logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

78657531 visitors

Author Topic: Fan campaign to get Xenoblade and other Wii games released.  (Read 9422 times)

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
Re: Fan campaign to get Xenoblade and other Wii games released.
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 11:30:53 pm »
I'm getting really curious about Xenoblade. I'm not sure if it's the same game I saw on display when I was in Japan, but if it is, it looked amazing. But it requires the motion plus, doesn't it?

Or am I thinking about Reig... Reigneive? Reignif? Blah. I'll just go away now.
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

SargeSmash

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 12:21:43 am »
I'm getting really curious about Xenoblade. I'm not sure if it's the same game I saw on display when I was in Japan, but if it is, it looked amazing. But it requires the motion plus, doesn't it?

Or am I thinking about Reig... Reigneive? Reignif? Blah. I'll just go away now.
It's Reginleiv.  Don't think I'm special, I had to look it up, too.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  -- Mark 8:36

Cryomancer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 04:17:19 am »
I'd rather have Reginleiv, but that's just my D3/sandlot fanboy speaking.
weird video game comic translations:
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2011, 08:16:01 am »
Reginleiv is awesome too, agreed.   But I see no way possible NoA would ever publish that game on these shores, what with the panty shots and gory dismemberment and such.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2011, 08:18:32 am »
Based on the reaction in this topic, if I were Nintendo, I'd use this whole thing as PR stunt and leverage to increase interest in Xenoblade. It would probably boost sales for them so long as in the end they did end up releasing it and they are just pretending they aren't. :)
TransCorp - Over 15 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Herakles IV SFC/SNES Translations

SargeSmash

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2011, 10:29:25 am »
Based on the reaction in this topic, if I were Nintendo, I'd use this whole thing as PR stunt and leverage to increase interest in Xenoblade. It would probably boost sales for them so long as in the end they did end up releasing it and they are just pretending they aren't. :)
You know, you might just be on to something.  :)
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  -- Mark 8:36

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2011, 10:38:35 am »
They aren't that smart.  NoA is run by bean counting number crunchers.  Not trolling tactical geniuses.

FaustWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 12:40:18 am »
Ahh, crap...

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1179222p1.html

So it's official. Ha, I guess this means US fans will just have to wait until there's a Wii emulator.  :laugh:
Verve Fanworks: We shall shew thee here the force of our arms!

What Defines A Monster?

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011, 12:42:34 am »
Ahh, crap...

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1179222p1.html

So it's official. Ha, I guess this means US fans will just have to wait until there's a Wii emulator.  :laugh:

http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/
What sayest thou, o fool? I say that religion hath done my bidding for me- while ye pretend free will exists, ye take it away and convert by force. Such is ye, who do my work.

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2011, 12:42:34 am »
Nah, since it's stupid-easy to softmod a Wii and just as easy to region spoof, we can just pirate the European versions. Which I, at least, wholeheartedly endorse - if they're not willing to sell it to me locally, I shouldn't be willing to pay extra to get it from somewhere else.

Nintendo won't be getting any of my money on *anything* anytime soon. I can do without the latest Zelda.

Ryusui

• IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!!!
    • View Profile
    • Homepage and DevBlog
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2011, 12:47:37 am »
Normally I'd just shrug and say "meh," but I can't let this jackassery slide. I've already posted on my blog about this fiasco, and I really do hope the Operation Rainfall guys have another ace up their sleeve.

If Nintendo won't publish these games Stateside, they should at least let someone who will publish them have them for cheap. Xenoblade's got a localization and everything - Nintendo of America just doesn't have the brains to publish it over here.
Chiriyuku polaroid, atsumete paranoia...tsugi wa dare no ban da oshiete hoshii...

Fukanzen na jittai ni yorisoi nemureba...understand mieru darou!

FaustWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2011, 12:49:52 am »
Ooh! :beer:

I guess I'm just not getting why Nintendo of America doesn't go with the English translation that's already being released in Europe. Dragon Quest VIII fared quite well with the European-English cast back in the day, IMO. I'd even consider the accents a bonus.
Verve Fanworks: We shall shew thee here the force of our arms!

