(1451 to 1460) of 1503 Results
Akazukin Chacha updates
23 January 2006 1:53AM EST - Update by Ender
Here’s a list of things done over the weekend.
- Script command set reduced to one-byte entries
- Text-decompression routine implemented
- Text clears up properly
As you can see, the text doesn’t look nice as it’s fixed-width. Another problem is how much text we can fit into a single line which is, at the most, 16 characters. It kind of limits how creative you can get with the script.
We’re also looking for a script editor who knows Akazukin Chacha much better than we do, to give the script a more humorous edge to it.
20 January 2006 7:21AM EST - Update by creaothceann
vSNES version 2.52 has been released, again fixing some small bugs from the last version. This one will probably be the last update for some time… until I have revamped the rendering engine to display things like Direct Color mode and Interlace correctly.
- GUI: fixed updating of SceneViewer’s layer control groupbox
- SRC: added temporary hack for interlaced screens so that no more exceptions will occur
- SRC: for some reason exceptions don’t appear by default, added code for displaying them
A pair of King Colossus updates!
19 January 2006 10:49AM EST - Update by Grave Wisdom
M.I.J.E.T has updated his King Colossus patch twice recently. Heres what’s new this time:
1-14-06 Fixed checksum error
1-8-06 Now works with a hacked version of the rom file
You can download the latest version from our King Colossus page here or at M.I.J.E.T’s page.
Phantasy Star Retranslation Project
20 January 2006 7:30AM EST - Update by Anonymous
A dedicated team at SMS Power! is freshening up the 8-bit FM version with extensive assembly work and a retranslation.
Will DarkFalz survive?
Check the WIP link for more screenshots and detailed information.
Staff Note: From the looks of the thread they currently have the script translated and are waiting for their script editor to do his magic.
18 January 2006 5:09PM EST - Update by creaothceann
vSNES 2.51 has been released. Changes:
- GUI: added some cartridge buttons to the main window
- SRC: changed SceneViewer updating from “brute-force” to “structured”
- SRC: changed rendering engine to use normal rendering for H-512 mode
- SRC: (hopefully) fixed some file link issues of the main window menus
- SRC: fixed stupid oversight in HDMA direction detection
Breath of Fire II - enhancement patch/translation progress
18 January 2006 5:11PM EST - Update by FloBo
D4S updated his blog about his enhancement/(re-)translation patch for Breath of Fire II recently.
Whilst the complete script has been translated into german tongue, about one third of script polishing of the german translation has been done up to now.
About the english retranslation of the script: PKGingo, the guy who works over the english script, reported that he’s about 85% through it!!! If that’s no nice news^^
For further information, feedback, etc. go to http://bof2.blogspot.com/!
Newbie ROMhacking Tutorial
19 January 2006 9:30PM EST - Update by Aeris130
This is little project I’ve been working on for some time (well, not that long…). It’s more or less an online tutorial regarding the basics in romhacking.
But unlike most tutorials, this one was written for noobs (not newbies, there’s a difference), with the purpose of providing an option for those who simply can’t make heads or tails out of the many docs that one usually refers to when someone asks how to edit text etc. An example would be the hexedit chapter, using images and nearly 800 words just to describe how to edit the hexadecimal “25″ to “35″.
I don’t know if it’ll be of any use or not, but I’ve had it in the back of my head ever since I started romhacking myself. Enjoy.
This is a nice site. I have contacted the author of this site and we have made this site our first official affiliate.
I’d like to take this opportunity to remind everybody that we also have a ‘Getting Started’ section right here on ROMhacking.net aimed at the exact same purpose. We’re trying our best to teach the newest of new and prepare them to be able to utilize all of the main documents in our archive.
So, take a look and remember to voice your suggestions, willingness to contribute, or your opinion on our message board.
Between our two sites, if you don’t learn anything, perhaps you need a new hobby! )
Akazukin Cha Cha translation is Back on Track
17 January 2006 10:03AM EST - Update by Ender
I’ve started working on Akazukin Cha Cha again, and the project should be flowing smoothly soon. We’ll keep you updated on the progress.
CTj Retranslation Begins
17 January 2006 10:02AM EST - Update by Zeality
After spending several months working on extracting the Japanese script, JLukas successfully ripped it in January. It’s been released here and is organized by the text box listings in the game. Accordingly, the Compendium’s started its own CT Japanese Retranslation project to present a clearer version of the game (without NOA’s censoring or the occasionally flubs in the official translation) to fans. Right now, it has about 6 regular volunteers for translating, and more fans with a good skill in Japanese are encouraged to assist (here). After it is complete, a special edition ROM hack may be made with the new retranslation and some other new features, such as the Coliseum or areas from the Prerelease.
Funk the 9 Ball complete patch
14 January 2006 4:37PM EST - Update by Philip Reuben
I finished translating Funk the 9 Ball, a GBC game about billiards. Patch version 1.00 is available at my site (see the link below). In short, all the text that wasn’t translated in the last version (mainly the item and Tamappii descriptions) now is, and I have gone through all the other text in the game and improved accuracy and clarity where appropriate.
This marks PR Translations’ first completed project. (And it only took me about 5 years or so =)