(1611 to 1620) of 1741 Results
Metroid Redesign is released!
07 May 2006 4:11PM EST - Update by Jigglysaint
(The following news was submitted by Jigglysaint with authorization from Drewseph, the author of this hack)
After 2 full years in the making, and several Restarts on the project, it has finally been completed. Click one of the download options, READ the READ ME, and apply the patch.
This ia Version 1.0 of the hack…. so… Please PM me ANY discovered bugs (places where you get stuck perminently, crahses, garble)
(Added by Jigglysaint) Everything has been changed. Zebes is now much larger than before, and not a single room is recognizable. On top of that, there are other changes as well the author wants you to experence. It\’s a tough game, but not impossible.
thank you all for playing!
- **NOTE*** this patch is for [JU] versions of the rom only, also ZSNES1.4x DOES NOT work with my hack because of errors in the program…. all future versions of ZSNES will work.
Addition by Dragonsbrethren: You can also get both patches in a single zipfile in our database: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/131/
Phantasian Productions New Project – Tales of Destiny 2
01 May 2006 1:40PM EST - Update by Cless
This is the real Tales of Destiny 2 only released in Japan on PlayStation 2, not to be confused with the US Tales of Destiny II for PlayStation 1, which is actually Tales of Eternia. It\’s been nearly four years since it was released and Namco USA seem intent on leaving it in Japan, so we\’re stepping up to it.
At this time, I\’m in the process of working on a menu patch, or more specifically, all or most of the text in the game\’s main executable file. It\’s coming together rather quickly– I have a complete double byte table already and should very soon have an awesome text dumper thanks to _Bnu.
For now I intend to translate the simple one or two word list things myself but I would really appreciate any volunteer help to handle more long-winded things like item descriptions.
I see it being possible that this could turn into a full localization at some point after doing some more reverse-engineering of the data files. Plus, I\’ve found that the game uses the exact same compression format as Tales of Phantasia PSX, so that\’s one huge hurdle down.
30 April 2006 12:44PM EST - Update by D
Last month it was pointed out to me that posters on RPGONE’s forums thought the group should retranslate Lufia & the Fortress of Doom, also known as Estpolis Biography, based on the Japanese to English censorship changes I released on GameFAQs.
I’ve always considered the translation very good aside from some forced NOA censorship and a few creative names–which were often better than the Japanese originals. However, since some people think it’s so bad, I threw together a patch to apply my FAQs changes to the game.
This patch changes all the following:
- Character Names: Dios, Erin and Arty are back to normal.
- Monster Names: Gardios and too many others to count.
- Censorship: Bars now sell booze instead of cider. Church is run by a priest instead of a grey-haired shemale. Bunny girls kiss the hero on the second floor of Forfeit Isle. The dress is once again a One-Piece swimsuit. All references to death restored in place of gloom. Shop sells Bunny Ears and Bunny Suits.
- Item Names: Brone to Bronze. Tan to Leather. Carbo to Holy. Might to Ancient. Stuffed Monkey. Rum, Vodka, Gin, Moonshine and Whiskey sold in stores. Lots more.
- Magic Names: All magic names restored to their original, unintelligible syllables. Have fun figuring out what does what. It’s Phantasy Star IV again!
- Dialogue: Corrected the Gades in Sheran reference when Lufia first sees Gades so it is no longer Tarzan-speak.
I did not change Forfeit Island to Pawning Place or Sinistrals into \”Four Mad Gods\” because the English version names sound a million times better. I also did not change Platina and Carbis back to Shaia Labs 1&3 because those would have been too big a hassle.
The patch has been moderately playtested. Please report any bugs that pop up and I’ll fix them. There is a slight chance of some spells making the game lock, but I think I fixed all of these.
Staff Note: As always, you can find the patched mirrored here. The archive includes a standard IPS patch as well as a NINJA format patch for those of you who do not like dealing with the problems caused by patching a headerless or interleaved rom.
