logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

88444628 visitors

Author Topic: Anyone Currently Playing Minelvaton Saga?  (Read 1536 times)

Klaviaturist

• View Profile
    • Midnight Sunrise Band
Anyone Currently Playing Minelvaton Saga?
« on: March 15, 2012, 06:27:42 pm »
I am old school and am having a lot of fun with this game, but I am having a ton of issues as to what to do next. I asssume I am a good portion of the way through considering that I have been playing the game for about 6 hours and have grinded my levels to over 70. But I am simply stuck at this point and some sort of a guide would be appreciated.
If anyone has played through the game let me know and I will describe my issue.
Just a guy that likes horror flicks.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Currently Playing Minelvaton Saga?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 07:16:56 pm »
You'd probably be more likely to get a response if you describe your position here.
Sir Howard Stringer, chief executive of Sony, on Christmas sales of the PS3:
"It's a little fortuitous that the Wii is running out of hardware."

Klaviaturist

• View Profile
    • Midnight Sunrise Band
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 07:31:02 pm »
Good point.

Well, under "relics" I have the holy ship, protect charm, rusty key, and the dark tome. I have no spells. I have Evvy and Joe in my party. I have gone all over the map with the ship and I can't seem to advance the game any further. Unless I am simply missing something that I have overlooked.

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 08:01:18 pm »
Gosh... that was REALLY long ago... What was the last plot-related event you came through?
But from what I remember, Dark Tome is used somewhere near the end of the game.
http://www.geocities.co.jp/AnimeComic-Cell/7589/game/minelvatonsaga00.html
Here's the brief walkthrough in Japanese - it has all the main milestones covered, so at least, it can show you the way to go.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:14:36 pm by aishsha »

Klaviaturist

• View Profile
    • Midnight Sunrise Band
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 08:11:40 pm »
Gosh... that was REALLY long ago... What was the last plot-related event you came through?

I just dropped off the magician in the northern part of the map at a temple and he gave me the protect charm. I also liberated Arkasas and got the rusty key that apparently you need to use in the Ice Cave or something like that. The thing is I don't know what to do with the rest of the relics I have and I have no idea how to get to the ice cave to use the rusty key. That is pretty much where I am. Also, Aishsha, I sent you an email regarding the patch.

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 08:16:45 pm »
Just looked it through. Darn, I thought I solved that in the last patch version... Can you provide me a save state for FCEUX? FC file I mean.
Update: Regarding your last issue - you need to find the Ice Doll at the Ice Palace. As I remember, you can reach that cave-castle by a river. It should be somewhere to the north from Arkasas, as I remember. You also need the Witch's Mark to enter the Palace, I think. Have you found the town of Ish?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:22:03 pm by aishsha »

Klaviaturist

• View Profile
    • Midnight Sunrise Band
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 08:26:53 pm »
Just looked it through. Darn, I thought I solved that in the last patch version... Can you provide me a save state for FCEUX? FC file I mean.
Update: Regarding your last issue - you need to find the Ice Doll at the Ice Palace. As I remember, you can reach that cave-castle by a river. It should be somewhere to the north from Arkasas, as I remember. You also need the Witch's Mark to enter the Palace, I think. Have you found the town of Ish?

Yes, I have found the town of Ish but haven't been able to find where the Witch's Mark is located. I downloaded the map and the manual. The  map has been a huge help. Also, I will send you the save state here shortly so keep an eye on your email.

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 08:31:26 pm »
Do you remember Izam? The Temple of Thor. His beloved one is the witch living in the swamps near Ish. Take him to her and you'll get you mark. One other question - when did you download the patch? Because, I do remember I corrected the lines flowing through the windows here and there in the last version.

Klaviaturist

• View Profile
    • Midnight Sunrise Band
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 08:38:13 pm »
Do you remember Izam? The Temple of Thor. His beloved one is the witch living in the swamps near Ish. Take him to her and you'll get you mark. One other question - when did you download the patch? Because, I do remember I corrected the lines flowing through the windows here and there in the last version.

Hmm, I believe I downloaded the patch around the time you released it. Sometime last year. I didn't really like the game at first and yesterday decided to give it a second chance. Really nifty game actually.

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 08:54:39 pm »
The patch was then updated - I've sent you the recent one - that will solve the issues you're having )

Klaviaturist

• View Profile
    • Midnight Sunrise Band
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 10:48:38 pm »

Back to the game. I never found Izam or the Temple of Thor. I know where the witch is but the map doesn't show where The Temple of Thor is.

March 15, 2012, 11:44:00 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Man, tough game but I finally found Thors Temple. Didn't realize it was the temple way down on the South West.  After all of this I may actually write a walkthrough for the game as there is none around that I could find.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:44:00 pm by Klaviaturist »

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 11:50:12 pm »
Just talk to the people in the towns you find. All of them. They DO talk useful tips.

Klaviaturist

• View Profile
    • Midnight Sunrise Band
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 12:09:33 am »
Just talk to the people in the towns you find. All of them. They DO talk useful tips.

I have noticed playing through the game that after every major event that almost all the NPC's in the game change what they say to help you figure out what to do next. Really, the most difficult part of the game is staying alive and simply locating where to go on the map since the map doesn't show everything. Also something of interest I noticed. One of the few codes I found on the game was a title screen code that enables your characters to move much faster. But the code seems to come also with a "no random encounter" feature. Not sure if that was intentional but for those that want to fly through the game I am sure it will help.