logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

83929200 visitors

Author Topic: Dolphin questions  (Read 791 times)

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
Dolphin questions
« on: May 23, 2012, 08:07:35 am »
Ok so I am going to try out dolphin and I wanted to know if it was like PJ 64 and maybe it could have texture packs etc? I want to make windwaker a bit more cleaned up.

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
Re: Dolphin questions
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:12:37 am »
I've seen a lot of screenshot of HD-fied Windwaker... but I think those were on a Wii emulator. :/ That said, I've never tried dolphin, and perhaps the best way to find out its features is by trying them out.
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

SargeSmash

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 10:57:42 am »
Quick look around says yes.  But I've never done it myself.  I can't get Dolphin to run full speed on my lappy (it's oh-so-close, though).  I'm gonna run this machine into the ground, then get a nice desktop.  :)
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  -- Mark 8:36

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 11:22:05 am »
Yeah the hd stuff is what I want. Anyone got a link?

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 01:52:22 pm »
I have a question too! Two, in fact! I may actually cross-post some of this on the official Dolphin forums, but I figure someone here might know too.

First, I'm interested in permanently associating a Wii Remote with one of my bluetooth dongles. The goal is to hide Windows behind GameEx as completely as possible for everyday use, and for the interface to be completely gamepad-controllable. I have no problem actually associating a Wii Remote via Windows's bluetooth setup and with Dolphin's "Pair Remote" functionality, but both require me to break out of the GameEx interface and start mucking around with emulator settings. Does anyone have any experience permanently pairing up a Wii Remote with a PC, so that just by pressing a button on the remote it turns on and connects (just like it does with a regular Wii?) I found http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=22165 this thread and I intend to try it, but I don't know what the difference is with this "Toshiba bluetooth stack" or how to install it on my Targus devices or anything along those lines.

Second, Sliver-X (who built all the guts that run in the background, and there are a _lot_ of guts) has informed me that I need a custom file extension for basically every system that's being loaded. ISO is currently reserved for SegaCD, though I may end up tweaking that a bit. The issue is that if I change the file extensions on my Wii stuff (say, to .wiso or to .wii) Dolphin no longer recognizes them. Is there an easy way to get Dolphin to recognize them?

Thanks!

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 02:05:54 pm »
The issue is that if I change the file extensions on my Wii stuff (say, to .wiso or to .wii) Dolphin no longer recognizes them. Is there an easy way to get Dolphin to recognize them?

You probably know about associating particular programs with particular file extensions natively through Windows:
http://www.winvistaclub.com/t19.html

That would force say Dolphin to run a .wii file if you double clicked it... which may or may not make anything happen.  Because you run into the issue of said program not recognizing said extensions as a native format.  Smart programs will scan the header instead of the extension, but not all programmers are that forward savvy.  To get beyond that, you'd probably need a file system custom wrapper of some sort, which intelligently assigned program execution based off the directory the extension's invocation originated from.