logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

88224818 visitors

Author Topic: [VWF] Dragon Ball Z - Super Butôden 2  (Read 908 times)

kogami

• View Profile
[VWF] Dragon Ball Z - Super Butôden 2
« on: May 12, 2012, 03:35:37 am »
Hello,

With one friends to me we would like to retranslate Dragon Ball Z - Super Butouden 2 (J) (V1.1) since Japanese because the translation that we had at the release of games in France was very bad  >:(

I realized the tbl of the game, the dumping all text.

The text weighs 102ko and the police is 16x16.

Everything the GFX is compressed but my friend realized a program for "in compressed"

Now I would like to have a VWF for make her but my friend does not have time to make it.

I wanted to know if there would be no somebody here ready to help me for that?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: [VWF] Dragon Ball Z - Super Butôden 2
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 01:07:11 pm »
I know that was on Gideon's list forever, though it doesn't sound like DBZ is exactly a priority for him.

Don't know what he had really done, or if he had been working on the French or Japanese version.

By "the police", I assume you mean the font. I hope I don't sound like I'm making fun, but that is a very curious mistake (checking babelfish, do "police" and "font" in English really both translate to "police" in French? :o).
Sir Howard Stringer, chief executive of Sony, on Christmas sales of the PS3:
"It's a little fortuitous that the Wii is running out of hardware."

Hiei-

• View Profile
Re: [VWF] Dragon Ball Z - Super Butôden 2
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 03:49:52 pm »
"Font" = "Police de caractères" in french, though we often use the word "font" in the french romhacking "world".

If the font is 16x16, it's might be possible to transform it in "8x16" with a VWF. It won't give a perfect display, but better than 16x16.

Maybe it would be better to hack the french version, which have probably a 8x16 font? Then reinsert the new translation in it.