Arabic Font Pack (Medium)
|Last Modified||02 October 2013|
Arabic font set, which may prove useful for fan-translations for Arabic language and possibly, with some modifications, other languages using the same alphabet.
The screenshot has a message that uses all Arabic letters and most of their unique forms (”The one with the long shadow ate a iota from the blue diarrhea medicine, then screamed and his face went pale.. Not because he was weak, but because the taste was horrendously awful.”)
From left to right:
• Thin RPG Font #1, 8×16. Originally 8×12 without the “hamza” variants, but the height had to te increased to include these. Included are two different sets for the letter “alef”, one using only one character (for both initial/medial states) on the far left extremity (which may look ugly with fixed-width fonts), and another giving it two different, optimised forms.
Doesn’t include the following: elongation mark, optimal ending form “k”, optimal medial form “h”, optimal final form “f”, “Hindi” or “Arabic” numbers, ellipsis and dotted coma. Does includes “a+l”. Needs from 67 to 72 characters.
Source: Moon Crystal, Harvest Moon FoMT.
• Bordered version of aforementioned Thin RPG Font #1, 8×16. Letters still look connected.
• Bold variant of aforementioned Thin RPG font #2, with a drop shadow oriented to the left (as opposed to right) to match the Arabic writing orientation. 8×16, originally 8×12 without the “hamza” variants. Has both “alef” types. Needs from 67 to 72 characters.
Source: Monster World IV, Terranigma (unreleased).
• Bold variant again #2, 8×12. More optimized than the latter for these dimensions.
Source: Secret of Mana (unreleased).
• Thin condensed font #3 (8×16, Variable Width) Has fewer forms (incomplete “ain”, “ghain”, “y”, almost no hamza forms which is problematic), but fits within the limit of 52 letters. Adds an elongation mark, “a+l” combination, and most importantly uses a “tail” to compose the final forms of letters “sin”, “shin”, “sad”, “dhad”.
Source: Pokémon Ruby.
• Bold condensed font #4 (8×16) Same as the former, except bold.
Source: Captain Tsubasa 5 (unreleased).
• Bold 2bpp font #5 (14×16, Variable Width) Wider VWF with 4 colors. Wouldn’t look good if used as a fixed width font unless optimized duplicates of the given forms are created.
Gives 2 forms to “alef”, “l+a”, “f”, “k”, “y” and has most hamza variants, so that the font looks good, but still lacks a now needed optimal medial form for “j’, “ha”, “kha”.
Source: Zelda Phantom Hourglass (unreleased).
• Fonts made by: Montassar (#1, #1 Bordered, #2, #5), ExtraOrdinary (#3), Hisoka (#4).