New Submitted Documents Added to the Database
28 April 2006 3:46PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Documents have been submitted and approved to the database since the last report (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Super Mario RPG Bytes (Game Specific)
- Variable Width Font (Source Code)
- Recompression (Source Code)
- Deinterleave MD ROM (Source Code)
- DTE Routine (Source Code)
- Reverse Pointer Scan (Source Code)
- IPS Patcher (Source Code)
- Golden Sun Text Compression Workaround (Assembly)
New Submitted Hacks Added to the Database
27 April 2006 5:00PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database since the last report (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Final Fantasy ++ World of Chaos (Complete)
- Mushroom Nightmare (Complete)
- Metroid Master (Complete)
- Super Mario Bros. Pocket Edition (Improvement)
- Legend of Zelda Pocket Edition (Improvement)
- Metroid Pocket Edition (Improvement)
- Wilford Brimley Battle (Spoof)
- Super Metroid: Zebes Returns (Complete)
- Super Mario World: Return to Dinosaur Land (Complete)
- Rockman 5/7 (Improvement)
- Dragon Warrior I Plus (Improvement)
- Super Gothic Bros (Spoof)
- Mario’s Moon Adventure (Complete)
- Gate of Thunder Force (Spoof)
- Super Mario Bros. Chaos Control (Complete)
Gameboy Wars 3 Translation, First Release
27 April 2006 1:38PM EST - Update by akadewboy
After a few days of work the main menus of Gameboy Wars 3 have been replaced with English. This is just the first release, more to come in the future.
Staff Note: Hopefully there isn’t a patch release following the translation of every single screen in the game. But, you can get your menu patch here on RHDN as usual.
Final AMC version 0.95 Released
24 April 2006 5:32PM EST - Update by Nebelwurfer HQ
Nebelwurfer HQ has released the final version of their Genesis Advanced Military Commander Translation, v 0.95. This version has all scenario and End Game text translated.
The readme file also has instructions for how to get into the hidden Scenario Editor and Map Editor modes.
Note: You can get the patch from the author’s homepage or directly from our database
Esparks, Double Moon, and a relaunch!
24 April 2006 7:33PM EST - Update by Bongo`
After a brief hiatus, my website is back up and running. I decided announce two projects which have a fair amount of hacking done and only need a translator to get rolling. The first project is Esparks, a great little zelda style adventure game. I’ve got an english font inserted, and have figured out the text compression and coded a working decompressor and recompressor. The other is Double Moon Densetsu, a NES RPG in the style of DragonQuest. I have a few translated script file but I don’t know who translated them and would really like to know who did so that I can get their permission to use them. More details and info can be found on my site.
Wizardry 6 Bane of Cosmic Forge Translation
24 April 2006 8:06PM EST - Update by TiCo.
I have released a Wizardry 6 Bane of Cosmic Forge Translation. It’s currently at version 0.3beta and features Castle Levels playable in English. The patch currently only works in SNES9x.
Staff note: You can download the patch from our site, or the link below.
ROMhacking.net is MOVING to a NEW SERVER!
21 April 2006 1:31PM EST - Update by Nightcrawler
This is some important news that is going to effect everyone. When this site was started, it was unknown if it would take off, so it was put on deadbeat-inc.com to tread the waters. We have since out grown our current subdomain and host and far exceeded our expectations of popularity. It is because of this we are moving to a new Virtual Private Server (VPS/Semi-dedicated), and officially moving to http://www.romhacking.net. How will this affect you? Read on to find out.
This move is going to happen very quickly. It is expected to go down late this Sunday April 23rd. UPDATE YOUR LINKS. Using http://www.romhacking.net will ensure the best service during the transition. When the move is started, the following will happen:
- http://romhacking.deadbeat-inc.com/ will NO LONGER BE THE SITE ADDRESS! However, there will be a ‘we’ve moved page’ up or limited copy of the site.
- The forum access and all submission related pages on the site will go offline at the old address while the database is synced at the new location. (10 minute process)
- Affective immediately after that, the new location site will be turned on, and forum and site activity will resume there.
- http://www.romhacking.net will start pointing to the new location between a few minutes to a few days after the move depending on your geographical location and DNS propagation time. During this time a frozen version of this page will exist at the old location (archives online, but no forum, news, or submissions).
While I have extensivley tested the site and operation at the new server, I do expect we may have some minor growing pains. Anyone experiencing any problems should report it to me on the forum (if possible) or via e-mail (ncrawlerNOFNSPAM@verizon.net).
I’d like to thank SonofMog for being supportive and aggressive in helping to launch this site as well as providing hosting services for the site thus far. I hope to see you all very soon on the new server at http://www.romhacking.net where we will have many new abilities.