logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

78001506 visitors

Author Topic: Good specs for the Dolphin emu...  (Read 999 times)

Kronus_Arm

• Act like a baddass, whine like a sissy.
    • View Profile
Good specs for the Dolphin emu...
« on: September 17, 2011, 11:16:54 pm »
Can someone recommend me a good computer setup for running backuped Wii games via Dolphin with good speed/FPS?

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
Re: Good specs for the Dolphin emu...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 03:55:47 am »
The fastest you can get. Most games (by far not all) run full speed for me with a i5-2500k, which is pretty close to the fastest you can get, not yet overclocked though. So I guess no matter how fast you get, some games just won't run good enough yet.

SargeSmash

• View Profile
Re: Good specs for the Dolphin emu...
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 08:46:26 pm »
Yeah, I've got an Alienware M11x R2 (mobile i7, 1.8-2.2 GHz on turbo boost), and it sputters quite a bit on Wind Waker.  I've not actually tried any other games, yet, and I've also not overclocked, which would help.  But yeah, you want some good specs.

I should dig through my collection in retrospect, and try out another game to see if it works.  Or...  anyone know how well (or if) Xenoblade works?  I'd actually like to give it a shot before I burn the money to import it.  After all, I might not like it.  As has been the case with other RPGs that come highly recommended, although I must admit this one looks great.

EDIT:  Well, screw that.  I just gave in and ordered the game.  It's actually relatively cheap on thehut.com (or zavvi.com), exchange rate comes out to just under $50.  Not bad at all, provided they don't mess up the order or my credit card.  I intentionally used my low-limit card in case something goes terribly awry.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:57:14 pm by SargeSmash »
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  -- Mark 8:36