(811 to 820) of 1426 Results
crumb: a pointer table and script utility released!
17 January 2010 4:49AM EST - Update by occluded_hairdo
After seven years, abstract crouton is back with a cool ‘lil util… an extremely customizable pointer table and script utility called ‘crumb.’ Basically, it’s used to recalculate the pointer tables in a rom after you modify the script (you can use it as a standalone script inserter, too). It’s user-friendly, able to deal with about any pointer table format you can throw at it, and can load and save config files.
A windows executable and java source code are available at the abstract crouton site.
Advance Wars (Portuguese)
17 January 2010 4:46AM EST - Update by Wolfwood
Monkeys Traduções has released a complete Portuguese translation of Advance Wars game, for Game Boy Advance. It is a great job from member DiegoHH of Monkeys Traduções Group, who also made extensive assembly hacking on the game.
Ys - The Oath in Felghana Italian patch 1.0 released
19 January 2010 5:45PM EST - Update by doppiapunta
After several months of development, the Italian patch for the Japanese PC game Ys - The Oath in Felghana is complete. It’s a well-know Japanese action-RPG involving Adol and his quests.
The Italian patch translates all dialogue and graphics, and makes the game run on a non-Japanese copy of Windows. The introduction video was edited, too.
It’s a really cool game, and now with the Italian patch it will be easy for Italians to understand and enjoy, too.
Have fun with it!
New Translations Added to the Database
08 January 2010 8:59AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Captain Silver (English)(Complete)(NES)
- Penguin Wars 2 (English)(Complete)(MSX)
- Woody Poco (English)(Complete)(MSX)
- Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse (English)(Complete)(NES)
- Silviana (English)(Complete)(MSX)
- Rockman 2 de Ippatsu Neta (English)(Complete)(PC)
- Gravity Armor Metal Storm (English)(Complete)(NES)
- Brave Battle Saga - Legend of the Magic Warrior (English)(Complete)(GEN)
- Chrono Trigger (Portuguese)(Complete)(SNES)
- Jazz Jackrabbit (French)(Complete)(GBA)
- Woody Poko (English)(Complete)(NES)
- Arkanoid: Revenge of Doh (Portuguese)(Complete)(X68K)
- Space Invaders (Portuguese)(Complete)(SG1K)
- Ninja Jajamaru’s Big Adventure (English)(Complete)(NES)
Chrono Trigger German Translation v2.00 RC1
08 January 2010 4:20PM EST - Update by creaothceann
24.12.2009 changes in v2.00 RC1
Note: THIS RELEASE IS A BETA VERSION! (RC1 = Release Candidate 1)
Despite extensive testing there may be some new, unforeseeable errors - maybe even fatal ones - because of the new working style via script dumping. Those will be fixed, prompting the release of Version 2.00 FINAL. Those wanting to avoid any risks should therefore use v1.02 for the time being.
I also want to point out explicitly that so-called savestates (i.e. for example ZS* and BS* files) created with previous versions of my translation might not be compatible with this version - especially if they were created while a dialog or menu was on the screen. Normal savegames (SRM Files) should work without problems though.
- The most important and best first: the complete script revision! The entire German script (almost 450 KB) was dumped from the established work ROM and tested in week-long work for weaknesses in content, logic, continuity, linguistic inconsequences, formulation blur, stilistic/idiomatic deficits, orthographic and typing mistakes etc., corrected where necessary and in great parts completely rewritten. In many cases of doubt the original English and even Japanese texts were consulted to reproduce all information in German as meaningful (and idiomatic) as possible. Lastly almost all line breaks were set anew so that longer names don’t cause errors during text rendering. Theefore I hope to present to you the best German Chrono Trigger ever! :-))
- Remaining text bugs from the US original and some inevitably translated errors from the English text were fixed. For example the seller at the Millenial Fair no longer claims that she hates fairs, but more correctly the exact opposite. ;-) It also becomes more clear what happened to Balthasar after he built the “Wings of Time”. Mind you, I left some “errors” of that kind alone because in some cases an intention was apparent or because a certain slapstick moment was created (e.g. when Nizbel proclaims before the fight: “Here the great Nizbel was defeated!”).
- All descriptions of the Techs, Magics etc. were checked for coherence and fixed. For the first time the two - even in the original - missing descriptions of the additional objects “Mag.Seal” and “ForceSeal” were amended!
- Some localisational refinements were added, e.g. the German typographical quotation marks (see Anführungszeichen - Deutschland und Österreich), a separate multiplication sign and improvements with the umlauts and the ß character.
- The ATB fighting mode graphic (visible when a new game is started) was completely redesigned.
- The patch is now offered in the UPS format only, to avoid problems with wrong/defect ROMs. See below on how to apply UPS patches in detailed step-by-step instructions.
- This readme was also extended and updated. The version history should be complete now. Completely new is the section THE GAME located further down, which not only introduces plot and main characters, but also lists some undocumented button assignments.
Rockman2 de Ippatsu Neta now in English
02 January 2010 6:44AM EST - Update by SPennLUE
It’s been asked countless times: why do villains sent out their henchmen one-by-one? Wouldn’t it be better to gang-rush the hero?
Now, with the magic of the personal computer, we can see what would have happened if Dr. Wily sent his eight robot masters into the same room at the same time.
This is an English translation of Rockman2 de Ippatsu Neta (ロックマン２で一発ネタ), an 8-against-1 battle with Quickman, Airman, Leafman, and all the others from Rockman2 (”Mega Man 2″ outside Japan). You do start with all the game’s special weapons, and there are other ways to turn the tables against your opponents, but it’s still a hellish battle that will test your patience.
Brave Battle Saga - Legend of the Magic Warrior released!
31 December 2009 7:33PM EST - Update by SteveMartin
After several months in the making, the English translation of the obscure Taiwanese Megadrive RPG Barver Battle Saga is now released, and reborn as Brave Battle Saga - Legend of the Magic Warrior!
A lot of work went into bringing this game to an English audience, so we hope you all enjoy this very fine release, just in time for New Years!
Gravity Armor Metal Storm
30 December 2009 4:43AM EST - Update by Sliver X
Gravity Armor Metal Storm is the japanese version of the game released stateside as “Metal Storm”. A cinematic intro was removed (As well as the end boss dialogue), the game made a little easier and virtually all colors were changed for the North American release.
This patch translates the intro/boss fight and also replaces the horrible japanese color scheme with the US one.
Front Mission 5 Beta Patch Released!
06 January 2010 5:11AM EST - Update by LegaiaRules
After 2 years in development and countless hours of hard work, the Front Mission 5 fan translation is now complete! Voice-overs aside, everything else has been changed from Japanese to English. Interfaces, menus, graphics, and of course, the dialogue itself! There were sound-related problems with the English-subtitled opening FMV (no sound in the game) so YouTube was used as a workaround solution.
Enjoy the final product and many thanks to all those who supported us (including you, the romhacking.net community)!
MIJET releases 2 patches + announcement
28 December 2009 8:32PM EST - Update by Pennywise
In addition to an updated Langrisser patch and new Silviana patch for the MSX, MIJET has a public announcement regarding the first four SegaNET Phantast Star Text Adventures (Kinds, Anne, Huey, Shilka). The ROM’s that were dumped were not complete versions, but beta versions with various bugs. Until someone re-dumps them, they would be ideally played on the MegaCD.