logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

80232477 visitors

Author Topic: Mega Man X3 - Fully Playable Zero (Version 3.0 Back In Progress)  (Read 114084 times)

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Man X3 - Fully Playable Zero [ Complete! ]
« Reply #480 on: March 01, 2012, 10:54:19 am »
o-o I didn't expect it to be an emulator bug at all.  I still doubt that it is but if its fixed then that's fine by me.  One less thing to worry about.

'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 17, 2012, 07:09:31 pm »
I don't know if you already did or not.  I went to Neon Tiger to get Arm upgrade.  I cant get up there so I have to use X to make up air.  Then I change back to Zero.  But dialogue seem same as X.  Did u change it yet for dialogue Zero and Dr. Light yet?  I just follow your readme to use unheader.  So let me know if I miss something or doing wrong while change X to Zero.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 18, 2012, 12:36:09 am »
The dialogue with Zero should freeze up there in the current patch released.

To others, I haven't really worked on this, at all, since the last patch really.  I have fixed the dialogue bugs and altered some strings but I haven't gone above that in the past.. what, month or two?  I've been working on Tales of Phantasia more and trying to keep an interest in Mega Man by taking a break from it.  Also, finally got a job which is taking a LOT of my time now.

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 18, 2012, 09:47:58 am »
U don't mean u make that game turn to psx and gba same thing with skill with b button for up, down, left or right, and just press b?   (TOP)

Where is bug dialogue while talk to dr light?  Head upgrade or body upgrade?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:09:46 am by bradzx »

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 18, 2012, 12:37:10 pm »
The dialogue with Zero should freeze up there in the current patch released.

To others, I haven't really worked on this, at all, since the last patch really.  I have fixed the dialogue bugs and altered some strings but I haven't gone above that in the past.. what, month or two?  I've been working on Tales of Phantasia more and trying to keep an interest in Mega Man by taking a break from it.  Also, finally got a job which is taking a LOT of my time now.

Oh no A JOB?!  Up there with women it's a main reason why rom hackers go on hiatus!

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 18, 2012, 07:58:31 pm »
bsnes user can relax now, it's possible to run this hack.

You'll need to make this xml file, either as manifest.xml if you have the ROM saved as program.rom in a separate directory, or whatever.xml if your ROM is whatever.sfc.

Code

Note: I've only tested this long enough to get past the initial crash on loading text. Other problems may show up later on.

--Moderator edit--
Replaced table-breaking code with URL.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:36:46 pm by Lenophis »
Mauron wuz here.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 19, 2012, 09:39:09 am »
Woah, didn't the rom expansion for the text put the rom over the max size allowed for by bsnes?  How'd you get around that, or am I mistaken?

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 19, 2012, 11:55:25 am »
I'm not entirely sure on the details, but the expansion allowed for larger banks starting at bank 40. Justin had code at $40:0000, but the auto-generated xml file used by bsnes put that data starting at $40:8000.

I'm not sure which is the correct behavior (neither of the Cx4 games I'm aware of actually reach that bank), but an actual xml file overwrites the automatic one, so it has the code at the proper place.
Mauron wuz here.

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #488 on: March 19, 2012, 07:04:53 pm »
I'm not entirely sure on the details, but the expansion allowed for larger banks starting at bank 40. Justin had code at $40:0000, but the auto-generated xml file used by bsnes put that data starting at $40:8000.

I'm not sure which is the correct behavior (neither of the Cx4 games I'm aware of actually reach that bank), but an actual xml file overwrites the automatic one, so it has the code at the proper place.
If I remember addressing correctly, $408000 is $40000. It's just the SNES address for it. I could be off. Maybe it's a way the bank is set up when the file is that large?

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 20, 2012, 12:21:35 am »
If I remember addressing correctly, $408000 is $40000. It's just the SNES address for it. I could be off. Maybe it's a way the bank is set up when the file is that large?

~DS

$400000 is the SNES address. bsnes was mapping the data to the SNES address $40:8000.

I think it has something to do with the ROM expansion, but I don't fully understand it. I just had bsnes map it the way other emulators were with the XML file.
Mauron wuz here.

jbo_85

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 20, 2012, 10:02:38 am »
This xml file should work for bsnes:

Code

--Moderator edit--
Replaced code tag with URL.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:37:40 pm by Lenophis »

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 20, 2012, 02:30:00 pm »
--Moderator edit--
Replaced table-breaking code with URL.

