(721 to 730) of 1619 Results
Has the ROM hacking community finally found a patching format to call their own?
02 November 2012 5:11AM EST - Update by Tater Bear
For some time now the ROM hacking community has been plagued with problems and limitations of the IPS format, which is the most popular patching format used by ROM hackers. There have been several attempts to resolve these problems, with the most notable attempts being Ninja and UPS.
Well, byuu, one of the co-developers of the UPS format (meant to be an enhancement to the IPS format), decided to start from scratch and create a patching format that would meet all the primary needs of the ROM hacking community. This format is called BPS and it is fairly robust and offers no file size limits, smaller patch sizes, non linear patching, embedded readme files, and much more.
byuu recently confirmed that the specification has been finalized, after the inclusion of folder/directory patching. byuu stated, “BPS is a done deal. Extremely well vetted, tested against thousands of files. It’s not going anywhere”. With the final addition of folder patching we can not only patch single files but entire CD directories or PC game folders.
August of this year he released beat which can apply and create BPS files and, as with most of byuu’s projects, it is open source and highly portable. Visit the RHDN project page to read all that beat/BPS can offer and take the time to try it out and see if BPS is a good fit for your ROM hacking project.
Pokémon Red - Proud Eyes edition V3.0
27 October 2012 6:58PM EST - Update by break
Hello everyone, Break here with the release of the 3rd major update to my popular romhack Pokémon Red - Proud Eyes edition. After spending an extended period of time testing out the hacking tools available…I am very happy with the results of my re-balancing of this classic game.
Here is a condensed list of changes:
- The levels and types of pokémon that appear in caves, grass, and water have been edited
- Pokémon experience gains have been modified
- Updated the difficulty to catch in-game pokémon
- Pokémon starting move sets have been updated
- All of the pokémarts have been edited
- Lowered professor Oak’s aids item requirements
- Changed the types of pokémon that cycle through at the title screen
- All of the in-game pokémon trades have been updated
- The casino prizes have been edited
- All of the gym leader’s and elite 4’s pokémon teams have been edited
- Changed the number of TMs you recieve after obtaining a gym badge to three
- Overworld pokémon levels have been modified
- Edited all of the in-game rival encounters
SMW Central enters Super Mario 64 hacking
29 October 2012 8:27AM EST - Update by Kieran Menor
For almost 7 years now, SMW Central has been the backbone of the Super Mario World hacking community, providing valuable resources to SMW hackers, as well as hosting a huge list of hacks for those just looking for something to play.
Now, for the first time ever, we are expanding by adding another Mario title to the list of games we support. Yes, you guessed it, I am, of course, talking about Super Mario 64. In addition to adding a Super Mario 64 forum where hackers can mingle, we’re now hosting music, textures and Super Mario 64 hacks for everyone to enjoy, and we hope to add sections for even more types of resources soon.
If there’s a little Mario hacker in you, whether it be for the old or for the new - or even if you just want to try out a hack made by someone else - you should definitely stop by.
We look forward to welcoming you to our community!
Dragon Quest for Naughty Boys
22 October 2012 4:50PM EST - Update by DvD
Hacker International produced a large number of unlicensed titles for many systems. All of those made for the Famicom Disk System were either hentai titles or disk copy programs.
BodyConQuest I - Girls Exposed was Hacker International’s first and only RPG for the FDS. It is a 2 disk, hentai, Dragon Quest parody, action RPG.
Our completed translation features:
- Old english script to match the Dragon Warrior localization of Dragon Quest. Given the content of the game, it makes it that much more silly.
- We added new text from the king after after saving and when returning to speak to your mom after the intro.
- The disk error system now gives you the appropriate error when the wrong disk or side is inserted.
- Cleaned up graphics on full screen images of… you know…
- We were able to find scans of almost all of the manual. We’ve included what we could of the translated manual with this patch.
- We found great scans of the box, disks and an included warning note. We’ve included the complete translation of them.
