logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

88400555 visitors

Author Topic: 3 Destiny of an Emperor Mods - Rise of Lu Bu, Rise of Ieyasu, Flames of Wu  (Read 11169 times)

sonic.penguin

• Sonic Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Lordyuanshu.com

Rise of Lu Bu Version 3.0 8/16/2013

Rise of Lu Bu 3.0

Rise of Lu Bu Mod Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpwI9_E58h0

Version 2.0 below

Rise of Lu Bu 2.0.zip

FCE Ultra Emulator Download Page

Use FCE Ultra 2.2.1 Emulator for BEST compatibility.

Game changes in Rise of Lu Bu 3.0

*New story - Now you start as Lu Bu did instead of with Liu Bei and his crew
*New Duel Tactic
*New 8 Tactic Battle System
*New agility based attacks
*Battle balancing and new officers
*Lots of typos fixed

2012 Huo Hu Award for Best Comedy in a Mod: TIE: Rise of Lu Bu (by sonic penguin 2011-2012) and Yuan Shao's Revenge (by MiDKnighT 2010-2012)
Runner up: Yuan Shu Mod by Lord Yuan Shu 2007-2011)

Yuan Shao's Revenge (by MiDKnighT 2010-2012)

Yuan Shao mod, the moment Cao Cao slaps Cao Hong

I would say Yuan Shao vs. Yuan Shu, but since the Emperor still did not get any new clothes in the Yuan Shu mod, and a lot of the mod needed cleaned up, I'll have to cast my vote for Yuan Shao's Revenge.

Destiny of an Emperor 2.0: Rise of Lu Bu (by sonic penguin 2011-2012)

Rise of Lu Bu - sonic.penguin will know why I chose this.

There are times I go through and play and it seems like a Dynasty Warriors game with all the classic quotes and silly behavior from townspeople. I think there are no less than 10 townspeople talking about action figures, buying DoaE books, etc.

Voted WINNER of the following 2011 Huo Hu Awards:

Best Story line/Text Modifications
Destiny of an Emperor 2.0 - Rise of Lu Bu: the plethora of changes, and overall theme is quite consistent.... and the fictional story progression is in place as well. Comedy is nice.

Best Map Modifications
New optional routes for traveling convenience, provides a more open-ended NES style RPG experience. Great Wu stone maze and the Yellow Turban area is way different (even if a little ugly and un-natural looking).

Best Comedy in a Mod
There are times I go through and play and it seems like a Dynasty Warriors game with all the classic quotes and silly behavior from townspeople. I think there are no less than 10 townspeople talking about action figures, buying DoaE books, etc.

L..Lu Bu! Don't kill me!
Liu Zhang, Rise of Lu Bu mod
--------------------------------------------------

Player Reviews!:

"This was a VERY enjoyable mod!... though the Stone Sentinel maze did start to get to me (which is the point, right?)!"

HugDaddy @ the-scholars.com

"the lu bu mod was amazing"
Shifter 420 @ @ the-scholars.com

"Unexpected"
"Man, I'm playing this mod and I don't believe my eyes."
"It was challenging, but also coherent and interesting enough to make it worth doing."

Lord Yuan Shu @ the Lordyuanshu.com/forums

"After playing many of the downright brutal DoaE, it was nice to play the lubu mod that was fairly balanced although still more difficult than the original"
unfy @ the Lordyuanshu.com/forums

".it was a real nice mod, insane battles aside."
Tarrot @ the-scholars.com

"I had to give Lu Bu the gemsword so I could stop buying resurrects."
MiDKnighT @ the Lordyuanshu.com/forums

";I wish I was like Lu Bu..."
Man @ Luosang Village

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah... Like he said! -points up-

Synopsis: Follow the story of Liu Bei (yes, not Lu Bu) and the gang through the world of DOAE until... holy cow, did I just die in 1 hit? Why haven’t I learned AnSha/Behead yet!? ...sniff...
Experience a new diversity of gameplay and fun in...
DESTINY OF AN EMPEROR 3.0: RISE OF LU BU

---------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------

Original changes in RISE OF LU BU

1. Increased difficulty for major boss battles. You might have to plan your use of strategists at different points. Get to know your tactics and what they do!

2. Faster leveling than the original DOAE 2.0 to aid vs. difficulty increase.

3. New officers/ removal of officers who are just a waste of space in battles + changed portraits!

4. New officer stats/rebalancing. The game will be easier and harder at different points and not so exploitable throughout *most* of the game. Don’t expect to be An-Sha-ing/Beheading your way through Shu and Wu either!

