logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

71215999 visitors

Author Topic: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night HACKED (NO! I am not dead. lol)  (Read 24448 times)

Esco

• View Profile
Re: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night HACKED (NO! I am not dead. lol)
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 04:59:33 am »
I put another update up: feel free to check it out on the blog.  8)
Esco.... the original, Nuyorican, Latin Lover! And Creator of the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night hack!

The blog on the Castlevania: SOTN HACKED project: http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com/

blacksniper

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 08:42:53 am »
Ya know, I've been following this hack since it was announced all those years ago and I gotta say I'm really excited about the new direction you are taking. You've got skills Esco and clearly the dedication to see this to its finish and I wish you the absolute best. Thanks a hell of a lot for the time and energy you've put into this project!
---
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Esco

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 03:45:07 am »
I put up a quick FAQ on the blog: everybody please read this FAQ. It will answer many of the most common questions, and keep people from asking me the same question 20 times in a row.  8)

Ya know, I've been following this hack since it was announced all those years ago and I gotta say I'm really excited about the new direction you are taking. You've got skills Esco and clearly the dedication to see this to its finish and I wish you the absolute best. Thanks a hell of a lot for the time and energy you've put into this project!

Thank you for the support! I hope when it comes out that it is everything that you dreamed of and more.  8)

Esco.... the original, Nuyorican, Latin Lover! And Creator of the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night hack!

The blog on the Castlevania: SOTN HACKED project: http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com/

creeperton

• Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
    • View Profile
    • Furdo's Workspace
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 10:22:37 am »
Where is your blog again?  Maybe you should put it in your signature?

Esco

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 03:58:36 am »
Where is your blog again?  Maybe you should put it in your signature?

My bad; I thought I had done so before: http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com/

DrROBschiz

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 08:11:58 am »
Wow this is really cool.

keep up the good work man! I am super excited to try this!

I would love to see a "proof of Concept" video if you have one. The fact that you are rebuilding the game from scratch boggles my mind and has sparked my curiosity as to what it would look and play like.

Haha a side by side comparison video would be fantastic.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 08:19:21 am by DrROBschiz »

Esco

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 04:17:21 am »
Heads up my peoples: the demo richter progress thread has been updated several times. Feel free to check it out.

July 28, 2011, 05:38:23 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Updates posted on the blog..... and this one has several screenshots on it. Here is just one:

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 05:38:25 am by Esco »

Esco

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 04:49:58 am »
The Blog has been updated everyone: a new post is up with my current progress, and I also updated the blog on richter a day or two ago. Feel free to check it out peoples!  8)

DrROBschiz

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 12:43:11 pm »
This has to be the project i am most excited for!

Keep up the good work!

Esco

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 02:23:48 am »
A new update has been placed on the blog. And for those of you with creative talent or artistic skills, I could also use a little help:

Quote from: (cut and pasted from my newest blog post)
If any of you out there have some artistic skills and can come up with an idea to replace the original scrolling sky/water at the bottom of the screen in the intro stage feel free to suggest it. I would be more than happy to see an example of your idea. I honestly don't know if it is supposed to be air or water at this point.

This has to be the project i am most excited for!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks. I hope that everybody enjoys playing it when I am done.  8)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:18:13 pm by Esco »

Esco

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2011, 04:50:52 am »
Sorry for the LOOOOOOOOOOOONG silence (it has been about 12 days), but I placed another update on my blog. Everybody please feel free to check it out.

NOTE: If anyone has any artistic skills here and wants to contribute to the hack/remake, please feel free to send me a U2U here saying so, and detailing what kind of skills you have. Seriously committed people only please.  8)

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 09:27:06 am »
As for the lack of Maria in the game, I believe the PSP version is still the same engine, just loaded and played through a sort of emulation. The PSP version does have Maria and her resources, but some people whine and complain about how she plays in the PSP version. I'd upload those files but I think it'd be the same violation as if I uploaded the ROM.

Esco

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2011, 12:37:13 am »
As for the lack of Maria in the game, I believe the PSP version is still the same engine, just loaded and played through a sort of emulation. The PSP version does have Maria and her resources, but some people whine and complain about how she plays in the PSP version. I'd upload those files but I think it'd be the same violation as if I uploaded the ROM.

If you are referring to files like her gfx, feel free to U2U me a link. I still need some of her gfx (I have all her sounds).

UPDATE: New post added to the blog: and this once comes with a nice, shiny, video! Enjoy!

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2011, 07:42:19 am »
That's very impressive and looks great, keep up the good work!

Esco

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2011, 02:56:58 am »
UPDATE: I put up a new post on the blog; this one talks about the start/load file screens. Check it out peoples.

EDIT: My most recent blog post has been updated with some new info and 2 new pics today. Check it out peoples.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 01:59:41 am by Esco »

DrROBschiz

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 09:27:58 am »
This just keeps looking better every time you post.

fantastic work! I am really surprised you don't have mountains of people asking to help you with this.

Esco

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 04:59:40 pm »
This just keeps looking better every time you post.

fantastic work! I am really surprised you don't have mountains of people asking to help you with this.

Thanks........ and the reason is because most people are lazy and want others to do things for them. I luckily have a few very talented people, who are helping me out with gfx related stuff! And I am very fortunate to have them.  :happy:

Another blog post has been put up: this one is about languages and pad/keyboard support

Also in reference to people requesting japanese voice support (cut and pasted from the blog):

As for Japanese voices, well to be blunt I have had SEVERAL people volunteer to help; thus far none of them have produced anything. I know that several of you out there want to have the option to use these, but I personally do not care about them. So with that being said:

If you guys want japanese voice overs included I will need a SERIOUS volunteer to do the following:

• Be able to understand both japanese and english; this will be necessary for the 2nd and 3rd tasks
  •     Be willing to match up the Japanese dialogue with the american text: I know what clips go where, but the text speed would have to be programmed to match the speech like in SOTN. So in other words the text types out with it's equivalent dialogue. This is very easy to do, but somewhat time consuming. The volunteer would be provided everything that he/she needs. They would then just run the program, and note at what point on the display timer for the sound each bit of text should be typed out at, sentence by sentence (word by word would take too long, IMHO).
  • Lastly, there will be a few sound clips from judgement (maybe 10) that I will need matched with their English equivalent. The same for the PSP version (maybe about 5 here).

Let me make this clear: if I do NOT receive a volunteer to work with the Japanese voices, I WILL NOT BE DOING THEM!

I am willing to take extra steps to make fans happy; but people will need to help me a little with it.  :thumbsup:

Esco

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2011, 04:39:39 am »
An update has been placed up on the blog; this one is about damage and elemental damage calculations for enemies and the player. Check it out everyone!   8)

blacksniper

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2011, 04:25:12 pm »
I love you man, I love you.
---
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Esco

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2011, 08:37:15 pm »
An update has been put up on the blog! This one is a rather small update, with just some basic information. But it does point out something of importance: the fact that I have began working on Dracula's first form!   ;D

Feel free to check it out peoples.

October 26, 2011, 01:58:06 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
An update has been placed on the blog: this one is about the Dracula battle, and what is left before I can finally release a demo. Feel free to check it out my peoples!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 01:58:06 am by Esco »