(1531 to 1540) of 1590 Results
New Submitted Hacks Added to the Database
03 February 2006 8:43AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database since the last report (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Final Fantasy Epica (Complete)
- Secret of Mana Variable Width Font Edition (Improvement)
- SMW2+ (Complete)
- Dynasty WLAF/USFL (Complete)
- Chrono Trigger Coliseum (Improvement)
- SoE 2 Player Edition Patch (Improvement)
- Cute Zelda (Improvement)
- Sliders 5.5 (Complete)
- Super Duper Mario Brothers (Improvement)
- Metroid - Invasion (Improvement)
- Final Fantasy Update (Improvement)
- Enemy Lifebar (Improvement)
- Super Monkey RPG (Spoof)
- Dragon Quest V bug patch (Bug Fix)
- Rydia’s Restored Power (Improvement)
- Pussy City Pimps (Spoof)
- Little Remo (Spoof)
- Luigi’s Chronicles (Complete)
- Super Mario Bros. in the Mystery of the Flying Fish (Complete)
- Arn’s Winter Quest: Gway Edition (Complete)
- Zombie Hunter Bug Fix (Bug Fix)
- Celes + Terra (Complete)
- The Second Reality Project 1 (Hard Type) (Complete)
- The Second Reality Project 1 (SNES Version) (Complete)
- Super Mario World: Chaos CompleXX (Spoof)
- Dr. Mario World: House Calls (Complete)
- Mario is Missing 2: Luigi’s New Adventure (Complete)
Tales of PSX Hacking
01 February 2006 7:19PM EST - Update by DaMarsMan
Cless has updated his site with information regarding his Tales of Phantasia translation project. Looks like 8×8 VWF is working correctly as well as a new dialogue font and larger numbers again. Everything seems to be coming along nicely and looking great.
pSX emulator released!
31 January 2006 1:43PM EST - Update by DaMarsMan
In the ROM Hacking community there has been a lack of utilities and documents for hacking next generation systems (psx, n64, ps2). This new simple psx emulator has great compatibility and support. It also has debugging utilities. The author is also working on PS2 support which would be awesome. Check out this shot of FFVII running.
Mega Man X3 GFX Decompression Routine
31 January 2006 6:58AM EST - Update by Euclid
This document explains the GFX decompression routine of Mega Man X3, included are an example C source code to decompress one block of data and also a commented version of the Decompression Routine in 65816 Assembly.
Hope this helps for people who’s going to hack or make editor for the game.
Staff Note: You can also download it from our archive.
ROM Hacks Section is Open!
26 January 2006 6:44PM EST - Update by Nightcrawler
I promised everybody a ROM Hacks section on launch day and it’s now time for me to deliver! The Hacks section introduces a few new features to the site as well as marks the next step toward giving all of you, the community, the power.
FIRST, You may be about to complain and say there are only a few hacks in this section. That’s where YOU come in. As I have stated in the past, this site is moving away from relying on staff to do everything. You can now use the ‘Submit Hack’ section to actually submit a hack to the database (via the same form we do!) and create the new page for it! As soon as your submission is approved, it will go directly into the database as is!
YOU have the power to put all the hacks you think should be preserved in the archive on the site. Don’t complain to us that your favorite hack isn’t there. Add it yourself! You don’t have to be a hack author to add a hack to the site.
In addition to that, the hacks section has now added column heading ordering capabilities to your search results. You can now click on a column heading and order your results the way you want! These capabilities will be added to the rest of the site once we’re sure all the bugs are worked out with the hacks section.
This is our first test case. If all goes well with this section, we will add these features to the rest of the sections, and pursue the next step of allowing you to edit database entries yourself(subject to staff approval)if you see a mistake or missing update etc.
So, let’s continue to band together and make this community Hacks section one of the most comprehensive and best around!
NOTE: You must have a board/site account and be logged in to submit a hack.
NOSE 1.1beta - NHL Old Skool Editor
26 January 2006 12:14AM EST - Update by wboy
NOSE is a game editor supporting the entire EA NHL Hockey series published for the Sega Genesis/MegaDrive.
Key Features include:
- Edit Team, Goalie, Player, Line & Playoff Draw data
- Edit Team, Strip and Rink color palettes
- Edit Rules, Menu Defaults and Timer variables (e.g. Period Length, Overtime)
- Advanced Copy & Paste supporting Goalies, Players, Lines and Playoff Draw data
- Increase the amount of bytes available for rosters, allowing for additional players and longer names.
NOSE 1.1b Improves on the original release by introducing easier record navigation within the edit windows, more accurate representation of the Genesis’ Hex BGR color palette, and the inclusion of the Overall Rating column for Goalies and Players.
Dragonball Z 3 and V Gundam Progress
26 January 2006 12:14AM EST - Update by RedComet
All of the ASM mods for Dragonball Z 3: Killer Androids have been completed and the scripts will be inserted shortly. There’s just a few issues that need to be worked out (nothing major, some linebreaks need to be inserted in the script in a few spots) before insertion can really get underway. I inserted the first couple of strings to test out the decompression routine, and everything is working correctly (check out the other screenshots at my site).
V Gundam (y’know, Mobile Suit Gundam: The Cardboard Adventure) is seeing progress as well. The script is expected to be finished in the next couple of weeks. Enjoy!
Akazukin Chacha updates
23 January 2006 1:53AM EST - Update by Ender
Here’s a list of things done over the weekend.
- Script command set reduced to one-byte entries
- Text-decompression routine implemented
- Text clears up properly
As you can see, the text doesn’t look nice as it’s fixed-width. Another problem is how much text we can fit into a single line which is, at the most, 16 characters. It kind of limits how creative you can get with the script.
We’re also looking for a script editor who knows Akazukin Chacha much better than we do, to give the script a more humorous edge to it.
20 January 2006 7:21AM EST - Update by creaothceann
vSNES version 2.52 has been released, again fixing some small bugs from the last version. This one will probably be the last update for some time… until I have revamped the rendering engine to display things like Direct Color mode and Interlace correctly.
- GUI: fixed updating of SceneViewer’s layer control groupbox
- SRC: added temporary hack for interlaced screens so that no more exceptions will occur
- SRC: for some reason exceptions don’t appear by default, added code for displaying them
A pair of King Colossus updates!
19 January 2006 10:49AM EST - Update by Grave Wisdom
M.I.J.E.T has updated his King Colossus patch twice recently. Heres what’s new this time:
1-14-06 Fixed checksum error
1-8-06 Now works with a hacked version of the rom file
You can download the latest version from our King Colossus page here or at M.I.J.E.T’s page.