logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

84031379 visitors

Author Topic: Translations: Sakura Wars (PC) Getting an English Overhaul.  (Read 18951 times)

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Sakura Wars (PC) Getting an English Overhaul.
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 01:34:27 pm »
I've heard this problem allot and from what it sounds like the PC version is just cheap like this. It was made for windows 95/98 and it has trouble running on anything other then that. I've never messed with it so all I can really say is try messing with the compatibility settings. Though that probably won't do much.
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

RetasuNeko

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 07:43:50 pm »
Ah, really? That does help some. I tried making it 'compatible' with Vista, but I guess I didn't go back far enough...thanks.

jmurjeff

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 04:54:32 am »
Okay, so can someone help me out? I managed to obtain SW for PC and it installed okay but it keeps crashing when I try to run it. I can mess with the settings and it will play the opening video, as well as the one it plays when it first starts the game, but if I try to click anything or press anything when the start-of-game video plays it will freeze--then it freezes when the start-of-game video is over...

If the compatibility thing did not work, you might want to try downloading a codec pack. A few times games are trying to play certain movies and if you cannot play them the game won't work after that point. Are the colors ok? If they are inverted you need to disable direct draw if possible.

RetasuNeko

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 09:49:07 pm »
If the compatibility thing did not work, you might want to try downloading a codec pack. A few times games are trying to play certain movies and if you cannot play them the game won't work after that point. Are the colors ok? If they are inverted you need to disable direct draw if possible.

The colors are fine. Is it possible you could direct me to a codec pack?

caddyalan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 12:50:45 pm »
The discussion thread on GameFAQs has been quiet. I know that some fan translations progress slowly, and that it's best to be patient. But this is the first time in two years that a translation of a Sakura Wars game has seemed possible. Hopefully compatibility issues in Windows aren't a problem. Sega remade Sakura Wars 1 for Windows several times, and the most recent version was published in 2007.

Also, I don't know if a recent fan effort on Facebook to get the PC versions of games 1-4 localized for digital distribution will work out. Not many people bought Sakura Wars 5 on PS2, and even fewer bought the Wii version. Would it make money through today's distribution services, where it's rare to see any cute games or translated games?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 02:24:16 pm »
Really? The PS2 version sold better than the Wii version? I'm surprised, I'd think by 2010 most people would've stopped looking for new PS2 games.
Then again, with the Wii's shovelware reputation... :P
Sir Howard Stringer, chief executive of Sony, on Christmas sales of the PS3:
"It's a little fortuitous that the Wii is running out of hardware."

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 10:39:11 am »
Honestly it doesn't surprise me that much. The PS2 version was only sold in a big special edition box, which made it $10 more then the Wii version. The most important extra it had was that it included two copy's of the game, one with the English dub and one with the Japanese dub with English subtitles (it was a DVD9 to begin with, so they didn't have room to just put both tracks on one disk). The Wii version was just strait up English with no nice box and no poor mans art book (I also heard that the Wii port isn't exactly perfect).
The type of people that would want to buy Sakura Wars are the type that have been waiting for it to come out since the Saturn, love Japanese dubs and love big box's to put on their shelf :P

...or your like me and didn't know about the franchise until this game came out in English, bought it on the PS2 only to play it with the English dub, and bought the game purely because it was a new PS2 game in 2010. Which is arguably the last game worth talking about on the system.
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

spawncalibur

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2013, 06:10:39 pm »
Any update on this? Does translator have a site or blog?

ericm

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2013, 09:14:20 am »
Bump

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2013, 10:44:14 am »
Please don't do that.
Sir Howard Stringer, chief executive of Sony, on Christmas sales of the PS3:
"It's a little fortuitous that the Wii is running out of hardware."