(811 to 820) of 1538 Results
SonED2 updated to v11.02.24
25 February 2011 1:07AM EST - Update by Stealth
SonED2, the Sonic the Hedgehog data editor, has received the following updates:
- Level editing support for Sonic 3 (& Knuckles), Sonic CD, and Knuckles’ Chaotix/Sonic Crackers
- Support for editing Sonic 1 Rotating Special Stages
- Project support for custom level data format combinations
- Level layout import from image support in addition to existing tile graphic importing
- Integrated functionality of the new ROMulan data Extractor/Injector utility
- Better settings modifying support- larger click areas and delayed-repeat hotkeys
- Various other feature and interface enhancements and fixes
For a more detailed list, see the “What’s New” documentation
Lufia & The Fortress of Doom SRAM Guide - Version 1.0 Released
21 February 2011 1:49AM EST - Update by Vegetaman
That’s right folks – the initial release of the Lufia & The Fortress of Doom SRAM Guide is upon us! This project that was initially started over one year ago is finally starting to gain some traction.
- The SRAM Division Into Save Slots
- Checksum Algorithm and Value Storage (thanks to KingMike for his assistance on this one)
- SRAM Locations for Character Data including Party Inventory and Learned Magic Spells
- Listing of all 254 items in the game (including some “dummy” items) and their hex values
- Listing of all 55 magic spells in the game (including previously unobtainable spells) and their hex values
- Discussion on binary and hexadecimal numbers and how to convert them to decimal.
Any information that you have that I may have missed or gotten wrong, please speak up. Your contributions would be most welcome!
Fire Emblem 1 - Full Translation
20 February 2011 4:26PM EST - Update by Quirino
Here is a full translation of the very first Fire Emblem game which was the last one in the series needing a translation of at least 90%.
Join Prince Marth on his journey to liberate the continent of Akaneia. Recruite allies and defeat enemies in the twenty-five chapters.
This one’s for the real Fire Emblem/RPG fans out there, as it’s recognized as the very first Strategy RPG. So if you want to find out how this genre started, be sure to not miss this!
Thanks for the script translation go to HHHIII of Serenes Forest forums.
Silva Saga II translation assistance needed again.
20 February 2011 5:20PM EST - Update by KingMike
Unfortunately, it looks like aishsha won’t be able to finish translating Silva Saga II for the Super Famicom, due to timing and other circumstances. Dynamic Designs estimates around 75% of the text is finished between Akujin and aishsha’s work. They are looking for someone willing to finish off the rest. Though it seems aishsha will be assisting D-D in ensuring that, in the end, names and such are consistent with aishsha’s own translation of Silva Saga I.
New Translations Added to the Database
13 February 2011 10:06AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Super Robot Wars J (English)(Fully Playable)(GBA)
- Banana (English)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Ishido (English)(Fully Playable)(FDS)
- Esper Corps (English)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Animal Forest (English)(Announced)(N64)
- Seiko-Chan SOS (English)(Fully Playable)(PC88)
- Totally Rad (English)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Ninja Princess (English)(Fully Playable)(SG1K)
- Angel Marlowe (English)(Fully Playable)(GB)
- Rockman Complete Works: Rockman (English)(Announced)(PSX)
New Final Fantasy VI Hack Includes Harder Gameplay & Comprehensive Changes
05 February 2011 5:56PM EST - Update by Gogo13
A brand new Final Fantasy VI gameplay modification has been released, complete with sweeping changes across the board:
- Much harder enemies
- New damage curves, HP curves, MP curves, and XP curves.
- Vast changes to monster AI, skills, and hero skills such as spells, espers, Lores, Swdtech, Blitzes, Dances, Tools, and Rages.
- Entirely new items, from the slightly different to the game-changing and super-powerful
- New spell animations
- Hero stats have been changed, with a focus to make each hero a competitive choice
- Lastly, the Colloseum has been completely redone, with every item yielding a viable foe and progressing to better items.
Even more surprising is the supporting documentation. A bestiary, a table of the new XP, HP, and MP curves, and even the excel file used to make the game (with way more information than anyone would care to read) is included.
If you love Final Fantasy VI, and have yearned for the challenging and complex game it should have been, be sure to give this new mod a look!
Verve Fanworks Celebrates the Year of the Rabbit With "Castle" Recruitment Drive
04 February 2011 5:16PM EST - Update by FaustWolf
When we think about the history of the Chinese videogame industry, all too often visions of pirated NES games come to mind. If you dig a little deeper, however, you’ll find a ton of gems the English-speaking world missed out on. Among these were Dynasty International’s “Tian Di Jie” series, for Windows. Why these were never picked up by a Western publisher boggles the mind, but hey, that’s where the fan translation community comes in!
Thanks to a veritable army of source language fans – who have contributed everything from utility programming to organizational skill to touched-up equipment art – a translation project for the second game in the Tian Di Jie series has thrived over the past year. The Verve Fanworks community still needs a ton of help to push this one through, including:
- Traditional Chinese-to-English text translation help. The multi-pass system has worked well for us so far, so we’re keeping an eye out both for people who have fun roughly translating tons and tons of dialogue, as well as those who only have time to provide revisions and second opinions.
- Pixel art for small elemental and equipment icons.
Join the awesome team behind this mammoth project, or just stop by and say hello, at our forum link at the bottom of this news post. We’ll leave you with some extra pics and a demo of the first three translated chapters of the game, roughly the first hour of gameplay.
Don’t hesitate to leave feedback, either here at the RH.net news thread or in the project’s “General Discussion” board at Verve Fanworks!
AGTP almost done with Hourai High
02 February 2011 8:00PM EST - Update by Gideon Zhi
Aeon Genesis has updated their website with news of the impending release of Hourai Gakuen no Bouken, AKA The Adventure of Hourai High. A couple dozen new screenshots have been added to the project page at AGTP, and an article showcasing twenty before-and-after comparisons has also been created. Keep your fingers crossed for a speedy resolution to the playtesting process!
Animal Forest N64 Translation
30 January 2011 7:10PM EST - Update by Pennywise
I thought I’d get the word out that an Animal Forest translation project has been in the works for what appears to be several years. A lot of work appears to have been done on the game and I think it deserves some attention since serious N64 translations don’t happen every day.
New Hacks Added to the Database
30 January 2011 8:55AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Ninja Warriors Again - Blood Patch (Improvement)
- Pac-Man Saw (Complete)
- Marble City (Complete)
- Colinbound Infina’s Invasion (Complete)
- Pokemon TCG: Mint’s Adventure (Improvement)
- Final Fantasy VI Once Again (Improvement)
- DOOM Spinball (Complete)
- Zelda3 PuzzleDudes Quest (Improvement)
- Space Manbow Fixes (Bug Fix)
- FF6: Is the Best Game Ever (Improvement)
- 1942 Cold Winter (Complete)
- Block’o Coin Mario (Improvement)