logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

88142752 visitors

Author Topic: Super Metroid: Redesign OFFICIALLY RELEASED, All related questions HERE.  (Read 48468 times)

Kurasu

• View Profile
Patched the headered ROM with the headered patch. Had the problem that you saw before: wouldn't run at all. Removed the header. Patched the now-non-headered patch with the non-headered ROM. Ceres Station ran perfectly well. Looked great. Got into Crateria. See above. That's how it looks for me in both 1.43 and 1.36. Checksum reports as 'OK' on both games.

Ran the same game with SNES9X. Looks fine.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 04:36:21 pm by Kurasu »

Jigglysaint

• Corruptomancer
    • View Profile
    • Stuff Jigglysaint has done(like discover the Crocomire in MZM)
When you tried it in 1.36, did you start a new game or did you load a save state?

Kurasu

• View Profile
Loaded a save game (rather than a save state). Did the same with SNES9X, and it came out fine.

Started a new game in 1.36. Same thing happened.

Lenophis

• IRC Staff
  • The return of the sombrero!
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
If it's not the emulator causing this then there's the slim chance that somebody has a borked rom. It could've been Drew when he made the patch, it could be the users patching it.

To make it easy, everybody should check to make sure they have a clean dump of the rom.

https://ff6randomizer.codeplex.com/ - Randomize your FF6 experience!

Kiyoshi Aman

• Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
As far as I can tell [I haven't been able to beat Ceres yet because of the physics, argh; could've bumped the timer by 5 seconds because of the physics change], it works fine in my copy of ZSNES. I'll let you know once I've finished Ceres if it occurs on an unheadered rom with the unheadeered patch [the ROM being verified by NSRT] later today.

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile
First post ever!
Its a nice hack, haven't had any patching or graphic problems, but I am stuck and don't know what to do! I got the wall jumpboots, but I don't know what to do next.  Too move on,  I need either Bombs or Super Missiles to go to the next place and I can't get the Bombs or Super Missiles.  I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but I have back tracked and gone everywhere I have been before about 3 times.
Wark!

Lenophis

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
You need bombs to get super missiles, and the bombs are in Crateria behind Samus' ship.

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile
You need bombs to get super missiles, and the bombs are in Crateria behind Samus' ship.

If you mean to the left of her ship, I still can't find them.  The items to the left at least need bombs to get, I assume.
Or I am just an idiot.
Wark!

Brick

• View Profile
I'm stuck directly at the beginning of this hack!! Unbelievable! I think I will find the solution, after I've posted this. ;)

After I downloaded the map in Crateria I don't know where to go. I have the morph ball and 5 rockets. On the right of the maproom is a gap, with two of those green, badlike creatures above it. I don't manage to jump over this gap. The spinjump doesn't work, because I bump against the ceiling. Directly below the maproom is a shaft with a block in it which I can't blow up. Any tips? A walkthrough would be nice! ;)

Lenophis

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions

If you mean to the left of her ship, I still can't find them.  The items to the left at least need bombs to get, I assume.
Or I am just an idiot.
The bombs are on the right side of the ship, not the left. :P You start off by going left, therefore, "the other side" refers to the right. Go there.

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile
I'm stuck directly at the beginning of this hack!! Unbelievable! I think I will find the solution, after I've posted this. ;)

After I downloaded the map in Crateria I don't know where to go. I have the morph ball and 5 rockets. On the right of the maproom is a gap, with two of those green, badlike creatures above it. I don't manage to jump over this gap. The spinjump doesn't work, because I bump against the ceiling. Directly below the maproom is a shaft with a block in it which I can't blow up. Any tips? A walkthrough would be nice! ;)

I don't know what you are doing, but you should be able to jump past there fine, I just did it.  When you fall go to left, if the shaft you are talking about is there, you can jump above it and then you can get back to the map room and the gap and jump over it.  You might have to be running to make the jump, I always run so I don't think about it much.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 10:02:51 pm by SpiffSpoo »
Wark!

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile

Or I am just an idiot.
The bombs are on the right side of the ship, not the left. :P You start off by going left, therefore, "the other side" refers to the right. Go there.

The area with the ship?? The how do you get up to upper right side where the map shows the item at?  I get to the little cliff right next to the right of the ship but there is a smooth wall right above it.  And for the big ledge to the left, above the little tunnel, I can't get to the top left of that. I try to jump up and then wall jump on the patch of green but I can't reach it, and wall jumping from the indentation from below, I just don't have the skill to do that  :'(. Just running and jumping to the right from the big ledge just gets me to the little ledge on the right and I am back to square one.  I am so confused.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 10:24:50 pm by SpiffSpoo »
Wark!

Kiyoshi Aman

• Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
Okay, I get graphical glitches in Crateria, too, using a verified ROM in an old March WIP [3/19/2006].

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile
I used a headered rom and the header patch and it worked fine for me.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 10:47:28 pm by SpiffSpoo »
Wark!

Brick

• View Profile
Argh.. yes, I'm stupid. It's long ago since I played Super Metroid. I forgot the Run Button!  ::)

AlexAR

• View Profile
    • Digital Space
Also, realize that Samus jumps significantly higher when in the crouched position. No where in the Read Me is it stated, but the technique is required numerous times.

For those people having trouble with the wall jumping, be sure to hold the jump button when doing the wall jump. In the original, you can just tap the jump button and be OK, not so in this hack. You really have to be conscience about leaving the button held, well at least I do.. ;)   I cant believe I actually got good at this wall jump..at first I was mortified he had hacked that..now I look forward to doing the technique.

Drewseph

hey hey, Just thought I'd mention theres a New Version 1.3 on my main page:  http://drewseph.zophar.net

Also for those who are having too much trouble with the hack, you can see a speedrun of the main route at:

http://bisqwit.iki.fi/nesvideos/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81719#81719

follow his instructions to get the smv running

thanks again for playing (even if you hate it)

AlexAR

• View Profile
    • Digital Space
Whats new in 1.3? Just bugs fixes?

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile
I can't get the movie to work correctly.  For some reason when he goes farther into brinstar with super missiles, when he gets in the area with the Varia suit, but going through there for the first time, the movie screws up and he just falls into a pit of spikes and dies.  Whats up with that? I tired the 1.1 and 1.3 patch on a fresh rom to work with the movie, but the game itself has a problem.  In the space station, in the room after all the dead scientists, the view of the room is stuck half way in the floor, you cant see Samus, and you are stuck.  This happens playing the game or watching the movie.  Don't know where to get 1.2, so I haven't tried that.

Also, how come OpenGL mode never works?  I tried it with snes9x like 4 years ago and it didn't work then either.

PS
I don't use snes9x much, is there a way to toggle the FPS limiter off with a button like in zsnes??
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 10:15:37 pm by SpiffSpoo »
Wark!

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
PS
I don't use snes9x much, is there a way to toggle the FPS limiter off with a button like in zsnes??

Tab