on, people. Is just a bit of info that I really want to know. Don't be afraid!

Seihen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 10:28:44 pm »
Come on, people. Is just a bit of info that I really want to know. Don't be afraid!

Perhaps no one knows and you should get your hands dirty and do it yourself...?  ::)

GHANMI

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 12:24:49 am »
The question that keeps going through my head is this one: which sound engine does Mother 1 have?

I ask this question because a lot of people keep saying that Mother 1 (GBA) has the same sound engine just like Mother 2 (GBA), which is the SAPPY engine.

While others keep saying that the Mother 1 portion uses a different sound engine

According to what Tomato said here, he said that the tool "works with Mother 1+2, but only on the Mother 2 side." Meaning that it only works on Mother 2 (GBA), but not on Mother 1(GBA).

Also @Bregalad said that this tool works with GBA games with the Sappy music engine. This tool, unfortunately, doesn't work with GBA games with different sound engines that are not Sappy.

You might have already found an element of your answer for "Does M1 in M1+2 GBA use the Sappy sound engine?" ...

That is, assuming you did minimal effort on your part and tried feeding M1+2 yourself in the latest May 2015 builds of Bregalad's GBAMusicRipper tool rather than the rudimentary 2012 build Mato was talking about back in the day (and which changed a LOT).

As for the rest, that's for you to experiment with and discover.
You have already an hypothesis ("same sound format as GBA NES Classics"), do an experiment to confirm it or debunk it.
We need help from Japanese-fluent translators for the Ni no Kuni DS English project. PM if interested. (no machine translators)
Script Dump