(811 to 820) of 1202 Results
Der Langrisser 1.02
31 March 2008 11:11PM EST - Update by Neil
D and byuu’s SNES Der Langrisser translation has been updated to 1.02! What’s new you may ask?
- Rewriting done on a considerable amount of dialogue based on user reports and play data supplied by MK. This includes revisions to much of the ending dialogue, re-translation lines in more than 30 scenarios and editing of text which was written based on fault speaker assumptions.
- Corrected another bug in the original Japanese game which caused Lana’s injured portrait to appear in the end of Scenario 35.
- Corrected a bug in the original game which listed Elementals as hireable units in the Living Armour and Stone Golem classes. Elementals do not exist as a hireable unit in the games 64-unit array. They have been removed from all units and are no longer displayed in the class change screen, though enemies and NPCs which have elementals will retain their units in game play.
- The Living Armour class has been augmented with Demon units, which were previously dummied out of the game. Demons are a weaker version of Archdemons, and will only be useful in the stage or two immediately following scenario 13, or if Osto pursues Stone Golem instead of Vampire Lord.
- Corrected all unit type (affinity) text which was written incorrectly in the Japanese game. The original game listed only 7 unit types, but the manual listed 18. Reverse-engineering of the class data tables showed the game manages 18 distinct unit types, and this explains why units classified as Bowman, such as Ballista, would remain weak to fliers. In the original game, the developers only allocated screen space for two characters at the right of each unit, so the unit types were all renamed to fit this screen. The English game allows for more space than the Japanese, and we are able to display the original intended names. In short, the unit affinity data in the manual for the first time in history matches what you see in Der Langrisser.
The patch is available in UPS format here.
[ 8 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://projects.elsallia.com/)
UPS: The Next Patching Revolution
31 March 2008 10:56PM EST - Update by Lenophis
byuu has released UPS, a file patching format meant to specifically replace IPS.
- simple file format, easy for anyone to implement.
- automatic bi-directional patching. The same patch can both patch and unpatch a game.
- CRC32 checksums on the original, modified and patch files guarantees patches will not apply to the incorrect games. We use CRC32 as this is designed to test integrity, not to prevent malicious checksum conflicts. Odds of a false positive are 1:4 billion with CRC32, and CRC32 is 100x easier to implement than eg MD5SUM, etc. Very important for others implementing this algorithm.
- infinite file sizes. No more 16MB limitation as with IPS.
- Windows / Linux GUI patchers, core library written in ISO C++9x.
- all of this is public domain
- command line functionality to patch files and create patches directly instead of using the UI
Staff note: You can find windows and linux binaries of the first UPS patcher archived here, and some more useful information and discussion here. IPS has been around since the mid 90s and has definitely worn out its welcome. Limited file sizes, no checks to ensure people are patching the correct ROM, and various hacked up implementations have dogged the community for too long. Hopefully UPS catches on. It’d be nice to have a more modern patching format in vogue.
[ 5 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://byuu.cinnamonpirate.com/)
Final Fantasy 2us/4j Medicine Power-Up Patch
23 March 2008 10:42PM EST - Update by Phoenix Hacks
Anyone who has played FFIV knows that Edward’s Medicine/Heal command is pretty useless, since it splits a Potion among 5 people. That’s like sharing a slice of pizza with your whole family — and who wants to do that? So I’ve created a patch that will increase the HP recovery done by this command, into the 60-90 HP range. Now everybody can have a slice.
Staff - You can grab it here at RHDN.
[ 7 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://phoenix.hacks.go...glepages.com/index.html)
Honoo No Toukyuuji Dodge Danpei Translation Released
22 March 2008 3:32PM EST - Update by saito
Here comes a full english translation of this great but not very popular dodgeball card-based game.
Please, read the “Readme.txt” file for further information about known bugs. Feedback is pretty appreciated too!
Thank you very much, and enjoy this translation.
Staff - This patch is available here at RHDN.
[ 12 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://transgen.890m.com/)
Card Fighters Clash 2 Translation Released
22 March 2008 1:11PM EST - Update by Kitsune Sniper
The lone NGPC translation project returns! Flavor has released the final version of his Card Fighters Clash 2 translation. It appears that the game is fully playable. Remember, if you find bugs, let Flavor know about them!
You can pick up the patch at the related site link below.
[ 2 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://cfc2english.blogspot.com/)
New Submitted Translations Added to the Database
19 March 2008 10:42AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Wonder Boy in Monster World (Italian)(Complete)
- The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening DX (Swedish)(Complete)
- Contra (Turkish)(Complete)
- Utawarerumono (English)(Complete)
- Super Mario Bros. (Arabic)(Complete)
- Persona 2: Innocent Sin ~ Tsumi (English)(In Progress)
- F-Zero - Climax (English)(Dead)
- Puzzle Boy (English)(Complete)
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart (English)(Complete)
- Rolling Thunder (French)(Complete)
- Rolling Thunder 2 (French)(Complete)
[ 0 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/trans/)
Caravan Heart Translation Released
16 March 2008 1:35PM EST - Update by KaioShin
Official release announcement:
After 2 years of dedicated work, we’re proud to present the complete English translation of Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart.
I’d like to thank everyone on the team and everyone who contributed over the years for their support. I’d also like to thank all of the fans who left encouraging comments for us and who believed in this project until the end.
Please read the release notes bundled with the patch. They don’t just contain ‘boring’ technical information but also lots of background information about the game and the translation as well as some notes from our translator.
Staff - You can get it from RHDN’s archive by clicking here.
[ 33 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://kaioshin.romhacking.net)
New Submitted Utilities Added to the Database
15 March 2008 8:04PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Utilities have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- GetMyHex (Miscellaneous)(NA)
- Aridia (Game Specific)(GEN)
- TMapEdit (Miscellaneous Graphics Tools)(SNES)
- AppleJuice (Level Editors)(NES)
- Scrubby (Graphics Viewers)(Multiple)
- PySR (Searching)(NA)
- NLZ77 (Miscellaneous)(GBA)
- Silent (Miscellaneous)(GB)
- Tile Molester Alternate (Graphics Editors)(Multiple)
- PPF Studio (Patching)(Multiple)
- Monkey-Moore (Searching)(NA)
[ 0 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/utils/)
PO.B.R.E - POrtal Brasileiro de Romhacking e Emulação
06 March 2008 11:41PM EST - Update by gamer_boy
Do you like Romhacking.net? Do you often find yourself saying, “I like RHDN a lot, but I’d like it even more if there were something like RHDN in Portuguese”? Well, it’s your lucky day! A site that, according to the site’s spokesmen, is “a Brazilian Romhacking.net equivalent” called PO.B.R.E - POrtal Brasileiro de Romhacking e Emulação recently set up shop.
There top priorities are including news about the Portuguese Romhacking Scene, translations, other Romhacking related projects, and tutorials. Thus far the site contains a large number of documents and utilities and is looking to expand their Translations and ROM Hacks sections.
Want to know more about how this site came to be? Do that thing with your clicker right here and you’ll be transported to a thread on the Forum Unificado de Romhacking board that details the rise to power of this Brazilian powerhouse. Seriously, check it out.
[ 6 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://www.romhackers.org)
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem Translation
04 March 2008 9:24AM EST - Update by RPGuy96
The Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem translation patch is now complete. Join Prince Marth of Aritia in a remake of the original Fire Emblem in Book 1: The War of Darkness, and then an all new saga in Book 2: The War of Heroes. A great addition to any strategy RPG fan’s library, as well as those who recognize the name Marth from Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl.