logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

71344735 visitors

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Fantasy Tactics 1.3 RELEASE!  (Read 7424 times)

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Fantasy Tactics 1.3 RELEASE!
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 02:55:26 am »
I already did. Content has 1.3's modified battle setups for everything, just without the level scaling and gear scaling. It is quite a bit easier, but the storyline and all random setups are there.
Ah ok you didn't make it clear that the modded set ups were there. Does 1.3 scale gear? I don't think it does but I think it scales levels slightly.

Archael

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 05:15:41 am »
The original 1.3 mod (the hard one) scales levels and gear. FFT Content 1.3 (the non hard one) does not scale levels, and their gear is lightly randomized based on the current point in the story the enemy unit is placed in. Otherwise, they are identical content-wise, including the custom formations.

DoomSwell

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 07:41:40 am »
Mostly I like the patch. I just wish Orbonne, Gariland, and Mandalia were more fair, bosses didnt have MoveHP up, and that it didnt update every week.

Archael

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 07:44:00 am »
Which bosses have Move HP UP? Are you talking about Lezales in the intro battle? C'mon man  :laugh:

Aquillion

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 08:04:06 am »
It's a shame calculators had to be removed.  I understand why (yeah, they'd have been hard to balance), but they were also something unique, and it was just fun to use them in odd ways -- I have fond memories of carefully positioning my party on a handful of stumps in a mostly-flat swamp, then nuking the flat level repeatedly to kill everything.  It encouraged weird approaches to levels like that.

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 02:14:02 pm »
I quite like the Sage, he stat effects and doesn't afraid of anything

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 10:25:25 pm »
You should add you FFT Content 1.3.0.4 to romhacking.net as well if you haven't done so already.

Archael

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 02:07:43 am »
You should add you FFT Content 1.3.0.4 to romhacking.net as well if you haven't done so already.

I haven't done so, but I feel that an entire new project page just for that would be too much, I mean, its basically a normal difficulty version of the same hack

I'm going to add the link to FFT Content 1.3.0.4 to the main 1.3 project page so that people don't have to look through the replies here or elsewhere to find it

thanks for the suggestion

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 04:20:52 pm »
What I care about most is... err... are the Boss monsters tougher this time? I remember all the times I played the games, and they were wusses for the most part.

Queklain: Too easy!
Velius: Now THIS guy was challenging!
Zalera: Too easy!
Adramelach: A joke!
Hashmalam: Give me a break!
Altima: ANTI-CLIMACTIC TO THE MAX! EASIEST FINAL BOSS EVER!

Yeah, except for Velius, they were ALL pushovers. If at least THIS is fixed, I might try this hack out.

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 05:22:19 pm »
What I care about most is... err... are the Boss monsters tougher this time? I remember all the times I played the games, and they were wusses for the most part.

Queklain: Too easy!
Velius: Now THIS guy was challenging!
Zalera: Too easy!
Adramelach: A joke!
Hashmalam: Give me a break!
Altima: ANTI-CLIMACTIC TO THE MAX! EASIEST FINAL BOSS EVER!

Yeah, except for Velius, they were ALL pushovers. If at least THIS is fixed, I might try this hack out.
Try the hack, you will be happy.

I.S.T.

• Submission Reviewer
  • I AM NO-AVATAR MAN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 06:13:16 pm »
Easiest final boss is Sigma in MMX6. You have to try to screw up there. There's no way it can kill you on his own.
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/12534 The Dragon Thing To Do: The Dragon Creed

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 08:04:29 pm »
Try the hack, you will be happy.

Okay, but I'm still unsure.

The faq says I need a copy of the original game. Okay, check. Then I need to make an ISO for it. I'm not sure my computer has the room. Then I need to burn it onto a CD. I have NEVER gotten hacked games to work on my Playstation. I have a device that "supposedly" lets me play them, but I never got it to work.

Lenophis

• IRC Staff
  • The return of the sombrero!
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 09:09:29 pm »
Easiest final boss is Sigma in MMX6. You have to try to screw up there.
Try that fight using no armor or the Blade Armor. You'll find yourself in a struggle for your life. :'(

Archael

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 11:05:19 pm »
The faq says I need a copy of the original game. Okay, check. Then I need to make an ISO for it. I'm not sure my computer has the room. Then I need to burn it onto a CD. I have NEVER gotten hacked games to work on my Playstation. I have a device that "supposedly" lets me play them, but I never got it to work.

Your computer must have the room (about 550 MB) to hold the ISO long enough for you to patch it. The patch itself is 9.4 MB. The FAQ is very detailed in what you need to do with the patching program, which is available for download on the site or by googling it. Once patched, you have two options of playing the 1.3 ISO: Either you run on your computer with an emulator (such as EPSXE), or you burn the patched 1.3 ISO unto a CD for playing on your Playstation. I believe your PS1 will need to be modded for it to run modded ISO's such as 1.3.

Regarding your concern about Zodiac bosses being too easy, if you can get 1.3 working, you won't be dissapointed. The full version of this mod has made many, many, many people rage all over the internet (so much that I was convinced to generate an easier version of it, called 1.3 Content). You won't be dissapointed. And once you defeat those, there's always the 1.3 Deep Dungeon.

I.S.T.

• Submission Reviewer
  • I AM NO-AVATAR MAN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 11:59:10 pm »
Try that fight using no armor or the Blade Armor. You'll find yourself in a struggle for your life. :'(

I have. Blade Armor's ultimate attack slaughters him, and the makeshift ultimate attack for bare X also slaughters him. Was not like that in previous X games.
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/12534 The Dragon Thing To Do: The Dragon Creed

Jarlaxle

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 06:21:03 pm »
Bloody awesome. Cheers for this, Archael and whomever else was involved. Appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 02:48:18 am by Jarlaxle »

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2011, 01:33:40 pm »
500 Megs is a LOT of space. All I have left on my own computer is 200 or so megs. I'll try to get it on my mom's computer or a thumb drive.

I.S.T.

• Submission Reviewer
  • I AM NO-AVATAR MAN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2011, 06:27:25 pm »
I would clear some stuff out unless you have a PC that's over a decade old... Your HD cannot perform properly with that little space. That will lead to your entire system slowing down.

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2011, 09:17:23 pm »
Well, I might try it on my Mom's computer. Her computer has MUCH more space and is newer than my computer.

Stabwound

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 12:52:29 pm »
500 Megs is a LOT of space. All I have left on my own computer is 200 or so megs. I'll try to get it on my mom's computer or a thumb drive.
At first I almost thought someone had bumped a thread from 1999.

500MB is a LOT of space? In which decade?  :laugh: