logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

84014268 visitors

Author Topic: Interesting anti-Chinese government propaganda being stamped on bills  (Read 2096 times)

MisterJones

• :D
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting anti-Chinese government propaganda being stamped on bills
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 12:38:52 pm »
I find the  sterilization notion outright fascist and easily exploitable by the people in charge of it. So no thanks.
_-|-_

Kyrael Seraphine

• Iiiiiii want your sooouuuulllllll...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 02:27:50 pm »
Oh, it is. And it is.

It's still a wonderful dream, though, to have less people everywhere. 'Cause everything on this planet works, except for all the, you know, people.

I mean, hell. Someone voted for Santorum. A sizeable group of someones.

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 02:44:13 pm »
You can call it fascism, I call it forward thinking.

There's simply too many of us already.  How long before the scales are tipped to unsustainable?  And then what?  Massive population death tolls occur.  Many future people will suffer and die from a lack of proper resources (not just food, a myriad of other needs unmet).  But that situation is somehow more humane than never having them born at all?  Well I'm afraid I disagree.  And if that makes me a fascist so be it.

ded302

• View Profile
    • Ded302's site.
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 03:11:48 pm »
Facism can be defined by extreme nationalism,extreme hatred against a gathering of people, and very war like attitudes.
Visit my site at http://www.dedtech.com/Games for updates on my projects.
Current projects: Illusion City.

I.S.T.

• Forum Moderator
  • I AM NO-AVATAR MAN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 02:54:02 am »
You can call it fascism, I call it forward thinking.

There's simply too many of us already.  How long before the scales are tipped to unsustainable?  And then what?  Massive population death tolls occur.  Many future people will suffer and die from a lack of proper resources (not just food, a myriad of other needs unmet).  But that situation is somehow more humane than never having them born at all?  Well I'm afraid I disagree.  And if that makes me a fascist so be it.

that won't last. Birth rates go down as a country gets more and more developed overall.  The reason the US population is still growing at the rate it is is due to the sheer amount of immigration we have.

As for the economic discussion: one of the things china's done to keep its economy going is to build ghost towns.

The following link is very, very long, so you might not want to watch all of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPILhiTJv7E

Long story short: China as it stands right now is the mother of all bubbles. Whether they can change that or not is what should be debated.
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/12534 The Dragon Thing To Do: The Dragon Creed

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 08:14:23 am »
I.S.T. I thought we had an agreement?

Whatever.

I could list a bunch of counter-links and argue my stance, but it's not worth anybody's time.  Honestly, I would like to be wrong about the things you pointed out.  I'll give you China, they are on a huge bubble.  But the birthrate thing I unfortunately have to disagree with.

SargeSmash

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 11:16:47 am »
I just find the idea of forced sterilization to be atrocious.  It's getting uncomfortably close to eugenics.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  -- Mark 8:36