Whoops, didn't see a problem on my end. Sorry for the trouble.
Mauron wuz here.

Lenophis

• IRC Staff
  • The return of the sombrero!
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #492 on: March 20, 2012, 03:55:11 pm »
Whoops, didn't see a problem on my end. Sorry for the trouble.
Wasn't really a problem per sé, but some users experience table-breakage with long code like that, especially on lower resolutions.

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 20, 2012, 04:47:58 pm »
Table breakage is a problem in my book. It makes things a pain to read.

Any idea on when things start to cause problems? If I can judge a post as problematic, I'd avoid using a code tag for it.
Mauron wuz here.

Kiyoshi Aman

• Submission Reviewer
  • Kicking the wind, dood.
    • View Profile
    • Kumiho
« Reply #494 on: March 20, 2012, 08:21:41 pm »
Just set a large font-size and you'll be able to tell when something's going to break the table.

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: March 21, 2012, 11:36:13 pm »
Never mind.  I found bug you mention it.  Music stop and black box still there after end of line.  Oh well.  Better not touch any red upgrade.  Even doolper stage 3.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 22, 2012, 11:04:37 am »
Black Armor capsule works just fine.  It seems to be the chip capsules and the X-Buster capsule with the bugs.

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 31, 2012, 06:29:48 pm »
Oh that good.  Thank for let me know.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 29, 2012, 02:25:46 pm »
Not.. much of a progress report to say but I have been working on the Remastered project, as has been seen somewhat.  I've got the dialogue system in works and a few other things.

But reason why I'm posting in this is because I'm literally redoing the entire Zero Project from the ground up.  I had so much code scattered everywhere and I didn't even know where anything went or what it did.  So with that, I've been sloppily porting everything into an Excel type sheet to label where the code starts, what it originally did, the new offset and what the code does now.  So far, I've gotten Zero playable basically.  He can collect everything and use sub-weapons but there's a majority missing now.

Setting his palette
Event Swaps
Text For Both
Capsule Bugs
Palette Swaps
Armor Loading
X/Y coordinates of weapons
X/Y coordinates on screen
Hyper Chip
Removal of Helmet features
etc..

I'm slowly working through everything and trying to label it as best as I can so I won't ever have to get lost into my whole mumbo jumbo of a coding mess.  Though going through this, I've actually made some drastic improvements.  I cut down a huge portion of code down by like 30 bytes and the small ones down by 3-6 bytes.  Every little space saved is a great asset.

Edit: Got Zero's palette loading now.  Have all the code organized and in a grouped fashion so anything remotely going about Palette's is in one area. Event swapping will be in another.  Extra game features will be on it's own.  I plan to make Page 2/3 on the Excel sheet to be about what data is easily modified and where it can be changed including things I never touched.  Thus, letting people mod it a bit to their liking.

Also, going through some of this, I've fixed a few ancient bugs that never got touched up and added a couple extra things back from the original game.  Quite nice going through all of this at a slow but steady pace.  It's really paying off.

Edit 2: Also, noted that the code was being ready at 40:8000 as a start instead of 40:0000.  So all code changes have accommodated for that.  Maybe BSNES will actually work now.

Edit 3: Fixed a horde of palette bugs and also fixed some old bugs I had on the original Zero project.  Added a horde new section of code just for NPC's using Busters.  It basically is the same as before but it's now dependent on the NPC's location instead of the PC's.  Fixes the X/Y coordinate buster bug permanently for the X cut scenes.  Also fixed his palette buster bug to boot!  I'm trying to finalize everything else right now before some heavy changes.  I have a few more X/Y coordinates of characters on certain screens to do then I have to start splitting off the features.. like Helmet, Armor, etc..  Then it'll be onto adding the new text back into the game.  Then probably work on sprite assembly once more.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:33:44 pm by justin3009 »

cobaltex

• View Profile
    • anime4psp
« Reply #499 on: June 30, 2012, 09:01:07 pm »
If you need anyone to beta test on a psp just ask, since I would love to play this on my psp (the original dont work on psp).