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 08:41:45 am »

“Thank you for your enthusiasm. We promised an update, so here it is. We never say ‘never,’ but we can confirm that there are no plans to bring these three games to the Americas at this time. Thanks so much for your passion, and for being such great fans!”

Unfiltered that says:

"Thanks for dragging our name through the mud in all the VG blogs.  We told you once, so we'll tell you again.  We never say 'never' because usually that makes you whiny twats shut the hell up, yet because you're extra whiny this time we'll tell you again WE DON'T RELEASE LESS THAN A MILLION SELLERS IN THE USA.  We don't negotiate with PR terrorists either, but thanks for keeping us afloat back in the 80's and 90's!"

-

Hate to say "I told you so" about this, but, yeah.  Face it, NoA doesn't give a shit about anything but the bottom line anymore.  I blame it all on management.  I still believe in NoJ and NoE gets a big hell yeah from me.  But NoA, is deader than dead in my book, and gets no more of my monies.

How's this for stupid, Iwata recently said:

"Wii was not accepted by core gamers because they did not want to abandon their preferred control approach."*

No, it was because NoA wouldn't let us have half the good games.  The Wii in the USA was marketed towards the casual, of course the core was going to snub it.

The only saving grace of this fiasco; it will come back down the road to bite NoA in the ass.  Bet on it.

* http://games.slashdot.org/story/11/06/30/068209/Nintendo-Trying-To-Win-Back-Core-Gamers-With-Wii-U

Idkbutlike2

• Beer Chozo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 10:57:28 am »
Oh yeah, who's gonna do the biting other than a bunch of hardcore RPG fans?

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 11:10:14 am »
A bunch of RPG fans gave Sony a foothold during the PS1 era.

Idkbutlike2

• Beer Chozo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 11:25:33 am »
Pft, if anything Sony gave RPG fans a foothold during the PS1 era. The PS1 had a huge variety of games on it and despite the three Final Fantasy titles on it being some the of the best-selling games on the console, I'm pretty sure it would have done well with or without them.

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 11:27:31 am »
Honestly, after putting up a post saying "Stay tuned for more on Operation Rainfall and our answer", it is insulting to come back later on and say "Hey, you remember that shred of hope we gave you? No, here!" *rip* "There's your last shred of hope; have fun with it."

The very least they could have done was warn us that the news was probably going to be negative. We don't want your thanks for being "incredible" fans. You're losing these incredible fans by being stupid.

And if you DO release these games stateside, I can only hope you try to give them some attention as well; you can't just release the games here, tell no one and then cry because no one bought them.

I will buy Zelda: Skyward Sword, because I'm a huge fan of the Zelda series, but this is just disappointing. I understood the reason for Mother 3 not coming to the US. The Batman theme was a huge tipoff. But these games? Seriously? They look "hardcore" enough.

Also, can anyone tell me what happened to Reginleiv as well? That's one other game Operation Rainfall should be asking for.

You guys get complaints about the Wii being for little kids, but you're not helping matters much, Nintendo.

On their official page about this thing. Hopefully they see that I instil some thought into their brains. Unfortunately, I doubt their company has as much communication as the one I work in.
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

DankPanties

• retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 11:32:43 am »
Pft, if anything Sony gave RPG fans a foothold during the PS1 era. The PS1 had a huge variety of games on it and despite the three Final Fantasy titles on it being some the of the best-selling games on the console, I'm pretty sure it would have done well with or without them.

I'm sorry, but I'm seeing this situation through dork vision, and therefore your logic no matter how impeccable remains incorrect.

Idkbutlike2

• Beer Chozo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 11:42:41 am »
Yep keep telling yourself that buddy. I'll just sit back and watch as Nintendo points and laughs as your useless campaigns and diatribes.

SargeSmash

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 11:53:38 am »
As much as it pains me to say it, there's some truth that they probably wouldn't sell well.  The RPG base for Nintendo systems left a long, long time ago.  Think it might have something to do with SquareSoft jumping ship?  Nah.

In all seriousness, I think it's a silly decision.  But life will go on, as it always does.  Looks like I'll be importing these buggers, if Nintendo doesn't see the light and at least allow someone like Atlus or XSEED to publish the games stateside.  I had honestly given up on these until the European localizations were announced, anyway.