logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

82402312 visitors

Author Topic: Original Shin megami tensei ported to apple app store with graphics upgrade. JP  (Read 1633 times)

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shin-megami-tensei/id501271388?mt=8

So wonder if we will get an english release or maybe its easier to translate this version than the psx or gba version. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:04:08 pm by Piotyr »

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
To the JAPANESE app store you mean.  You had me all WTF an' shit with the title.

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
To the JAPANESE app store you mean.

Nope. It's on the American one as well. $13, if you want to drop that money down for it.
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
I feel like they're targeting the wrong demographic here.

This would have made a better DS game.

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
Rpgs are fine for touch pads because the controls are okay to be touch oriented.

Validus

• View Profile
I hate topic creator for leading me on

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
That's not what I meant.  I meant that 99% of iPhone users want shit like Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds.  If Atlus wanted to sell an original SMT remake like this, I think it would have sold better for DS a few years ago.

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
Nope. It's on the American one as well. $13, if you want to drop that money down for it.

It's still in Japanese though, check the linked customer reviews.

Dank: Pretty sure there WAS a GBA remake, so they already milked that cow. The graphics look like it might be from that version too. Probably didn't cost much and in Japan people might buy differently than over here.

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
The graphics are an upgrade of the gba port. They removed the washed out brightness of the colors that were common in gba games and just touched everything up really.

Snatcher

• Vereor Nox
    • View Profile
Sadly Shin Megami Tensei I, II, & if... have never had a US releases, so I don't think we will get this one either. :( (hope I'm wrong though)

Edit: For anyone that's interested I looked inside the game file, it does look like a modified GBA ROM, it even uses a "gbasram" for the save file. Could be a type of GBA emulator. :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:18:45 pm by Snatcher »
"This is a work of fiction. If you find any relation to real people, events, or locations, then you are obviously on crack."
-Kishimoto Masashi

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
HAHAHA Terrible! I hate that companies emulator rather than actually port games! I wonder if we can convert it back to a gba rom hahaha.

Snatcher

• Vereor Nox
    • View Profile
They separated the music from the game, so it won't play in an emulator. You can play the music files though, they are in .ogg format.

Oh-well, hopefully they'll decide to release it in the states. :thumbsup:
"This is a work of fiction. If you find any relation to real people, events, or locations, then you are obviously on crack."
-Kishimoto Masashi

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
Oh boy. Hope this doesn't become a trend. In the states with no translation... And I thought announcing Puyo Puyo 2 for VC was goofy enough. SMT is text riddled. :-\
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:20:27 pm by tc »
I have a blog and forums. Ask me for details. Contributors are welcome and highly encouraged!

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
They separated the music from the game, so it won't play in an emulator. You can play the music files though, they are in .ogg format.

Oh-well, hopefully they'll decide to release it in the states. :thumbsup:

Are they arranged mixes? And couldn't we just code a special emulator like they do for those arcade boards?
If they are the arranged mixes like the OSt I would like them

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
It's still in Japanese though, check the linked customer reviews.

Dank: Pretty sure there WAS a GBA remake, so they already milked that cow. The graphics look like it might be from that version too. Probably didn't cost much and in Japan people might buy differently than over here.

Well, yeah, I didn't say that it got translated. I guess what I wrote led to ambiguity. Oh well.

I do hope that there will be an English version, but somehow, I doubt it. The originals seem to get shafted by Atlus, although they could easily sell a lot of copies on iOS if they reduced the pricing... and probably made it easier... :P (And for some, that's not a bad thing when it comes to the original SMT. Jeez!)
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

Ryusui

• IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!!!
    • View Profile
    • Homepage and DevBlog
They wouldn't have to change the difficulty, just make a few concessions to modern SMT. Like adding the Compendium to the Cathedral of Shadows.
Chiriyuku polaroid, atsumete paranoia...tsugi wa dare no ban da oshiete hoshii...

Fukanzen na jittai ni yorisoi nemureba...understand mieru darou!