logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

86514147 visitors

Author Topic: I Hate Dress Clothes  (Read 4709 times)

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
Re: I Hate Dress Clothes
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 08:05:07 am »
Neil my comment wasn't really pointed towards you.  But I'll respond anyway.

Jeans are stiff. People call them comfortable.

Well I'd wager there's millions upon millions (if not billions) of people who would disagree with you, but it's your choice.

dress slacks / shirts can be made of soft fabrics

I wasn't ranting about khakis and button up shirts, I was talking about three piece suits often made of polyester or such a material that heat dissipation is moot.

that guy

Good reference.  I think Pee-Wee wore that suit just to disarm people into initially thinking he might be a responsible adult who wouldn't masturbate in your theater.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 08:40:12 am »
I wear a shirt and tie and slacks to work. It's actually pretty comfortable when you get used to it.

I disagree. I would call that tolerance rather than comfort. You simply grow more tolerant to things over time. I don't like things touching my neck. I never have and I never will. I've worn button down shirts 5 days a week for the past 10 years. I tolerate them day after day and it's not like their painful, but I still don't like them.

I have worn a wedding ring 24/7 for 3 years. I still don't like the feeling of rings. I never have and I never will. I would prefer not to wear one, but unless I get a tatoo in it's place, my wife would not be pleased.  ;D

I have lived with varying degrees of daily pain in both elbows for over 3 years. I have grown tolerant to the pain, but that doesn't mean I can't feel it and it doesn't still hurt. ;)

Dress clothes aren't impractical, it's user error that gives them a bad rap.

Really? You can't be including suits here. Something you can't wash in your own home isn't impractical? Something that's too hot to wear when it's above 60 degrees isn't impractical? Something you can't work or move around in freely isn't impractical? Something that takes twice as long as any other outfit to put on isn't impractical? I'd like to know what dictionary you use. :P
TransCorp - Over 15 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Herakles IV SFC/SNES Translations

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 08:52:40 am »
I would prefer not to wear one, but unless I get a tatoo in it's place

I'm right there with you too.  I hate wearing jewelry, and I don't wear any.  I feel constricted by it.  I suppose that's why I don't have any tattoos either.  I don't want someone seeing something on me and thinking they know anything about me.  That, and no matter what I got tattooed on myself I inevitably would regret it if by nothing else than being tired of seeing it.  Truly I dress as plainly as possible, I don't like to stand out.  When I was in high school I dressed flamboyantly (gothy at any rate) until I realized it's funner to disarm people with a clean slate appearance.  No one who works at my company of over 300+ employees has any idea what a freak I really am.   :D

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 09:26:42 am »
As for looks, well... Everyone looks dapper in a suit. Everyone.
Aye, there's the rub.  Take a slightly overweight guy and someone who spends seven hours in the gym every week in suits and stand them next to each other and you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference.

I too have had some bad experiences with uncomfortable dress shoes and do not much care for them.  Would it really be so hard to make a sneaker that looks sufficiently dressy?

As far as ties are concerned, I just stick with a nice zipper tie when I need to.  It looks perfect 100% of the time and there is none of this ridiculous fumbling with knots.
This depresses me. I feel like a goldfish right now...

derboo

• View Profile
    • derboo's Translation Page
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2012, 09:26:52 am »
As for looks, well... Everyone looks dapper in a suit. Everyone.

Funny, the way I see it, Everyone looks like a dork in a suit. Everyone.

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2012, 09:44:41 am »
Funny, the way I see it, Everyone looks like a dork in a suit. Everyone.

Everyone looks like a self important monkey, when they wear a suit ,to me... but the surrounding area kind of is filled with self important monkeys... who happen to wear suits.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:09:31 am by MathOnNapkins »
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

BRPXQZME

• everything sucks forever
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2012, 11:44:20 am »
I too have had some bad experiences with uncomfortable dress shoes and do not much care for them.  Would it really be so hard to make a sneaker that looks sufficiently dressy?
Which dress shoes have you tried?
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

MisterJones

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2012, 12:51:42 pm »
I find dress pants waaaaaaaaaaaaay more comfortable over jeans.                   
_-|-_

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2012, 01:06:25 pm »
I find dress pants waaaaaaaaaaaaay more comfortable over jeans.                 

To those of you who say that, what about sweatpants? They are probably the most comfortable, but I their appearance is certainly not upscale. Although that might just be for men because I actually think women wearing sweatpants can be attractive.

By the way, WHY DO WE HAVE TO WEAR PANTS AT ALL? No, I'm not promoting being a nudist. I'm talking about shorts. Obviously in the summer, you'd want to wear shorts as the most comfortable attire. Why should anyone wear pants when it's 90F/32C or above? That's just plain ridiculous! There is not such thing as dress shorts (that's acceptable in society). Once again we toss practicality and comfort right out the window.
TransCorp - Over 15 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Herakles IV SFC/SNES Translations

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2012, 01:20:26 pm »
Yoga pants are amazing on women who aren't she-blobs.

