Not.. much of a progress report to say but I have been working on the Remastered project, as has been seen somewhat. I've got the dialogue system in works and a few other things.
But reason why I'm posting in this is because I'm literally redoing the entire Zero Project from the ground up. I had so much code scattered everywhere and I didn't even know where anything went or what it did. So with that, I've been sloppily porting everything into an Excel type sheet to label where the code starts, what it originally did, the new offset and what the code does now. So far, I've gotten Zero playable basically. He can collect everything and use sub-weapons but there's a majority missing now.
Setting his palette Event Swaps
Text For Both
Palette Swaps Armor Loading X/Y coordinates of weapons X/Y coordinates on screen Hyper Chip Removal of Helmet features
I'm slowly working through everything and trying to label it as best as I can so I won't ever have to get lost into my whole mumbo jumbo of a coding mess. Though going through this, I've actually made some drastic improvements. I cut down a huge portion of code down by like 30 bytes and the small ones down by 3-6 bytes. Every little space saved is a great asset.
Edit: Got Zero's palette loading now. Have all the code organized and in a grouped fashion so anything remotely going about Palette's is in one area. Event swapping will be in another. Extra game features will be on it's own. I plan to make Page 2/3 on the Excel sheet to be about what data is easily modified and where it can be changed including things I never touched. Thus, letting people mod it a bit to their liking.
Also, going through some of this, I've fixed a few ancient bugs that never got touched up and added a couple extra things back from the original game. Quite nice going through all of this at a slow but steady pace. It's really paying off.
Edit 2: Also, noted that the code was being ready at 40:8000 as a start instead of 40:0000. So all code changes have accommodated for that. Maybe BSNES will actually work now.
Edit 3: Fixed a horde of palette bugs and also fixed some old bugs I had on the original Zero project. Added a horde new section of code just for NPC's using Busters. It basically is the same as before but it's now dependent on the NPC's location instead of the PC's. Fixes the X/Y coordinate buster bug permanently for the X cut scenes. Also fixed his palette buster bug to boot! I'm trying to finalize everything else right now before some heavy changes. I have a few more X/Y coordinates of characters on certain screens to do then I have to start splitting off the features.. like Helmet, Armor, etc.. Then it'll be onto adding the new text back into the game. Then probably work on sprite assembly once more.