5. TONS of changed dialogue to make characters more unique, tell a differing story, and enhance gameplay/humor value from the generic dialogue of the original.

6. Some slight changes to maps to remove a few exploitable areas of the game + extras!

7. Unexpected surprises throughout the game! (don't we all love them?)

8. Faster/cleaner dialogue after battles, in menus, and when dealing with merchants to eliminate extra keystrokes.

Updates! 10/6/11

9. Increased TP gains per level 5-6. 1/16 chance of 4 or 7.

10. Adjusted HP of many characters and battles.

11. Fixed dialogue for townspeople for errors and for a more unique dialogue. We will no longer go to meet them now... q.q

12. Increased chance of higher damage for you and enemies! (about 5% change)

13. New generic enemies in some boss fights!

New sprite colors!

Updates 10/19/11

14. NEW sprite colors! Look at those awesome colors...groovy!

15. Changed weapon and armor types sold in some stores. Now advanced weapons are available earlier at a premium cost!

16. Slight weapon AP adjustments.

17. Tactic cost change for Behead (AnSha) and Zeal (Bei Ji)

18. Level 52 is possible if you aren't greedy early on...

19. Now you automatically start with 200 gold and 1000 food.

20. Some people offer BONUS level ups for free! Make sure to talk with people.

21. BONUS battles.  More boss battles than the original, yes MORE, added to the game and placement adjustments for lots of surprise battles.  Watch out for ambushes!

------------------------------------------------------

***TipS***

*If you can't seem to win by brute force, try changing to a tactician of a different intelligence. Just because they're old, doesn't make them any less useful, especially in Jing Zhou!

*Formation is key. Officers on top get hit A LOT more than ones on the bottom. (that doesn't sound right??)

I have played the game through myself more than once and found it to be an excellent challenge and full of surprises for DOAE veterans.

Any feedback on the mod and suggestions for totally necessary changes would be very welcome.

More info can be found in the "Read Me" that is zipped in the mod at the top of this post.

You will need an emulator such as FCE ULTRA EMULATOR 2.2.1 to run this game.

Thanks for downloading and enjoy!
Regards, sonic.penguin

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:35:16 pm by sonic.penguin »

sonic.penguin

• Sonic Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Lordyuanshu.com
Destiny of an Emperor Rise of Ieyasu Mod
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 08:44:12 pm »

Link Updated 01/15/14 - Overwrite your previous version of the [MOD] to update!

Destiny of an Emperor Rise of Ieyasu 2.0 Mod by Sonic Penguin

Destiny of an Emperor; Rise of Ieyasu 2.0 Download

FCE Ultra Emulator Download Page

New video featuring some highlights of the mod has been uploaded to youtube. Check it out!  :huohu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHxsvltLciQ

Use FCE Ultra 2.1.5 Emulator for BEST compatibility.

*****************Player Reviews!*****************

Others have said, including myself, but I'll say it again - awesomely done on taking RoI away from a complex mod and turning it into virtually another game.

unfy @ lordyuanshu.com
Contributing Author to the ROTK 2 Mod

this mod really raises the bar and sets a new standard for mods.

The work you put into this is just mind boggling as I play it. I was apprehensive about playing this at first due to not knowing the characters and the earlier history of one hit kills :) But I was truly blown away. It seems like you used everything the ROM hacking guide had to offer to the fullest which is what the guide is for :)

But overall I want to say...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THIS FANTASTIC MOD!

MiDKnighT @ lordyuanshu.com
Author of Yuan Shao Mod & DOAE Romhacking Guide

That's so much work you put into the mod and it's definitely worth the effort
Zhuge Liang @ lordyuanshu.com

You really have put together a quality mod.... I'm very glad that I'm sticking with the mod, and am enjoying it a lot (I love the portraits! That in itself represents tons of work!)
Ludmeister @ lordyuanshu.com
Author of Destiny of an Emperor; Ludmeisters Remix

wow this game never stops amazing me, i can't believe that this forum has manipulated the rom to THIS point, i really hope u make another one soon you're work is A+

i just wanted to say that this and the lu bu mod are the most innovative and ground breaking mods to date, keep up the great work man

it is by far the best mod to date. your passion for the game shines when u really look at all the work u put into it :)

shifter420 @ the-scholars.com

Massive gameplay improvements over the original Destiny of an Emperor:
*Brand new story based off of the Sengoku Era of Japan.
*Multi-hits - based off of officer agility.
*Officer Agility Stats - now viewable in the status screen.
*New leveling schemes and level 52 now possible.
*TOTALLY NEW PORTRAITS, SPRITES, and COLORS all hand-drawn by myself!
*Tactic cost changes/New tactics and effects
*Steeds are much more valuable due to their attack enhancing effect.
*Entirely new bonus section of the game... can you conquer the Path of Heaven?