I think pajama pants are probably the most comfy ones of all, personally.

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2012, 02:23:36 pm »
To those of you who say that, what about sweatpants? They are probably the most comfortable, but I their appearance is certainly not upscale. Although that might just be for men because I actually think women wearing sweatpants can be attractive.

By the way, WHY DO WE HAVE TO WEAR PANTS AT ALL? No, I'm not promoting being a nudist. I'm talking about shorts. Obviously in the summer, you'd want to wear shorts as the most comfortable attire. Why should anyone wear pants when it's 90F/32C or above? That's just plain ridiculous! There is not such thing as dress shorts (that's acceptable in society). Once again we toss practicality and comfort right out the window.

I... I don't like showing off my legs... I also don't like sitting down and feeling what I'm sitting on directly with my skin...
In other words, I feel naked if my legs are exposed.
Who will quote me next?

Jedi QuestMaster

• About time, Photobucket--GOSH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2012, 02:52:28 pm »
I like showing off my legs! ;D

But I epilate them & workout nearly 7 hours a week.

Seriously, though, NC, check out my links - especially the trousers. They're outstanding! :thumbsup: You'll outstand in them. :laugh:
And I'll leave it at that!

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2012, 03:58:52 pm »
Nightcrawler, you are a genius. I fully agree with you, and your arguments are particularly well worded.

I wear cargo pants/shorts, and skate shoes 99% of the time. I always wear shorts when it's hotter than about 15°C.
I don't like jeans - but cargo shorts are awesome, and cargo pants are pretty good too. I like having my legs exposed - I feel virile that way.

The only occasions I have to wear a suit is when I play music in concert, and I don't like it - although I agree a musical band looks better if everyone is dressed up the same. However if everyone is dressed up the same - but casually - it looks great as well. This is done sometimes when we play at summer feasts instead of at concerts.

Shirts are retarded - why so many buttons ? It takes at least 5 minutes to put one on when it takes 10 seconds to put a t-shirt. And I always mess up and skip a button, so I have to redo it all over again. Fucking retarded. At least once they are on they aren't too incontestable.

Suit pants are ok comfortable wise but they tend to feel way too hot ! Also why do they have to make the belt so high ? Terribly uncomfortable when you sit down.

Ties are retarded, they just increase the risk of strangulation, but at least they are better than bow-ties. I'm glad the latter almost disappeared. And colored ties can be the only little touch of fantasy in a suit, so I see their point.

The most ridiculous thing ever is suit shoes. Those are terrible. Pure masochism as nightcrawler says. Once you are used to wear skate shoes you don't ever want to switch back to any other types of shoes.

Finally no, not everyone looks good in a suit. Some people manage to do it, but I know some guys that were with my in the school when I was a boy and they were extremely dumb, and now I see them wearing suits and they still looks extremely dumb.

Spooniest

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 05:22:52 pm »
It would be nice if getting dressed up in a suit always led to THIS:

...But 99% of the time the things you do in suits are boring.
- 鳥なき里の蝙蝠
- 本末転倒
- 愚考山を移す  - Mt 17:20, I believe...:)

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2012, 05:36:20 pm »
You're better off fighting in something else anyway... O_o
Who will quote me next?

Eien Ni Hen

• Hiragana Queen
    • View Profile
    • Desert Bus Translations
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2012, 11:27:52 pm »
If it makes you guys feel any better, women's dress clothes suck just as much. Slips that have to be hand-washed, dry-clean only outfits, and (admittedly cheap) pantyhose that tear right after you get them on. Don't even get me started on makeup. Also high heels suck and can actually damage your feet.

I have one or two dresses I wear for job interviews, one wedding/funeral dress, and a dress I recently got rid of because it made me look like a she-blob (ugh). Usually I prefer a t-shirt and jeans or a well-fitting, comfortable dress shirt and khakis.

And regarding the Bond picture, I'd dress like American Maid everyday if it meant I got to kill people with my shoes. :P
Soon the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans... and pants to match. The monkey clown horrible karate round and yummy like cute small baby chick would beat the donkey.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2012, 11:40:23 pm »
Which dress shoes have you tried?
I have a 20-year-old pair of Doc Martens that I don't mind much.  I tried a pair of Dockers that I couldn't stand at all.
This depresses me. I feel like a goldfish right now...

BRPXQZME

• everything sucks forever
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2012, 01:15:30 am »
Hmm, maybe you might want to look at wingtips? Dress shoes are really expensive and could last a very long time anyway. It’s okay to take a while to find a pair you like.

And oh god women’s dress clothes I think “suck just as much” is putting it too diplomatically.
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2012, 11:27:40 am »
Sometimes I forget RHDN isn't entirely a sausage party.

Nec5

• It was fun until humorlessness won out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2012, 12:11:49 pm »
Blame the Victorians on this one.  I think.  Social conditioning and class nonsense.  If something is uncomfortable, there is no reason to wear it unless it's necessary (i.e.biohazard suit).
When Reason Fails