logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

80266278 visitors

Author Topic: The U.S. is so bad even the illegals/Mexicans are leaving.  (Read 4681 times)

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
The U.S. is so bad even the illegals/Mexicans are leaving.
« on: April 24, 2012, 01:43:36 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/net-migration-mexico-dips-zero-143325289.html

No offense to the actual legal Mexican immigrants, but this article lumps the two together for total Mexican immigration stats showing net increase of 0.

I don't know where they get their stats on illegal immigration from, but articles like this are a humerus reflection of the declining era we live in here in the U.S.  This is going to be running gag material where things are so bad here, even the illegals are leaving. We have all this political talk here about how we can secure our borders. Well, keep up this state of decline and the numbers will keep dropping naturally. People come here for a better life, but when we can no longer provide one nor any jobs for them, they'll stay where they are or go somewhere else. Perhaps a few years from now perhaps many of us will be looking for refugee in Mexico!? It's too hot down there for me though.  ;)

I'm sure everybody's getting tired of my declining U.S. article trend. I'm sorry but this country just keeps giving me such good material to work with, what else is there? Lady Gaga? :laugh:
TransCorp - Over 15 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Herakles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Chpexo

• View Profile
Re: The U.S. is so bad even the illegals/Mexicans are leaving.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 02:02:40 pm »
Maybe it's all part of America's plan to stop illegal immigration and it's working :D.

I.S.T.

• Forum Moderator
  • I AM NO-AVATAR MAN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 02:33:16 pm »
Hate to be that gal, but this is old news. It was reported back in '09 or '10. Dunno why it's making the rounds now.
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/12534 The Dragon Thing To Do: The Dragon Creed

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 03:01:31 pm »
Meh, USA residents are for the most parts descendants of illegal migrants from Europe and Africa anyways.

SargeSmash

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 04:28:57 pm »
It should also be noted that this coincides with a lot of the states implementing much tougher penalties on employers that knowingly hire illegals.  Many states require that employers use the E-Verify system before hires, and if an illegal can't get a job, then it stands to reason that all they can do is go home.  In an economy like this, illegals work for peanuts compared to legal residents, so if anything, you'd think less-than-scrupulous employers would actually employ more illegals, not less.  But that's just my logic on it, which may or may not be the case, seeing as how I don't own a business and wouldn't employ illegals, regardless.

It will be interesting to see how their economy deals with the re-influx of their people earning money here.  Much of the capital earned by illegals was sent directly back to Mexico, which greatly helps their economy.  Also, they've not had to support them through their social infrastructure, instead basically exporting their poverty to the US (most illegals, unfortunately, are not high-skill workers or highly educated), so I suspect that may be a drag on their economy as well.  That being said, they do a lot of manufacturing, so it may help them in the long run.

I have to admit, I am tired of the "declining America" bit, not because it's not currently true, but because most of us act like there's nothing that can be done about it.

(Also, pegging the majority of USA residents as descendants of illegal migrants is a bit of a stretch.)
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  -- Mark 8:36

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 04:38:26 pm »
That whole thing about hiring more immigrants makes sense, but in even in states that don't do the E-Verify thing, like Michigan, they're cracking down on it.

For instance, the company my dad works for isn't that big, but the guy who runs it makes a ton of money. They make boxes for giant things, like machinery, airplanes, cars being shipped overseas, etc. The guy who ran the place used to have dozens of illegal Mexican workers (some who even had fake SSNs, like one of them had the SSN of some dead old lady they somehow stole).

But one day, according to my dad, immigration workers came in and busted the guy. He no longer has any of those workers because the law busted him for it.

So they're definitely doing what they can to get rid of illegal immigrant workers.

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

SargeSmash

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 04:51:28 pm »
Yeah, our state had much the same thing.  There was a huge crackdown on Howard Industries here in Mississippi.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  -- Mark 8:36

Nec5

• It was fun until humorlessness won out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 05:16:36 pm »
Meh, USA residents are for the most parts descendants of illegal migrants from Europe and Africa anyways.
That's true of just about any people on Earth.  I guess its also true for animals too.
When Reason Fails

I.S.T.

• Forum Moderator
  • I AM NO-AVATAR MAN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 06:11:47 pm »
*snip*

I see you didn't read my post. This trend was discovered at least two years ago. Before all those laws.
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/12534 The Dragon Thing To Do: The Dragon Creed

SargeSmash

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 06:27:38 pm »
I read your post.  And some of the crackdowns started before 2009 and 2010 (like the Howard Industries one mentioned in my post).  The laws have helped push the trend, but are by no means the only contributor, which is a point I will gladly concede.

It should also be noted that the simple threat of tougher immigration laws was enough for some to leave.  These things usually take time to weave their way through their respective legislative bodies, and I doubt the illegal community was oblivious to the efforts that were ongoing to get them out.

Here in Mississippi, large employers had to comply by mid-2008.  Smaller ones got until the next year, and it's tiered all the way down to under 30 employees, by last year.  There are other states that have had similar laws in place before 2009-2010, like Arizona.

EDIT:  Meh, gonna leave that previous bit alone.  (At any rate, it's an election year.  Draw your own conclusions about why these stories might be popping up, despite being old news.)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 07:00:20 pm by SargeSmash »

MisterJones

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 06:58:36 pm »
So crossing the river stopped being an option for me? Shit.
_-|-_

BRPXQZME

• everything sucks forever
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 09:22:40 pm »
you could always try rocket boots.

well, actually no.

there is nothing in the real world that is realistically improved by rocket boots, period. all that rocket boots would accomplish is either involuntary splits or killing you.
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

MisterJones

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 09:31:14 pm »
Rocket Boots are not good for you? I have been spread a lot of misinformation then!
_-|-_

MathOnNapkins

• Forum Moderator
  • Who ya gonna call
    • View Profile
    • Arc-Nova - Rohmackin' and Chiptunin'
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 09:55:01 am »
I'm fairly certain they used rocket boots in Super Mario Bros. The Movie. That alone should be enough of a contraindication, yes?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:36:23 am by MathOnNapkins »

BRPXQZME

• everything sucks forever
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 11:05:08 am »
super mario bros. was a masterpiece of hard science fiction chronicling the struggles of migrant blue-collar labor just trying to make it in near-future 90s America. to imply that such an artwork would stoop to gimmicks such as rocket boots and time travel is tantamount to libel. are you okay having that on your conscience? are you?
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 11:14:48 am »
super mario bros. was a masterpiece of hard science fiction

I know you were being sardonic, but seriously, even as a kid seeing it in the theater I couldn't fight the sads.

MisterJones

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 12:43:48 pm »
I kind of dig how surreal all is. But I can understand the fans not enjoying it.
_-|-_

SargeSmash

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 12:50:17 pm »
That was such an odd movie.  Ironically, it had some weird and interesting ideas, it just wasn't Mario.  And as we all know, it's expectations that can kill you more than anything.

(Man, have we ever transitioned topics.  Only here can we transition from illegals leaving to rocket boots to the Super Mario Bros. movie.  :D)

MathOnNapkins

• Forum Moderator
  • Who ya gonna call
    • View Profile
    • Arc-Nova - Rohmackin' and Chiptunin'
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 12:55:52 pm »
Mario and Luigi are illegal immigrants in the Koopa ruled parallel universe, and they end up leaving because... I don't remember. I'd say it's tangentially extremely related to the original topic.

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 01:04:09 pm »
it's expectations that can kill you more than anything

Yeah such as expecting a movie called Super Mario Bros. to actually be about Super Mario Bros.

This movie was trolling before trolling was cool.