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:39:18 am by sonic.penguin »

sonic.penguin

• Sonic Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Lordyuanshu.com
Destiny of an Emperor Flames of Wu Mod
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 08:46:58 pm »

1/11/2014 Mod Completed with updates! Download below:

https://www.box.com/s/asqorxw8lpr20rexr3to

Flames of Wu Mod updated! New features inclhuohude:
*New dual colored menu/status screens
*New "Spoils of War" addition which allows for a *RARE* case where extra gold, food, or items will drop
*New portraits
*Items now sell for 50% of their original value instead of 75%
*Portrait modifications to a few characters whose portraits didn’t fit the style of the others.

Wu Forces:

Wei Forces:

Shu Forces:

Other Forces:

????????

....and many more additional portraits in game!

If you enjoy this mod, you might enjoy playing some of my other projects found here:

Rise of Lu Bu Mod

and here

Rise of Ieyasu
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:42:09 am by sonic.penguin »

Validus

• View Profile
Wow looks fantastic.

Is it true there is a Destiny of an Emperor 3 on Genesis SNES?

sonic.penguin

• Sonic Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Lordyuanshu.com
Yeah, DOAE 3 was on Genesis but was also in the original chinese.  It was also completely different from the first two, essentially being another ROTK like game. I think the series ended after that.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Wow looks fantastic.

Is it true there is a Destiny of an Emperor 3 on Genesis SNES?

While there is a DoaE on SNES, it is not an RPG but a strategy game that is pretty much unplayable without translation (unless you can read Japanese, of course).
Sir Howard Stringer, chief executive of Sony, on Christmas sales of the PS3:
"It's a little fortuitous that the Wii is running out of hardware."

sonic.penguin

• Sonic Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Lordyuanshu.com
yeah, it wasn't so great, they should've stuck w/ the original which I find the best in terms of music, gameplay, and pacing, hence, why I enjoy hacking it so much. Even ROTK seems to be teetering on the edge of KOEI deciding to nuke the series or not if not for the huge outcry by the fanbase.

Niahak

• View Profile
    • Nia's page
Glad to see you're posting these up on rh.net :) I still need to update the download of DoaEditor here with a version that includes mapping/battles.

DoaE3 Genesis was by a Chinese pirate group of some kind, so it's all very unofficial.  DoaE3 SNES was official but totally different.

LYS (the forum sonic links to) is a small community that has gradually accumulated knowledge about hacking this classic game.  These three mods are some of the most impressive to come out of those efforts.

sonic.penguin

• Sonic Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Lordyuanshu.com
Yeah, I'm a little bit antsy for those text updates which will make my life of counting through lines of 010101 01010202 01010101 at least 01 times easier heh heh.  Other than everyone @ LYS it'd be cool to find more DOAE hackers, or at least people to beta the editor and roms  :thumbsup:

I submitted the Rise of Lu Bu and Rise of Ieyasu mod, but Rise of Lu Bu wasn't  accepted, I think b/c the screenshot I took for the title was too big. I  had one heck of a time getting those submitted with all kinds of errors linked to pictures! Wish I could find out why so I know if I should submit it again...

Anyways, currently working on creating all new sprites... Having some issues w/ injecting them into the rom @ the right address I think.  0x74090 doesnt seem to be right for another sprite bank, but injecting them into 0x70090 works fine.

June 01, 2012, 07:01:26 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
More updates coming your way on the Flames of Wu Mod.  New sprites are currently being uploaded. 

On another note, new portraits and sprites have also been added to the Rise of Lu Bu mod since it got added to this thread as well. (kind of hard to maintain 3 mods on 1 thread  :D)

June 02, 2012, 05:22:25 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
More new unique sprites by yours truly  :woot!:

June 04, 2012, 10:15:46 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
A new update of DOAEditor has helped a lot to speed up text modifications. Now there is not a need to go value by value through the code.

Thanks Niahak! www.niahak.org

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:15:51 pm by sonic.penguin »

sonic.penguin

• Sonic Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Lordyuanshu.com
More portraits being upgraded and work is coming along smoothly. Anyone around here have a knack for GFX?

sonic.penguin

• Sonic Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Lordyuanshu.com
Re: Destiny of an Emperor Hacks - 3 Different Projects (Newest at bottom)
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 10:48:10 pm »
Some of the new updates for the Flames of Wu Mod

sonic.penguin

• Sonic Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Lordyuanshu.com
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 09:52:33 pm »
Since it is too difficult updating multiple websites with mod updates, please refer to

lordyuanshu.com/forums

for any of my future DOAE mod related updates.

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 01:09:34 am »
Thanks for posting! I've always loved this game, but not for all the Chinese historical stuff everyone seems to love it for. I just like the really cool gameplay :p I was gonna do a hack of this, making into a Dragon Quest-like game, but lost interest pretty quickly after I saw the text-editing wasn't straightforward. This was several years back, before the current editor that's available :p Maybe one day I'll give it another try...? How's the level editing done?

Klarth

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 06:58:14 pm »
Thanks for posting! I've always loved this game, but not for all the Chinese historical stuff everyone seems to love it for.
I like the game.  But I also like hitting enemies with weapons that look like frying pans.

sonic.penguin

• Sonic Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Lordyuanshu.com
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 12:39:19 pm »
Thanks for posting! I've always loved this game, but not for all the Chinese historical stuff everyone seems to love it for. I just like the really cool gameplay :p I was gonna do a hack of this, making into a Dragon Quest-like game, but lost interest pretty quickly after I saw the text-editing wasn't straightforward. This was several years back, before the current editor that's available :p Maybe one day I'll give it another try...? How's the level editing done?

Sorry for the long response time, was on vacation. Actually, that is why I liked it as well and thankfully the code has been expanded enough where some major new things are possible with the game, I would say that text edits are still pretty difficult to make even w/ Niahak's DOAEditor simply b/c there are so many rules you have to follow so you don't break the game  :banghead:
As far as leveling goes there is a section of the hex that allows you to edit certain values that act as multipiers for each leveling *type*. Its why Zhang Fei gains lots of soliders from beginning to end compared to Zhao Yun who starts low but gradually approaches Zhang Fei levels of soldiers @ the end of the game. This leveling code has been expanded as well to allow 25 different level types now!  In addition to this we have made such things as new portraits, sprites, attack codes, music edits, map edits, TP gaining skills, dueling officers where both can be injured and more. The stuff thats been developed in the past 2 years in DOAE hacking has been superb. Most stuff on this can be found at lordyuanshu.com/forums

Some new updates in the Flames of Wu Mod

I like the game.  But I also like hitting enemies with weapons that look like frying pans.
So you're a Super Mario RPG fan as well? Actually, I am concurrently developing a mod for SMRPG @ the same time I am working on my Flames of Wu Mod for Destiny of an Emperor. Will keep you posted*

sonic.penguin

• Sonic Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Lordyuanshu.com
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 10:10:50 pm »
Some of the latest updates to the Flames of Wu Mod: :thumbsup:

On another note, Rise of Lu Bu saw a slight bump in end-game gold gains as player input informed me it was TOO harsh. That mod is updated as well. :D

August 23, 2012, 08:26:07 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Some new and also re-revamped portraits for the Flames of Wu mod. Some of the newer stuff is definitely better than some of my earlier work, perhaps even improving on the original games artwork, but I guess you'd have to be the judge. More to come...

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:26:15 pm by sonic.penguin »

sonic.penguin

• Sonic Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Lordyuanshu.com
Flames of Wu Mod Portraits
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 09:35:20 am »
Some of the latest GFX made for this new DOAE mod, all hand drawn and created by yours truly   :thumbsup:

sonic.penguin

• Sonic Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Lordyuanshu.com
Re: 3 Destiny of an Emperor Mods - Rise of Lu Bu, Rise of Ieyasu, Flames of Wu
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 12:09:31 am »
Rise of Ieyasu 2.0 has now officially been released on RHDN in patch format with its own page!  Cheers!  :thumbsup:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/994/

sonic.penguin

• Sonic Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Lordyuanshu.com
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 06:42:26 pm »
A new update to the Flames of Wu Mod! A video featuring the highlights of the game TBA soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EXbCUwQNEAM#t=0s

sonic.penguin

• Sonic Penguin
    • View Profile
    • Lordyuanshu.com
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 04:57:18 pm »
Ever since all 3 different mods got moved into 1 thread, updating for just 1 of the mods, particularly the current one Flames of Wu, has been a real pain in the behind around here. At any rate, the 3rd post down has been updated with information and portraits for the most current version that is being worked on. Release TBA soon.  :thumbsup: