(101 to 110) of 2110 Results
New Hacks Added to the Database
12 October 2020 11:02AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Super Mario 16 de Septiembre Pack (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Castlevania - Revenge of the Fiendsiecle Triple Trevor (Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance)(GBA)
- Batman: The Junkyard Challenge (Batman: The Video Game)(NES)
- Might and Magic Restoration (Might and Magic: Secret of the Inner Sanctum)(NES)
- Super Street Fighter II Remix Edition By BlastoBR (Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers)(GEN)
- Elvira’s Monster Party (Monster Party)(NES)
- Bald Bull’s Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson’s Punch Out!!)(NES)
- Super Royal Pals. 3 (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Prototype Sprites in Final Sonic 2 (Sonic the Hedgehog 2)(GEN)
- Ultimate Doom MAPS All Episodes Hack (DOOM)(32X)
- Dr. Garfield (Dr. Mario)(NES)
- Doom 2 MAPS All Levels Hack (DOOM)(32X)
- Hebereke mario bros character (U-four-ia: The Saga)(NES)
- Porco Rosso (1943 NES Hack) (1943: The Battle of Midway)(NES)
- Megaman 1 - The New Lands (Mega Man)(NES)
- The Legend of Zelda - Perils of Darkness (The Legend of Zelda)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. Resprited (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Final Fantasy VI - SG-III (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- NES Dream Team (Cocoron)(NES)
- Gargoyle’s Quest - Text Restoration (Gargoyle’s Quest: Ghosts’N Goblins)(GB)
- Soft Reset (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Last Bible III Estoma Hack (Last Bible III)(SNES)
- Contra jump control (Contra)(NES)
- gradius resurrection (Gradius)(NES)
- Moonwalker: Custom Soundtrack (Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker)(GEN)
- Gargoyle’s Quest 2 - Ghosts ‘N Goblins Font (Gargoyle’s Quest II)(NES)
- Little Samson Restoration (Little Samson)(NES)
- Cookie’s Original Sprites (Panic Restaurant)(NES)
- Wliy Tower Always Available (Mega Man: The Wily Wars)(GEN)
- Heart of Chaos (Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow)(GBA)
- SMAS Improvement Hack (Super Mario All-Stars)(SNES)
- Metroid Improved RNG (Metroid)(NES)
- Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance: Aesthetic Animation (Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance)(GBA)
- Mega Man 2 - No Full-Screen Flashes (Mega Man 2)(NES)
- SMB 1+2 Super Crowned - Toadette ver. (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Earth Worm Jim 3 ENHANCED COLOR (Earth Worm Jim 3)(NES)
- Better SM64 Non-Stop (Super Mario 64)(N64)
- SMB3 Buzzy Beetle Fix (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Sonic 2: Fair Fight (Sonic the Hedgehog 2)(GEN)
- Secret of Evermore 25th Anniversary Balance Patch (Secret of Evermore)(SNES)
- Metroid FDS RNG for NES version (Metroid)(NES)
- SMB3 Toad Restored (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Battletoads changed colors (Battletoads)(NES)
- Shadowgate Swedish Verbs Fixed (Shadowgate)(NES)
- Dr. Robotnik’s MBM - 4 Colors for Battle Subscribed (Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine)(GEN)
- Donkey Kong 3 (highscore-savepatch) (Donkey Kong 3)(NES)
- Prince of Persia - Flash Removal (Prince of Persia)(NES)
- The Addams Family - Inproved Controls (The Addams Family)(GEN)
- Zelda 2 Redux (Zelda II: The Adventure of Link)(NES)
- SMAS+W SMB2 Classic Overalls (Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Extra Melody Bros. (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Killer Instinct - Eyedol Edition Deluxe (Killer Instinct)(SNES)
- King’s Defeat Restoration (Art of Fighting)(SNES)
New Translations Added to the Database
12 October 2020 11:01AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Super Chinese World 2 (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Valhollian (Fully Playable)(SAT)
- Pokémon Picross (Unfinished)(GB)
- Harukanaru Augusta - Masters ‘98 (Japan) (Fully Playable)(N64)
- State of War 2: Arcon (Fully Playable)(PC)
- Super Chinese Fighter (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Wizardry I-II-III: Story of Llylgamyn (Addendum)(SNES)
- Star Ocean (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Micro Machines (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Suikoden II (Fully Playable)(PSX)
- Bionic Battler (Fully Playable)(GB)
- Majin Tensei (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Samurai Shodown! 2 (Fully Playable)(NGPC)
- Crystal Quest (Fully Playable)(GB)
- Galaxy Force II (Fully Playable)(GEN)
- Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Super S: Zenin Sanka!! Shuyaku Soudatsusen (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Mega Man X3 (Fully Playable)(SNES)
- Super Mario Kart (Unfinished)(SNES)
- Addams Family Values (Fully Playable)(GEN)
Zelda: Remastered Released (Mesen HD Pack)
11 October 2020 9:12AM EST - Update by Aclectico
A Mesen Resource Pack is now available for the NES game, The Legend of Zelda. Upgrades include, but are not limited to, increased resolution, animated backgrounds, upgraded sound, and various gameplay enhancements. This was a group project and many elements had to come together to make the final product possible.
This is the first Mesen pack to utilize a new “background based” approach to graphic replacement on a large scale. Traditional graphic replacement methods for NES Emulators usually involve replacing individual 8×8 graphic tiles that are part of the native game coding. This often becomes an issue for graphic replacement artists because 8×8 tiles are often repeated many times within games due to the size limitations of NES hardware. Because of this, it is often very easy to fall victim to an HD Pack that looks very repetitive or artificial.
To avoid this pitfall, a programmer known as KYA built upon previous work done by Sour with regard to static background image replacement. Instead of replacing small 8×8 tiles, one large .png file is used in various areas as a “background” to fill the entire screen. Since the Overworld in the Legend of Zelda is made of many static screens that are all tied together, it was a perfect candidate for this type of approach on a large scale. Several memory checks are used to facilitate screen transitions, and the 8×8 tiles are still utilized for interactable blocks. This allowed for maximum creative expression and it allowed for much more interesting graphic upgrades.
Many “quality of life” features are also included courtesy of ShadowOne333. These are implemented via a bundled .ips file which is included in the pack.
Install Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4_Z206pryw&t=10s
EightBound - UPDATE OF DOOM (1.3) Released
07 October 2020 7:32AM EST - Update by Polinym
EightBound has just received an even bigger update with features you won’t want to miss!
For one, Polinym solved the flag issues regarding hidden bosses and extra items once and for all! Everything should work as intended now. There are lots of other little fixes as well, but you’ll have to play the game to see them.
New additions to EightBound include:
- New item icons in the inventory
- Different menu colors now are properly named
- New spell-casting items
- New sidequest
- New / enhanced enemies
- Visiting Moogle Valley is no longer necessary to enter Ultros’s base
- Two new bosses
- Culex has been adjusted
- New and existing battle moves have been enhanced
- Removed unintended “La Arsene” item
- ATM Card DX: Withdraw Gil from anywhere
EightBound has become the new EarthBound Kaizo. Do you have what it takes to reach the very end? Or will you crumble under the challenge?
Also check out this video talking about what’s new in EightBound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c466JLuL2ys
Elvira's Monster Party
04 October 2020 11:56AM EST - Update by tygerbug
Just in time for Halloween!
Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, the horror hostess played by Cassandra Peterson, stars in this hack of Bandai’s Monster Party for the NES / Famicom.
With a flaming sword to deflect attacks (like a baseball bat), and the ability to transform into a bat-winged (and bat-throwing) monster, Elvira “the Queen of Halloween” is ready for action! So batter up and fight through eight stages in a parody world filled with familiar movie monsters.
The player character has been replaced with Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, who also appears in the intro and outro cutscenes with new text. Boss text has also been altered.
Feel free to help fix any bugs.
This is based on the restoration and translation of Parody World Monster Party, released by Stardust Crusaders. http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3115/
Concept and Elvira graphics were created by Sil3nt_J.
Various graphics, text and Romhacking by Garrett Gilchrist (tygerbug).
This is a patch for Monster_Party_(J)_(Prototype).zip (256 KB)
Zelda 2 Redux now officially released!
03 October 2020 9:10AM EST - Update by ShadowOne333
A hack years in the making… finally hits its official release!
Zelda 2 Redux adds a ton of Quality of Life changes to the original Zelda 2, that it basically aims to make the Zelda 2 experience a much more enjoyable and balanced game throughout, so that users enjoy the game in a way they see fit!
The changelog is huge, from a completely revamped and revised script based on the original Japanese translation with expanded text boxes, reworked HUD to resemble other Zelda games, manual save feature, restored text and graphics, animated tiles in the overworld, the FDS battle theme integrated alongside the original NES one, rebalance of enemies and magic consumption, and much, much more!
Not enough for you? Or you still wish to experience the excruciatingly hard experience the original game had or don’t like certain features? Don’t worry, Zelda 2 Redux also includes optional patches to remove some features to make it akin to the original game, or even apply other optional patches to make the game easier for newcomers!
What are you waiting for? Get the hack and try it out! It might even make you enjoy Zelda II if you disliked it before!
02 October 2020 11:40AM EST - Update by QUXNLADY
The most amazing part of ROM Hacking is the ability to take something you’ve grown up with and love and make changes to it. To remix and to adapt and share with the world your idea.
With the Release of “Super Royal Pals. 3“, it’s time to highlight some other hacks that change the protagonist to a woman.
- The Quest of Zelda - Can Zelda stop the evil Ganon and rescue the Triforce of Courage?
- Zelda starring Zelda 2 (SNES) - This time Zelda has to break Link out of jail and save Hyrule.
- Gender Neutral Series - Adjusts the text to be gender-neutral, amazing work that even covers some of the 3D games.
- Amy Rose in Sonic the Hedgehog - Can Amy Rose dunk on Eggman?
- Amy Rose in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Amy Rose and Tails join up to dunk on Eggman together.
- Sonic 3 and Amy Rose Amy Rose… & Knuckles
- Pokémon Red/Blue Gender Selection - Adds gender selection to the original Red and Blue
- Pokemon TCG: Mint’s Adventure - Changes the Hero to Mint from the second game.
- Pokémon Playable Yellow - Changes the main character to Yellow from the manga.
- Pauline Edition - A Donkey Kong hack made by a father because his daughter wanted to play as Pauline.
- Super Royal Pals., Super Royal Pals 2. and Super Royal Pals. 3 - Hacks of the first three Super Mario Brothers games that replace the characters with the Princesses.
- Super Peach World DX - Changes Mario to Peach in Super Mario World.
- Shadowrun Female Player - Take on the dark world of Shadowrun as a woman.
- Castlevania III - Carmilla’s Edition - Carmilla takes a swing at the big vampire.
- Roll-Chan Series - Almost every classic Mega Man game changed to star Roll!
Hopefully this will inspire people to make more hacks like this!
Secret of Evermore 25th Anniversary celebration
30 September 2020 2:05PM EST - Update by MKnightDH
Secret of Evermore was originally released on October 1, 1995. 25 years have passed and it stands the test of time with an underdog story, plenty of thoughtfulness by the developers covering unlikely scenarios, and especially inspirational game design leading to a product that invites being glass half-full. Of course, there are definite misfires within the balancing, which have added criticisms against the game.
The 25th Anniversary Balance Patch aims to breathe new life into Secret of Evermore and rectify key issues as well as highlight intended design philosophies to make the game more interesting. Although it’s still not perfected due to deadline issues, with the bulk of the testing even being for making sure no new problems from something like the game freezing get introduced, rest assured that it is presentable as intended. Enjoy.
Non-malicious feedback welcome.
Sega Saturn SRPG Vahollian Translated into English!
29 September 2020 12:24PM EST - Update by Pennywise
aishsha, paul_met and Pennywise present another completed Sega Saturn translation for the SRPG Valhollian. Chances are most people have probably never heard of the game, but now’s a perfect time to learn all about it. We’ve included a translated manual with this release. Given that there’s very little info available on the game, a translated manual might be a significant source of info on the game.
Anyhow, Valhollian was released by a very tiny company that only a released a few titles, so it might as well be considered more of an indie title by modern standards. It features beautiful 2D graphics with 3D battles that can be turned off. It’s also a very difficult game with grueling battles that can last over an hour. If one is to succeed, they must be a master of strategy, take full advantage of the gameplay mechanics and save often. The good news is the game gets easier as you progress. Assuming players can get past the difficulty, they’ll find a typical fantasy RPG story that actually manages to provide some decent depth and twists and turns.
In addition to providing to a polished J-E translation, if players have the 4MB action replay cart, the translation will take advantage of it and use it to reduce load times.
Anyhow, be sure to let the team know how hard the game is and a big thanks to everyone who helped get the translation to the finish line.
Photo-Sensitive Epilepsy Safe Hacks
29 September 2020 9:12AM EST - Update by tygerbug
Several hacks of NES and SNES games are now available for players with photo-sensitive epilepsy.
Full-screen flashing lights can cause seizures in some players. These games have been edited to be safe to play.
Hopefully in the future there will be more hacks of any game to be more friendly to those with photo-sensitive epilepsy, and emulator settings to detect and remove (or lessen) sudden full-screen flashing, or an lua script to do it.
Many triggers come from rapid writes to color 0 of the background palette (universal background color). This could be unchecked.
Mega Man 2 - No Full-Screen Flashes Hack
This is an accessibility hack by Tetrahedrus. This hack has removed all full-screen flashes from Mega Man 2 for the NES.
- Stage select screen
- Flashing during boss fights (such as in the background like with Metal Man, when attacking certain bosses, and the flashing after beating certain bosses)
- The purple flashing when Dr. Light gives you special weapons
- The map of Dr. Wily’s castle when progressing to the next stage
- The final cutscene, including the seasonal transitions
Kyouryuu Sentai Zyuranger NES (Super Sentai/ Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series) No Full-Screen Flashes
This hack was created by Tetrahedrus. All full-screen flashes have been removed to make the game easier to play by those affected by flashing lights.
Cocoron - Flashing removed by NovaSquirrel.
Willow NES No Flash Hack by JigglySaint
Some flashing animation is still in the game, but the ones that got the most complaints such as the death flash, the flash from splitting ghosts, and from using the Fleet Spell have all been eliminated. Death will still cause Willow to flash, and the screen will turn white, but the full screen flash will be gone.
Zelda 2 Redux by ShadowOne333: Reduced flashing during death.
Earthbound MaternalBound Redux hack by ShadowOne333:
Implemented photosensitive reduction hacks made from subsequent releases of EarthBound (SNES Mini, Virtual Console) into MaternalBound, to make the experience the most seizure-safe possible
Bonus - Pokémon anime: Dennō Senshi Porygon Reedit