With regard to my "table", I couldn't turn it into a real .TBL file
(and as a result, WindHex gave out lots of dots after loading the .BIN file). But after comparing the three different tables mentioned above, mine matched perfectly—I only managed to get the numbers, alphabet letters and some Hiragana (using satsu's gamesave method; done with HexEdit
As for loading the table into WindHex
, both the Shift-JIS and your UTF-8 tables gave almost the same result (very slight change). What was supposed to be an ぁ was being replaced by 縺. And not only that, every Hiragana wes replaced by numerous Kanji with the radical 糸...
And just when I was about to lose my patience (I even tried modifying the tables), out of sudden, I finally picked the ASCII table
, and WHAM! All the Kana were sitting there, displaying nicely (I actually tried the ASCII table last night, but the thing was, I scrolled down to see the texts (and I was equally disappointed), but I hadn't thought of searching the hex value of a font and changing the table from there since I had already pinpointed the hex values of certain fonts):.
One headache's solved (that's great
). However, I didn't find any dialogue scripts at all
, and the stupid Kanji is still showing at random and bizarre places... I did try to use the savestate method as shown here
[dead link], but I don't know if I'm doing it right since I could not view the .PIC file for goodness' sake (tried psxmem & executor, but to no avail).