Although 2 disks, the game is rather short. It’s quite easy to figure out what to do and bosses are easy as long as your levels are high enough. It has a battle system like Ys.
Super Mario Kart Alternate Tracks 2
13 October 2012 7:48AM EST - Update by elricorico
After slowly building up new tracks over the past year I felt it was time to release my follow up to Super Mario Kart Alternate Tracks. Again I’ve attempted to keep the feel of the original with some fresh ideas.
This is version 0.9, as the Battle Tracks are not changed. Every racing course is a new design.
New Translations Added to the Database
08 October 2012 7:12AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Mega Man V (Norwegian)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Little Master Episode 3 (English)(Unfinished)(SNES)
- Shenmue II (French)(Fully Playable)(DC)
- Bare Knuckle III (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(GEN)
- Tear Ring Saga (English)(Unfinished)(PSX)
- MediEvil II (Polish)(Fully Playable)(PSX)
- Princess Maker 2 Refine (English)(Announced)(PC)
- Front Mission 2 (English)(Unfinished)(PSX)
- Rockman EXE WS (English)(Fully Playable)(WS)
- Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys (English)(Fully Playable)(TGCD)
Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys Speaks English!
04 October 2012 2:34PM EST - Update by Burnt Lasagna
Finally, after many failed attempts, with three different directors, and 8 years of waiting; the Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys English dub patch is now ready for your TurboGrafx-CD!
This patch only changes the Japanese voices of the original game into English. The text will remain the same.
It is recommended that you use this patch along side Nightwolve’s in game text translation, in order to get the most out of the game.
Please visit the related URL or the RHDN project page for more information.
GoldenEye X - Patch 5a Released!
01 October 2012 10:35PM EST - Update by Wreck
The newest version of GoldenEye X has been made public! Every weapon is now available in multi, as well as two bonus maps. Simulants are now more intelligent when it comes to choosing and utilizing their weapons. Check out the RHDN page for addition details and a download link. If you’re a fan of GoldenEye 007 and/or Perfect Dark, you won’t be disappointed. Try it today!
For those of you unfamiliar with this mod, GoldenEye X is an enhancement project of the original GoldenEye 007 for the N64. It uses its spiritual successor, Perfect Dark, as the base game. Everything from GE007 is then modified and imported to PD. The result is the game you all know and love, but with a ton of new features and capabilities. Bots in multiplayer, the ability to select the body and head combination for your player, nearly complete control over your choice of scenario, weapons, limits, and soundtrack, 30 Virtual Assignments (think of them as mini-missions), and so much more. And this is only for the VR/Multi portion of the mod. The mission campaign will be focused on soon, and you can expect to see additional enhancements there, too.
Revised Castle Quest Translation Released
01 October 2012 7:16AM EST - Update by Pennywise
Today I present a new and improved translation of the quirky NES game, Castle Quest. This patch has been several years in the making after Hubz translated the game and this is the result of good old-fashioned hard work. It should be near-perfect. So enjoy.
New Hacks Added to the Database
29 September 2012 4:06PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Effect Enemy EX (Improvement)(Mega Man IV)(NES)
- Super Mario World The Lost Adventure Episode 1 (Complete)(Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Gulliver Boy: Hardware Compatibility Fix (Addendum)(Gulliver Boy)(SNES)
- Dragon Quest I+II Title Screen Fix (Addendum)(Dragon Quest I+II)(SNES)
- Magician (Complete)(Nuts & Milk)(NES)
- War of the Lions Slowdown Removal Patch (Bug Fix)(Final Fantasy Tactics - The War of the Lions)(PSP)
- Fancy Walking (Bug Fix)(Final Fantasy VI)(SNES)
- Haikei (Rockman 4) (Improvement)(Mega Man IV)(NES)
- Sonic 1 Improvement (Improvement)(Sonic the Hedgehog)(SMS)
- Super Robot Wars EX - Hard mode (Improvement)(Super Robot Wars EX)(SNES)