logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

83970479 visitors

Author Topic: New Rockman Quest To The All Morai Title Screen  (Read 1527 times)

32x1000

• "Welcome to my DOJO!"
    • View Profile
New Rockman Quest To The All Morai Title Screen
« on: December 30, 2013, 10:57:33 pm »
Tell me what you guys think of this new title screen :D

Oh yeah and here's a new standing sprite

Here's the new NEW title screen.

Tell me what you think  :D

A updated rom with new title (Just to prove I could fit it in the space I had with the amount of tiles)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mmz7xs5a6cels1a/Rockman+Quest+to+the+all+morai.ips
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 10:46:45 pm by 32x1000 »
GO FORCE!

Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
Re: New Rockman Quest To The All Morai Title Screen
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:06:12 pm »
Are you going to make a new thread for every new thing you make for the same hack?

32x1000

• "Welcome to my DOJO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 11:14:32 pm »
The reason I do that is because when I DO add on to an old thread nobody reads it and they ask me questions about something I already posted on an old thread... and I am still a little nooby at this whole forum thing  :P
GO FORCE!

Zynk Oxhyde

• Submission Reviewer
  • WIP: ROLL♥CHAN 1~6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 12:05:05 am »
Tell me what you guys think of this new title screen :D

If I were you, I'd use the JP logo title then append the "Quest of the All Morai". What's "The All Morai"?

Oh yeah and here's a new standing sprite

That's from the Neogeo Pocket Color, right? I think there's a hack that has the same standing pose used.

The reason I do that is because when I DO add on to an old thread nobody reads it and they ask me questions about something I already posted on an old thread... and I am still a little nooby at this whole forum thing  :P
Maybe you should have a single thread about your projects like the others have.
It would be difficult for you if you have multiple threads to manage.

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 03:00:49 am »
I think this logo would suffice though i would commish a sprite maker to make it work

as for the rest of the game, will it have the robot masters we made for it?

And what does Rock need of the Morai [whatever they are]?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 03:32:39 am by CyberFox »

Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 09:23:34 am »

Yeah I post a lot of things that get ignored too.

32x1000

• "Welcome to my DOJO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 02:58:31 pm »
What's "The All Morai"?

It's a long story but I'll say it's like a haven of sorts... I'll release the plot later on :)

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:08:45 pm by 32x1000 »
GO FORCE!

NES Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 07:25:11 pm »
Why are you hacking the international version? Why not hack the Japanese version without the "Normal" (more like "Easy") mode if you're not using the Mega Man name?

Zynk Oxhyde

• Submission Reviewer
  • WIP: ROLL♥CHAN 1~6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 09:19:19 pm »
Here's the new NEW title screen.

Tell me what you think  :D
Better  :thumbsup:
I hope you get enough tiles for applying that. Good thing the TS is plainly laid.

But are you going to use that Japanese subtitle? Maybe you should do it in English.

M-Tee

• One pixel at a time…
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 10:19:22 pm »
Although these forums are not strictly moderated for such things, starting repeated threads for the same topic is generally considered poor forum etiquette. You have a personal project of rockman romhack(s) and you have started multiple threads to post miniscule updates or ideas for them.

The Personal Projects forum is specifically for this purpose.

Being for a very niche hobby, these forums are not heavily populated. If there are not responses to your posts, it does not mean people did not see them. It simply means that they have no desire to post a comment. It is poor etiquette then to start new threads to try to grab extra attention, especially since your threads have such little content in them.

You have roughly 8 threads on the first three pages, 7 of which are for rockman romhack(s), 1 of which is simply an announcement of an intention to make a romhack with no proof of concept or evidence of work. Every time you make a thread, someone else's gets pushed off of first page.

Put simply, as a self-admitted "nooby" to participating in forums, take the advice of
the other forumers which have criticised your choice of etiquette and start ONE thread in Personal Projects to keep all of your InProgress posts in. It will be easier for you, easier for the people interested in your project, and more considerate of the people who are not.

@Drakon: I actually find your assorted "concept hacks" or "mini hacks" to be very interesting, but in the same vein, I don't believe they warrant individual threads, and would be more inclined to participate in a longer discussion that included all of those projects as they came out.

32x1000

• "Welcome to my DOJO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 10:35:23 pm »
Ok I understand where you are coming from and I thank you for everything you have said. I now understand that I still don't quite get forum posting. I will, from now on, post one thread for one project. I am not one to become irate over things like this. With that said, thank you for the feedback I appreciate it.
GO FORCE!

M-Tee

• One pixel at a time…
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 11:00:35 pm »
It's no problem, man. Now you know.

However, judging by the assorted names on your Rockman threads (You have two or three?), and the fact that your SMB thread had literally no content, I would say even a thread per project would be too much.

I would put them in one. In the first post, list your different hacks, the significant ways they differ from each other, and if you start a new hack, add it to that thread, and explain how it is unique in scope and goal from the other hacks you are working on.

32x1000

• "Welcome to my DOJO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 11:05:09 pm »
That sounds like a good idea thanks :)
GO FORCE!

Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 09:16:25 am »
@Drakon: I actually find your assorted "concept hacks" or "mini hacks" to be very interesting, but in the same vein, I don't believe they warrant individual threads, and would be more inclined to participate in a longer discussion that included all of those projects as they came out.

Sure, I can make some sort of "mini-hacks" thread.  That's a good idea.

32x1000

• "Welcome to my DOJO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 03:12:29 pm »
Sure, I can make some sort of "mini-hacks" thread.  That's a good idea.

It certainly is!  :D
GO FORCE!

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 06:33:30 pm »
But now, let's focus on the game itself
- Will it have the robot masters and stages we made/devised for it?
- What does the Morai do?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:40:23 pm by CyberFox »

32x1000

• "Welcome to my DOJO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 08:00:37 pm »
Well the game is just Rockman Super Space except with a new title and new levels. So no I wont be using the robot masters from the contest they will be in the sequel. I don't want to spoil too much but the All Morai is the center of the universe and Dr wily wants to use it to rule the whole universe and not just the world.
GO FORCE!

Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 08:47:02 pm »
Well the game is just Rockman Super Space except with a new title and new levels. So no I wont be using the robot masters from the contest they will be in the sequel. I don't want to spoil too much but the All Morai is the center of the universe and Dr wily wants to use it to rule the whole universe and not just the world.

So there's stages on other planets?  Planet zebes stage?

32x1000

• "Welcome to my DOJO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 05:17:06 pm »
Yes you figured it out the robot masters are on other planets. As for a planet zebes stage I was wanting a game that felt as close to original as possible, that's why I am making all of the graphics for the game. So no I probably wont be putting planet zebes in the game... but I have plans to make a megaman game that has megaman going through levels of other games soooo I could probably put it there but that game wont be coming out for a while.

January 05, 2014, 04:20:59 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Ok so shortly after I finished my new title screen I noticed that If I try to select the difficult mode it crashes the game. I have no clue whats wrong with it >:(. If I can't fix it I'll have to transmit the game over to the Japanese Rom :(.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 04:20:59 pm by 32x1000 »
GO FORCE!