logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

81770877 visitors

Author Topic: King's Field Pilot Style  (Read 1758 times)

weissvulf

• View Profile
King's Field Pilot Style
« on: June 10, 2012, 09:13:17 pm »
This doesn't exactly fit into the "Personal Projects" guideline since it's complete, but I'm posting it here because I'd like opinions as to whether this translation is worth submitting to the RHDN catalog. When I finished the Sword of Moonlight King's Field Maker translation, the general consensus was that it was too obscure to be worth adding. Even though Pilot Stlye is a Playstation game, it's short  and more obscure than Sword of Moonlight. I care about keeping RHDN's file list "pertinent" and don't really care if this translation is listed, opinions either way are welcomed.

Kings Field Pilot Style was a promo game given out at the Tokyo game show to promote the upcoming King's Field 3 release. It's story takes place between KF1 and 2(US) and it is only about about an hour long. The style used (font etc) was modeled after the official King's Field English game releases and not necessarily what I would have picked myself.

EDIT: If anyone happens to want to translate one of the PS1 King's Field game into a language besides English, feel free to ask me questions. While this translation is fresh in my mind, I'm pretty familiar with how the game engine handles text so I can probably help speed things along. 

Here is a link the patch file.

golden

• View Profile
    • Mare Incognitum
Re: King's Field Pilot Style
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 06:05:56 am »
Go ahead, I don't see why it wouldn't be worth submitting :thumbsup:

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 02:39:09 pm »
I think Shadow Tower Abyss is worth submitting as well.

weissvulf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 03:29:11 pm »
Well I guess I'll submit the translation then. I think the King's Field fanbase has grown a little since Demon/Dark Souls so maybe there will be some interest.

The main reason I didn't submit Shadow Tower Abyss is because I didn't take the time to make the subtitled movies "efficient". That is, I just re-encoded the full video which made the patch large. When I have time, I was planning on looking into the PS2 movie format enough to only re-encode sub-titled area of each frame- or maybe do a voice over and do a direct copy for the video. That should cut ~ 50MB off the patch size.

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 09:35:26 pm »
Does Shadow Tower Abyss have freelook mapped to the right analog stick? That's really the biggest thing keeping me from playing the oldschool King's Field games.

weissvulf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 05:08:03 pm »
Sorry, I didn't see this question right away.  Yeah, I still remember how frustrating the King's Field control scheme was when I first played. They didn't even have analog controllers back then so I guess it wasn't bad for it's day.

Anyways, yes, STA has several pre-configured controller schemes. "Type 4" or "Type 4 Reversed" would be like the classic FPS dual stick controls.  :thumbsup: