It's been a while since we've had any public discussion about this one, but now is not the time for talk. It's time for action. That's right, THE
FF6 Hack gets a public demo, and one that is long overdue. What does this mean?
- We're still working on it yet, and we still have a long way to go before it's finished.
- You guys get to rip us once again for what we do and do not have available for play.
Some of the changes you may (or may not) find during this demo:
- A new dungeon!
- 118 bugs fixed, all from the original FF6 game. A special thanks to the many patch authors who released the fixes they did.
- Far too many core changes to improve the game. Having said that, make sure you take a peek in the configuration screen.
- Restoration of lost and removed content, which is mostly contained in dialogue.
- Item changes-- some old, some new, some gone, so look around!
- Several event tweaks, a couple overhauls, and lots of additions. Yes, you will get to experience the Auction House, the Magitek Research Facility, and one banquet in particular.
Going into further detail would be long, boring, and tl;dr. In the end, after four years of work to this date, we think many will be pleased. However, since this is the internet, and for some it's real life, we know that not everyone will be happy with some changes.
On behalf of the whole team, we thank everyone for their patience, their suggestions, and their feedback with this hack.
But enough talk, have at it
! Make sure you read the readme, because nobody can help you if you don't.Relevant Link: