(721 to 730) of 1117 Results
Monster World IV Italian Translation
18 April 2008 10:25AM EST - Update by Shion
Shion, who has also done a translation for Wonder Boy in Monster World, is pleased to announce the release of his second Italian translation. This time he’s done the Genesis game: Monster World IV. The translation is complete including all dialog and graphics.
[ 1 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (mailto:email@example.com)
Final Fantasy 2us/4j Regen Power-Up Patch
14 April 2008 1:29PM EST - Update by Phoenix Hacks
Because it’s so weak, FuSoYa’s Regen command in FFIV is not really worth using; it only restores 10 HP per phase, for a total heal of about 100 HP. At the point in the game where he joins your party, this is pretty pathetic. This patch increases the HP recovery of the command to 255 HP per phase, for a total heal of 2000-2500 HP.
[ 2 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://phoenix.hacks.googlepages.com)
Bare Knuckle III Translation In-Progress
12 April 2008 11:17PM EST - Update by P.Lib
Unlike the previous two original games Bare Knuckle 3 was heavily censored for its western release. Look forward to this uncensored version of Streets of Rage 3 (by Twilight Translations) currently aimed for a Christmas ‘08 release. Be sure to check out their site for more information!
Note: The above screenshots are in no way indicative of the final patch’s script.
[ 6 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://www.rpgclassi...s.com/subsites/twit/)
New Submitted Hacks Added to the Database
07 April 2008 4:38AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Decatus Guard Bug Fix (Bug Fix)
- Googie’s hack of Lolo2 (Complete)
- SMB Special World 4-4 Bug Fix (Bug Fix)
- God Hates You! (Spoof)
- Sonic Level Fix (Bug Fix)
- Medicine Power-up Patch (Improvement)
- Enigmario (Improvement)
- Adventure Island 3: The Lost Isles (Complete)
- Bubble Bobble Madness (Complete)
- Tails in Sonic 1 (Improvement)
[ 4 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/)
Comprehensive SMB1 Music Hacking Guide Released
05 April 2008 9:59AM EST - Update by Dr. Floppy
It’s finally here: the first complete music hacking tutorial for the most widely-hacked ROM of all time. Everyone from beginner to veteran can get something out of this document. Contents include:
- Locations of all music pointers, headers and raw data.
- Converting a song into a linear string of bytes.
- The different coding mechanisms for the four “instrument” channels.
- Enabling percussion in Underground/Dungeon levels.
- The identities of every rhythm- and frequency byte.
- How to alter the rhythm- and frequency byte tables to create customized values.
- And more…
The Comprehensive Guide to SMB1 Music Hacking is available here.
[ 1 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/docs/390/)
Der Langrisser 1.02
31 March 2008 11:11PM EST - Update by Neil
D and byuu’s SNES Der Langrisser translation has been updated to 1.02! What’s new you may ask?
- Rewriting done on a considerable amount of dialogue based on user reports and play data supplied by MK. This includes revisions to much of the ending dialogue, re-translation lines in more than 30 scenarios and editing of text which was written based on fault speaker assumptions.
- Corrected another bug in the original Japanese game which caused Lana’s injured portrait to appear in the end of Scenario 35.
- Corrected a bug in the original game which listed Elementals as hireable units in the Living Armour and Stone Golem classes. Elementals do not exist as a hireable unit in the games 64-unit array. They have been removed from all units and are no longer displayed in the class change screen, though enemies and NPCs which have elementals will retain their units in game play.
- The Living Armour class has been augmented with Demon units, which were previously dummied out of the game. Demons are a weaker version of Archdemons, and will only be useful in the stage or two immediately following scenario 13, or if Osto pursues Stone Golem instead of Vampire Lord.
- Corrected all unit type (affinity) text which was written incorrectly in the Japanese game. The original game listed only 7 unit types, but the manual listed 18. Reverse-engineering of the class data tables showed the game manages 18 distinct unit types, and this explains why units classified as Bowman, such as Ballista, would remain weak to fliers. In the original game, the developers only allocated screen space for two characters at the right of each unit, so the unit types were all renamed to fit this screen. The English game allows for more space than the Japanese, and we are able to display the original intended names. In short, the unit affinity data in the manual for the first time in history matches what you see in Der Langrisser.
The patch is available in UPS format here.
[ 8 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://projects.elsallia.com/)
UPS: The Next Patching Revolution
31 March 2008 10:56PM EST - Update by Lenophis
byuu has released UPS, a file patching format meant to specifically replace IPS.
- simple file format, easy for anyone to implement.
- automatic bi-directional patching. The same patch can both patch and unpatch a game.
- CRC32 checksums on the original, modified and patch files guarantees patches will not apply to the incorrect games. We use CRC32 as this is designed to test integrity, not to prevent malicious checksum conflicts. Odds of a false positive are 1:4 billion with CRC32, and CRC32 is 100x easier to implement than eg MD5SUM, etc. Very important for others implementing this algorithm.
- infinite file sizes. No more 16MB limitation as with IPS.
- Windows / Linux GUI patchers, core library written in ISO C++9x.
- all of this is public domain
- command line functionality to patch files and create patches directly instead of using the UI
Staff note: You can find windows and linux binaries of the first UPS patcher archived here, and some more useful information and discussion here. IPS has been around since the mid 90s and has definitely worn out its welcome. Limited file sizes, no checks to ensure people are patching the correct ROM, and various hacked up implementations have dogged the community for too long. Hopefully UPS catches on. It’d be nice to have a more modern patching format in vogue.
[ 5 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://byuu.cinnamonpirate.com/)
Final Fantasy 2us/4j Medicine Power-Up Patch
23 March 2008 10:42PM EST - Update by Phoenix Hacks
Anyone who has played FFIV knows that Edward’s Medicine/Heal command is pretty useless, since it splits a Potion among 5 people. That’s like sharing a slice of pizza with your whole family — and who wants to do that? So I’ve created a patch that will increase the HP recovery done by this command, into the 60-90 HP range. Now everybody can have a slice.
Staff - You can grab it here at RHDN.
[ 7 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://phoenix.hacks.go...glepages.com/index.html)
Honoo No Toukyuuji Dodge Danpei Translation Released
22 March 2008 3:32PM EST - Update by saito
Here comes a full english translation of this great but not very popular dodgeball card-based game.
Please, read the “Readme.txt” file for further information about known bugs. Feedback is pretty appreciated too!
Thank you very much, and enjoy this translation.
Staff - This patch is available here at RHDN.
[ 12 COMMENTS ] Relevant Link: (http://transgen.890m.com/)
Card Fighters Clash 2 Translation Released
22 March 2008 1:11PM EST - Update by Kitsune Sniper
The lone NGPC translation project returns! Flavor has released the final version of his Card Fighters Clash 2 translation. It appears that the game is fully playable. Remember, if you find bugs, let Flavor know about them!
You can pick up the patch at the related site link below.