logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

84312313 visitors

Author Topic: [Help] 8 Eyes(J) story  (Read 1438 times)

Vanya

• View Profile
[Help] 8 Eyes(J) story
« on: July 28, 2011, 01:31:42 am »
Need this translated for a project I'm doing. Supposedly it's an explanation of the story for the Japanese version of 8 Eyes.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ^___^

ストーリー (<--- yes, I know that says 'Story')

19世紀末、バルカン半島。ヨーロッパ列強のパワーバランスの上で、かろうじて余命をたもっていたオスマン・トルコ帝国にも、存亡の影が色こくさしかけ ていた。「バルカンの火薬庫」と呼ばれるほど密集していた様々な紛争の種子が、今やいっせいに火をふこうとしていたのである。自由アルメニア軍によるテロ や、要人暗殺などは、すでに日常茶飯事であった。政府の威厳は地に落ち、悲観的な噂や憶測がとびかうなか、オスマン・トルコを保護領としている大英帝国に とって、治安の回復が最大の急務となる事件が発生した。
  発見されたばかりの遺跡群を発掘するため、大英博物館から派遣された学術調査隊が、盗賊団におそわれて全滅、出土品をふくむいっさいの資料がうばわれた のである。隊員全員の頭部はなく、腹部を裂かれて死んでおり、その残虐な手口から、犯人は悪魔崇拝で知られる女盗賊、ルース・グランディエを頭目とする一 団であると知れた。
  一方、ロンドンの王立紋章院では、ルース一味が出土品のみならず、発掘日誌の類まで持ちさったことに大きな危機感をいだいていた。大英博物館の資料からその存在が推定されていたこの遺跡には、中東の宗教史を根底からくつがえす悪魔の秘密がかくされていたのである。
  堕天使ルシフェルの落し子と名乗るルースたちに、悪魔復活の邪法を使わせてはならない。紋章院第七部会(後のMI5)は、紋章院付武官にして、第十七近衛連隊少佐であるバロネット(準男爵)ジュリアン・ジェイムス・ボンド卿を派遣することに決定した。
  かくして、エペ、フルーレともに、その剣技では全英一といわれたボンド卿は、はい刀マザーグースと、愛鷹カットラスをともに、単身バルカン半島に潜入した。

geishaboy

• View Profile
    • The Retro Underground
Re: [Help] 8 Eyes(J) story
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 08:49:54 am »
A nice big block of text to get my teeth into. It's not a perfect translation, but it's better than nothing. People comparing the Japanese text with my translation will probably notice I took a few liberties here and there. Anyways, here you go:

The Balkan peninsula at the end of the 19th century. Due to the balance of power amoung the major European leaders, a dark shadow of death fell over the Ottoman Empire which now hardly had any time left. The peninsula was being called "Balkans Powder Keg", as the seeds of trouble and conflict were now on their way to start sprouting into flames. Terror attacks and assassinations from the Armenian Revolutionary Federation had become an everyday occurrence. The dignity of the government was destroyed, pessimistic rumours and speculations were everywhere. For the British Empire, who were acting as the Ottomans protectorate, the task of restoring public order had quickly become the top priority.

The scientific reconnaissance team, which was dispatched by the Museum of Britian to excavate some newly discovered historic ruins, was attacked and wiped out by a group of bandits. All of their materials, including artifacts, were lost. The dead team members were found decapitated and their abdomens cut open. Such was the cruel trademark of a female clan of devil worshipping bandits and their leader, Ruth Grandia.

Far away at London's Royal College of Arms, a feeling of impending danger came over the institution. The sect of Ruth's clan had gotten their hands on not only the artifacts, but the excavation diaries as well. The secret of a demon that could overturn the core of Middle Eastern Religion is hidden in ancient ruins that's existence was alluded to within the stolen diaries. Ruth's clan, who called themselves Lucifer's Lost Children, must not be allowed to use the black arts of demon resurrection. The Seventh Chapter of the College of Arms (later known as the M15) decided to attache and dispatch Baronette Julian James Bond, lieutenant commander of the 17th Company of the Royal Guard.

Thus with epee and foil, Lord Bond, who was said to be the greatest swordsman in all of England, together with his longsword Mother Goose on his back and his Falcon Cutlass in his hand, infiltrated the Balkan Peninsula alone.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 12:43:43 pm by geishaboy »

MontyMole

• No fun in the USA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 10:37:29 am »
Couple of things there:

I would render it as the British Museum instead of Museum Of Britain as its an actual place (incidentally the only museum rendered like that I can think of in the same area, is the Museum Of London).

For Julian Bonds title it's Baronet instead of Baronette.   Looking on Wikipedia for Baronet, it seems we could legitimately call him Sir James, so if you want that as the last part where he sets out with his epee in hand you can.
Germans (Journal).
.Chuyewb (Youtube)
it's not the official way and relies on luck\randomized placement of bears. USC

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 05:39:07 pm »
Excellent work guys!! I really appreciate it. ^____^
In addition I think I'll go ahead and add this info to the various wiki pages about 8 Eyes for poserity.