logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

77918763 visitors

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 1719 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: December 14, 2012, 03:38:29 pm »
Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/)

MathUser2929

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 03:58:34 pm »
That UMKT hack is pretty sweet. Now theres a patch for high quality music ports.

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 06:09:18 pm »
I notice that some of the music in Peercast is tweaked slightly.

FallenAngel2387

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 07:48:22 pm »
Came across something earlier. If you like UMKT, Google "Mortal Kombat Revelations." Probably pretty much the same game, but they put in Quan Chi and someone called Hydro.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 08:53:14 pm »
I only played it briefly and don't know how complete it is. If it is mostly complete then it'd make a great addition on the site.

Edit: According to this link it's still glitchy as there are moves that will crash the game. It's probably not ready for this site yet. I hope he keeps working on it tho so one day it will be complete enough to add on here.

http://www.angelfire.com/va3/mk/fan_made/mkr_main.htm
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:54:14 pm by MathUser2929 »

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 09:35:16 am »
I kind of wish there was a move set faq for UMKT. ...I noticed a few things.

I couldn't seem to pull of Kano MK1's Plasma Blade Spin move.
There are three versions of Johnny Cage, but Johnny Cage was only in Mortal Kombat 1 and 2. I think the other version might just be the version used in Mortal Kombat Trilogy, but I'm kind of wondering about the extra Johnny.
Everyone has FOUR fatalities. Some of the new fatalities are pretty sweet, but some are pretty dumb. But really, what are you going to do?
ALL three versions of Scorpion have the same Animality, yet all the versions of every other character (Ninjas included) get different Animalities each.
Speaking of Animalities, I noticed a few were redone to look more like the original spectral creatures.
Some also uses sprited from other game. I'm wondering where all the 8-Bit sprites are from.
Oh yeah, the Fatality Demonstrations often cut-off some of the fatalities, so you cannot see them all.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 10:19:14 am »
There's a move list included in the download. It's the one that says translated buttons. The move list was taken from here:

http://www.angelfire.com/va3/mk/fan_made/umkt_main.htm

Also, the move list is for version 20, the hack before it, so it might not be totally up to date. Unfortunatley it don't have the combos. You'll have to consult the original russian move list included to find them. They are in button name form rather than move form. So no HP, LP, BL, etc. Instead it says X,B,A, etc.